Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Islam's true colors shown again...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
And yet another...

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2012/06/sharia-in-action-saudi-man-beheaded-for-witchcraft-sorcery.html

A Saudi man was beheaded today on charges of sorcery, witchcraft and owning talismans, Arab News reports, quoting the Saudi Interior Ministry. Muree bin Ali Al-Asiri also admitted to "committing adultery with two women," the ministry says, according to the Saudi Press Agency. He was executed in the southern Najran province.

The BBC reports that a Saudi woman was executed for committing sorcery and witchcraft in December, and a Sudanese man was executed in September, despite calls by Amnesty International for his release.

The BBC's Arab affairs editor, Sebastian Usher, notes that Saudi Arabia's powerful conservative religious leaders strongly back the harshest punishment for anyone suspected of acts of sorcery, including fortune-telling and faith-healing.

Pentecostals beware!

Islam is an evil, dangerous and backwards cult stuck in the 7th century and those in it who would promote executing "infidels" are vermin.

I would rather not assume so must ask - what is your objective?

To warn people that Islam is an evil, dangerous, and backwards cult stuck in the 7th century.

Did I mention barbaric, too?

There is nothing civilized about those who would shout "Kill the police" or those who would behead others for not adhering strictly to such antiquated and barbaric ideas as those presented in the Koran.

No truly civilized person should be associated with such a vile and barbaric cult.

And there was nothing more illustrative of this than the events that happened after Terry Jones burned the Koran. He burned a book and 11 innocent people half a world away died. The barbarians are at Rome's gates again. What are we going to do this time?

Is there no Muslim who feels any sense of shame at all for being associated with those who perform such evil and barbaric acts???

Last edited by a moderator:
They flood the society, do not assimilate, and have a higher birth rate than the populous that they move in on. Then come the laws and the new way of life.

You've just described - in so many words - the way a virus works.

And let me add one more thing...

Were Christianity as violent and hateful as Islam, and were it's adherents as silent about atrocities committed in the name of Christ as Islam's are about barbarity committed in the name of Allah, I would have no problem denouncing such an evil and barbaric religion. I would leave it in an instant. I would hope anyone of good conscience in Islam would do the same.

And let me add one more thing...

Were Christianity as violent and hateful as Islam, and were it's adherents as silent about atrocities committed in the name of Christ as Islam's are about barbarity committed in the name of Allah, I would have no problem denouncing such an evil and barbaric religion. I would leave it in an instant. I would hope anyone of good conscience in Islam would do the same.
And yet that did happen in Christianity.

Your vitriolic posts are most un-Christlike and do great harm to the gospel message. :nono2:shame

And yet that did happen in Christianity.

And many left the Roman Catholic Church or the faith entirely because of it. Do you see that happening now? Do you see Christians bombing Mosques in places like Dearborn and New York? Of course not!

Measure Christianity of today by the same standard you measure Islam of today and even you would have to agree there's no comparison between the level of violence one sees in the former versus the latter.

Your vitriolic posts are most un-Christlike and do great harm to the
gospel message.

What "gospel message", Free? The "I'm OK, you're OK, Barney Song" gospel that looks past the evil of an entire cult???

Or the one that holds a mirror up to Islamists to try to get them to see that they belong to a cult that is as dangerous to them as it is to others?

How many people have my words killed, Free? In the meantime, how many brothers and sisters in Christ died around the world today because they refused to be cowed by an Islamist with a rifle or machete?

For a moderator, you certainly seem to have a warped sense of proportion when it comes to living by the TOS here. I don't appreciate the attacks on my character.

If you don't like my posts, delete them and ban me. But don't sit there in the comfort of your living room and lecture me about the gospel when Christians are dying every day for the faith while you mollycoddle those who tacitly approve of their deaths!

You may not like what I stand for, but at least I stand for something! What do you stand for???

And many left the Roman Catholic Church or the faith entirely because of it. Do you see that happening now? Do you see Christians bombing Mosques in places like Dearborn and New York? Of course not!

Measure Christianity of today by the same standard you measure Islam of today and even you would have to agree there's no comparison between the level of violence one sees in the former versus the latter.

What "gospel message", Free? The "I'm OK, you're OK, Barney Song" gospel that looks past the evil of an entire cult???

Or the one that holds a mirror up to Islamists to try to get them to see that they belong to a cult that is as dangerous to them as it is to others?

How many people have my words killed, Free? In the meantime, how many brothers and sisters in Christ died around the world today because they refused to be cowed by an Islamist with a rifle or machete?

For a moderator, you certainly seem to have a warped sense of proportion when it comes to living by the TOS here. I don't appreciate the attacks on my character.

If you don't like my posts, delete them and ban me. But don't sit there in the comfort of your living room and lecture me about the gospel when Christians are dying every day for the faith while you mollycoddle those who tacitly approve of their deaths!

You may not like what I stand for, but at least I stand for something! What do you stand for???

Here, here.

Erdoğan Invites Gülen to Return Home to Turkey

June 17, 2012 in Updates

By Joel Richardson, WND
In a stunning move, Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has called for Fethullah Gülen, the reclusive imam of arguably the most powerful Islamist movement in the world, to return home to Turkey from his self-imposed exile in rural Pennsylvania.

Erdoğan’s appeal to Gülen came after he received an award during the closing ceremony of the Turkish Olympics.
“We want this yearning to come to an end,†the prime minister said.
“We want to see those who are abroad and longing for the homeland to be among us. … Absence from home is loneliness. We have no tolerance for loneliness. We are saying that this absence from home [of Gülen] should end. To be honest, I understand that this is also what you all expect. So, let’s say the absence should be ended. As the child of an ancient civilization, I am extending my thanks to the ones who call on us and the entire world tonight in Turkish, the language of a rich culture. This is what I am saying, let’s put absence from home and longing for the homeland to one side.â€
erdogan_guleni_turkiyeye_davet_etti_h54869.jpg

Although Erdoğan did not use Gülen’s name, his comments were widely understood by the Turkish audience and media to refer to Fethullah Gülen. This invitation represents the first time that Erdoğan has ever publicly reached out to the man that many consider to be Erdoğan’s spiritual mentor and the most dangerous Islamist in the world.
But according to the Turkish media, Erdoğan’s comments “received a lengthy standing ovation from the huge crowd that had jam-packed the over 50,000-seat Türk Telekom Arena.â€
Others prominent Turkish leader’s joined in Erdoğan’s calls.
Bülent Arınç, a deputy prime minister, said,
“I am one of the many people in Turkey who know that Gülen misses his country. I hope it is finally time for him to return. … At least Gülen may visit Turkey from some time to time. We want him to return to his country after over 10 years and reunite with people who love him. I hope our prime minister’s wish [for Gülen to return to Turkey] will come true soon. We will be happy to see Gülen in Turkey.â€
Gülen’s response was almost immediate. With tear-filled eyes, Gülen praised both the rise of Islamism and the vibrant economy of Turkey, while indicating that for now, he may prefer to stay in the U.S.
“If [my return] halts positive developments in Turkey, [I prefer] staying here, if my lifespan allows, and I will not return not to damage my country, my nation and those [positive] things in my country,†Gülen said.
Gülen also added that he wishes to be buried in Turkey near his mother, a sign that he may not plan on staying in the U.S. indefinitely.
Fethullah Gülen is the highly controversial leader of a global Islamist movement, which oversees a vast network of over 1,000 schools in over 140 countries, with nearly 150 in the United States alone. While the schools’ official claims are that their goals are to merely help youth in poorer countries, a mountain of evidence has accrued over the years suggesting that their underlying secret agenda is the spread of Gülen’s unique brand of Turkish Islamism.
Read Joel Richardson’s “Mideast Beast: The Scriptural Case for an Islamic Antichrist,†from WND Books!
According to analysts, unlike the Islamism of al-Qaeda, the Turkish Islamism of Gülen, as well as his Islamist predecessor, Said Al-Nursi, uses a veneer of moderation along with the Western concepts of democracy, interfaith dialogue and tolerance as a cover while it works to achieve its goals of Turkish Islamic dominance and a return to the glories of the Ottoman Empire.
After fleeing to the United States in March of 1999, Gülen was put on trial and prosecuted in absentia for attempting to overthrow the Turkish government and Constitution. Turkish television broadcast footage of Gülen telling his followers to spread his Islamist ideas secretly in order to conquer the Turkish secular state from within. The footage was eminently damning.
Yet in 2008, after receiving 29 letters of support from prominent American political and educational figures, including Graham E. Fuller, the former Station Chief for the CIA in Afghanistan, former Undersecretary of State Marc Grossman and former Ambassador to Turkey Morton Abramowitz, Gülen won on appeal and was acquitted of all charges by the ruling Islamist AK party of Prime Minister Erdoğan.
Since that time, Gülen has remained in Pennsylvania, accruing numerous awards and endless accolades from American and other Western educational and religious entities.
Imam Gülen and his movement are also reported to be wildly wealthy. According to the testimony of Sibel Edmonds, a former FBI translator, the Gülen movement receives much of its funding directly from the CIA. According to Edmonds, for years, the U.S. has allowed the free-flow of money from the Afghanistan opium and heroin trade to reach the Gülenists. According to some accounts, Gülen is worth more than $25 billion.
According to investigative journalist Paul Williams, “This scenario serves to explain why U.S.-led coalition troops in Afghanistan are forbidden to firebomb the fields or fumigate the poppies with a chemical herbicide, such as glyphosate.â€
Gülen and his movement also own the Today’s Zaman, one of Turkey’s largest newspapers, as well as numerous television networks, banks, universities, construction and manufacturing companies throughout the country.
The Gülen movement has allegedly even used its vast fortunes and influence to virtually create the ruling Islamist AK Party and protect its continued successes in Turkey.
But despite the fact that Gülen has been filmed encouraging the spread of Islamism through deception, numerous American politicians, educators and universities vehemently defend him as a paragon of virtue, a modernist scholar dedicated only to peace, charity and tolerance.
According to Mustafa Yesil, a leading figure within the Gulen movement and chairman of the Journalists and Writers Foundation in Istanbul, the movement is “faith-based, pacifist, pluralist, colorful and pro-democratic.â€
Gülen was most recently honored with the EastWest Institute’s 2011 EWI Peace Building Award for his contribution to world peace. Such superlative awards and accolades are not uncommon for Gülen.
Critics of Gülen and his movement however, including Ahmet Sik, the Turkish author of the book “The Imam’s Army†(“Imamin Ordusuâ€), claim that the group has thoroughly infiltrated every arena of Turkish government, including the police force. Sik’s book was banned by Turkish prosecutors, and Sik was arrested and charged with involvement in a secret coup plot. After 13 months in jail, Sik was only recently released, with a trial still pending.
Sik’s case is far from unique. According to the Committee to Protect Journalists in New York, despite its claims to represent an open, free and democratic nation, Turkey now leads the world in the number of journalists in prison. While China has 27 journalists in prison, Iran has 42 and Turkey presently has 94.
For years, many secular Turks have claimed the Gülen movement has so infiltrated Turkish government that it effectively now represents a type of Islamist shadow government, whose spidery fingers reach into every arena of Turkish government. The present imprisonment of so many journalists opposed to the Gülen movement is but one example of the movement’s power.
There is also a mountain of evidence that the ruling Turkish government shares the Turkish nationalism and expansionist goals of Imam Gülen. Only a few weeks ago, Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu made the following grandiose statement:
We will manage the wave of change in the Middle East. Just as the ideal we have in our minds about Turkey, we have an ideal of a new Middle East. We will be the leader and the spokesperson of a new peaceful order, no matter what they say.
But despite the clear and present danger represented by Turkey’s ruling Islamist party, the Obama administration has openly pursued a partnership with Prime Minister Erdoğan.
At a fund raising event for the Obama reelection campaign, Vice President Joe Biden recently addressed a group of roughly 200 influential members of the Turkish-American community.
In speaking of the Obama administration’s view of Turkey’s reassertion of power in the region, Biden said,
“We’re looking for Turkish leadership in the rest of that entire region.â€
Biden continued to speak of what a wonderful “model†Turkey is for other Islamic nations: “It’s a model as to how you can have an Islamic population, an Islac state and a democracy, something the rest of the region is groping to figure out how to do.â€
And speaking of American cooperation with Turkey in the region, Biden said,
“There’s nothing we do that we don’t coordinate.â€

Seems you missed the point.

Stormcrow said:
Strawman. At the heart of the gospel is the love and forgiveness of Christ. We are called to the ministry of reconciliation:

2Co 5:18 All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation;
2Co 5:19 that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation.
2Co 5:20 Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God. (ESV)

We are to love our enemies:

Rom 12:14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them.
Rom 12:20 To the contrary, "if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head."
Rom 12:21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. (ESV)

1Pe 3:9 Do not repay evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary, bless, for to this you were called, that you may obtain a blessing.
1Pe 3:15 but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect,
1Pe 3:16 having a good conscience, so that, when you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ may be put to shame. (ESV)

I don't see any of the above in your posts; nothing that would want to convince a Muslim to look further into the message of the gospel and the person and work of Christ.

Stormcrow said:
That is not the gospel message, is it?

Stormcrow said:

See the above passages I gave and at least try and reconcile them with your position. If you believe you're a Christian and have been shown the love, forgiveness and grace of God, why not at least try and extend that to Muslims well?

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems you missed the point.

Strawman. At the heart of the gospel is the love and forgiveness of Christ. We are called to the ministry of reconciliation:

2Co 5:18 All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation;
2Co 5:19 that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation.
2Co 5:20 Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God. (ESV)

We are to love our enemies:

Rom 12:14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them.
Rom 12:20 To the contrary, "if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head."
Rom 12:21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. (ESV)

1Pe 3:9 Do not repay evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary, bless, for to this you were called, that you may obtain a blessing.
1Pe 3:15 but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect,
1Pe 3:16 having a good conscience, so that, when you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ may be put to shame. (ESV)

I don't see any of the above in your posts; nothing that would want to convince a Muslim to look further into the message of the gospel and the person and work of Christ.

That is not the gospel message, is it?

See the above passages I gave and at least try and reconcile them with your position. If you believe you're a Christian and have been shown the love, forgiveness and grace of God, why not at least try and extend that to Muslims well?

Free, what does Paul say of 2 Tim 4:14 Alexander the silversmith did me much harm, may the Lord repay him according to his works and render unto him according to his deed.
Islamist are going through this world right now with an agenda that is the seed of Satan, power and controlling of people....Its really a call for increased prayer, seeking God for intervention, but also for praying for protection of the body.
I myself am consitatly praying for confusion in the camp of the Islamists, because I have a firm conviction it is indeed the religion of THE anti Christ. Ps 35 says it nicely. Please wake up.

stormcrow.the us military what is its function in afghanistan? are we killing muslims or just the terrorists ones ie the taliban and al quaeda?

the us military what is its function in afghanistan? are we killing muslims or just the terrorists ones ie the taliban and al quaeda?
Terrorists, Jason, and those combatants and insurgents - regardless of their affiliations - that threaten our troops and innocents.

Not every Muslim is a terrorist, if that's the point you're trying to make. I actually have some Muslim friends.

But every single terrorist that got on those planes on 9-11 was Muslim, and as those towers were falling their barbarity was cheered on by many Muslims around the world.

Few, if any, were the voices raised in Islam against those who perpetrated such heinous acts. I don't hate Muslims. I hate Islam for the way it enslaves the souls of those brought under its curse, which is why I rail against it.

Some people apparently cannot grasp the difference.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Stormcrow

Individuals are. Nations aren't. A government's job is to protect innocent life, which is why it's given the power of the sword.

Is that why you allow Muslims to post here, Free? Do you really think they're here to learn the gospel of Christ from you??? They're here to defend what they believe and proselytize and you give them the space to spread their anti-Christ views so long, presumably, as they stay within the ToS. That's not reconciliation: it's appeasement.

But really, there's no point in discussing this with you further.

Terrorists, Jason, and those combatants and insurgents - regardless of their affiliations - that threaten our troops and innocents.

Not every Muslim is a terrorist, if that's the point you're trying to make. I actually have some Muslim friends.

But every single terrorist that got on those planes on 9-11 was Muslim, and as those towers were falling their barbarity was cheered on by many Muslims around the world.

Few, if any, were the voices raised in Islam against those who perpetrated such heinous acts. I don't hate Muslims. I hate Islam for the way it enslaves the souls of those brought under its curse, which is why I rail against it.

Some people apparently cannot grasp the difference.
i wanted to make sure, sadly that is the case. we have in essence made islam stronger in that we merely allowed them to vote their sharia law in where they couldnt have it in egypt and lybia as much. iraq they didnt have it as much ere we came in. i think it was unintended consquences. i dont like nation building missions.

Free, what does Paul say of 2 Tim 4:14 Alexander the silversmith did me much harm, may the Lord repay him according to his works and render unto him according to his deed.
Islamist are going through this world right now with an agenda that is the seed of Satan, power and controlling of people....Its really a call for increased prayer, seeking God for intervention, but also for praying for protection of the body.
I myself am consitatly praying for confusion in the camp of the Islamists, because I have a firm conviction it is indeed the religion of THE anti Christ. Ps 35 says it nicely. Please wake up.
I'm not sure how any of this addresses the point I was making. When we discuss the gospel with others, when we dialogue with those of other faiths, we are to do so with gentleness and respect; when we are persecuted we are to bless and not revile or curse or pay back evil for evil.

It is very much worth noting that 1 Pet 3 was written when the church was being persecuted and yet Peter says "Do not repay evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary, bless" and to provide reasons for their hope "with gentleness and respect." It is significant that he would charge them to do so during persecution.

My view is that Islam itself (while being ungodly) still deserves respect like anything/anyone else. Islam alone like the OP clarified is not responsible for all of this chaos. But rather when it is completely taken out of context into Radical Islam. Not all muslims say "Off with his head" when a man (or woman) stares a married woman down for more than 5 seconds. But, unfortunately a lot are like that! That is our enemy. The argument has been used that Christians are responsible for even worse genocide. In the past of christianity. When it was not used or understood correctly. Don't turn and use that on us now. We aren't them. Do not refer to the Dark ages as an engine for your battle on Christianity. Yes Radical Islam/Terrorist are a big problem.

I'm not sure how any of this addresses the point I was making. When we discuss the gospel with others, when we dialogue with those of other faiths, we are to do so with gentleness and respect; when we are persecuted we are to bless and not revile or curse or pay back evil for evil.

It is very much worth noting that 1 Pet 3 was written when the church was being persecuted and yet Peter says "Do not repay evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary, bless" and to provide reasons for their hope "with gentleness and respect." It is significant that he would charge them to do so during persecution.

Yes agree "free"we have ministry of reconciliation, but this is a christians site, and we are trying to get you to wake up, blunt assessments about the matter are required, we are called in this hour to be watchmen on the wall, to prayer for protection of our brothers and sisters in the Lord, many in parts of Africa and the middle east are being killed. I see nothing in Storms posts that is not factual, remember hitler, the normal Germans, not fascists before hitler took office did pretty much nothing to stop him and his assertion, we are in a very simular position now.
To gage where you are at, a question, when is the last time you prayed for those Christians in Egypt some od whom are loosing there lives through Islamists?

Yes agree "free"we have ministry of reconciliation, but this is a christians site, and we are trying to get you to wake up, blunt assessments about the matter are required, we are called in this hour to be watchmen on the wall, to prayer for protection of our brothers and sisters in the Lord, many in parts of Africa and the middle east are being killed. I see nothing in Storms posts that is not factual, remember hitler, the normal Germans, not fascists before hitler took office did pretty much nothing to stop him and his assertion, we are in a very simular position now.
To gage where you are at, a question, when is the last time you prayed for those Christians in Egypt some od whom are loosing there lives through Islamists?

When is the last time you prayed for those Muslims in Egypt some of whom are losing there lives through Islamists?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back