Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] Isn't it funny.....

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
P

Pale^Rider**

....how for centuries, people have tried to use science in an attempt to contradict Christianity and Bible prophecy? Isn't it funny how these "scientists" and/or "modern-day thinkers", that once they really understand a particular topic, that they ultimately (sometimes 100's of years later) realized, "Hey, the Bible was right all along!" and It must have been a "supernatural hand that guided the writers of this Book"?

My point: (starting slowly and toward the beginning for the unbelievers)
Genesis 2:7, "And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground , and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and man became a living soul." Now, we in this scientific "thinking man's world" wouldn't possibly believe in the writer of Genesis would we? I mean it was written in what 1000 B.C., how could they have known the scientific makeup of clay....or of the human body for that matter? Read on.....Scientists at NASA's Ames Research Center (as quoted by a Reader's Digest article entitled How Life On Earth Began ) that the ingredients needed to form a human being can be found in clay. "The Biblical scenario for the creation of life turns out to be not far off the mark."
No, I would say, it's right on it! Scientists have laughed at the possibility of Genesis having any scientific credibility whatsoever....laughed as in thought it absurd.....and yet, the more we learn (100's and 1000's of years later), the more we find The Bible to be scientifically correct!!

I'll add more later....but,
How could someone choose to not believe? Why even take a chance with your soul and eternity? Why take the chance? Jesus forgives!!!!

And do you also notice that when an atheist sees the truth contained in the Bible, or when one is presented evidence that God exists, or when a Biblical place is comfirmed to have been real, etc, that they get so.....aggresive? Then it is resorting to creating contradictions to try to relax themselves.

But not just them, lots of people don't like it. I think many who might think of themselves as christians, or at least theist.

But yes, it's funny in that odd kind of way.

Pale Rider..How could someone choose to not believe? Why even take a chance with your soul and eternity? Why take the chance? Jesus forgives!!!!
I've thought about this alot.. No one can come to the Father, unless he is called. We just try to reach those that God is calling. I think it has to due with fear of losing their ablility to have a choice. But if they would stop and listen, they might hear, and give that selfwill up, and be saved by His grace..

Definitely to both of you........read this also:
(I just get so tickled by this sort of thing and these "scientists" and "educated thinkers")
Ecclesiastes 1:7, "All the rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full; unto the place from whence the rivers come, thither they return again." How did the writer of Ecclesiastes know the water cycle of condensation and evaporation? This wasn't known until 1630 when Galileo found.....that the sun evaporates water from the ocean, water vapor rises and becomes clouds, this water in the clouds falls back to earth as rain, collects in rivers, and makes its way back to the ocean.
Now Ecclesiastes was written in 1000B.C......2500 years earlier....how is it they knew?! Listen closely..... because the Bible says so!!!....and It's writing was guided along by a supernatural Hand...... that..... knows..... everything!!

I just love this stuff :)

Darck Marck said:
And do you also notice that when an atheist sees the truth contained in the Bible, or when one is presented evidence that God exists, or when a Biblical place is comfirmed to have been real, etc, that they get so.....aggresive? Then it is resorting to creating contradictions to try to relax themselves.

But not just them, lots of people don't like it. I think many who might think of themselves as christians, or at least theist.

But yes, it's funny in that odd kind of way.

....or when presented with scientific proof, their form of warfare, they're no where to be found.....yes, funny in that odd sort of way :-?

More to laugh about......

Leviticus 15:13, "And when he that hath an issue is cleansed of his issue; then he shall number to himself seven days for his cleansing, and wash his clothes, and bathe his flesh in RUNNING WATER." God said to wash the infected flesh in RUNNING WATER. Science didn't discover that until two men named Pasteur and Koch in the late 1800s. Doctors were washing their hands in a bowl of water and spreading the germs like wild fire. It wasn't until the invention of the microscope and the science of bacteriology that doctors started washing under RUNNING WATER. Leviticus was written around 1490 B.C. SCIENCE WAS ABOUT 3000 YEARS BEHIND! Isn't it embarrassing how science always lags about 2000 years behind that awesome and God-led Book!

All one needs to know is found in that awesome Book....

Why take a chance with eternity?

Pale^Rider** said:
....how for centuries, people have tried to use science in an attempt to contradict Christianity and Bible prophecy? Isn't it funny how these "scientists" and/or "modern-day thinkers", that once they really understand a particular topic, that they ultimately (sometimes 100's of years later) realized, "Hey, the Bible was right all along!" and It must have been a "supernatural hand that guided the writers of this Book"?

My point: (starting slowly and toward the beginning for the unbelievers)
Genesis 2:7, "And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground , and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and man became a living soul." Now, we in this scientific "thinking man's world" wouldn't possibly believe in the writer of Genesis would we? I mean it was written in what 1000 B.C., how could they have known the scientific makeup of clay....or of the human body for that matter? Read on.....Scientists at NASA's Ames Research Center (as quoted by a Reader's Digest article entitled How Life On Earth Began ) that the ingredients needed to form a human being can be found in clay. "The Biblical scenario for the creation of life turns out to be not far off the mark."
No, I would say, it's right on it! Scientists have laughed at the possibility of Genesis having any scientific credibility whatsoever....laughed as in thought it absurd.....and yet, the more we learn (100's and 1000's of years later), the more we find The Bible to be scientifically correct!!

How could someone choose to not believe? Why even take a chance with your soul and eternity? Why take the chance? Jesus forgives!!!!
Your kidding right? You call that confirmation for God? First of all dust and clay are not the same. You choose to ignore what the bible says and insert your own beliefs. Try blowing clay off the table with your breath. Of course clay has all the ingredients for man to be formed. Clay has all the ingredients for all living things to be formed. This is evolution. What will you say when the same ingredients are found on another planet? That we are ET'S?

Re: More to laugh about......

Pale^Rider** said:
Isn't it embarrassing how science always lags about 2000 years behind that awesome and God-led Book!

Did you just forget to include the errors in the bible in regards to it referencing a flat earth or was that intentional. How about the one about the sun revolving around the earth. Surly if the bible is a scientific manual it should have gotten this one right.
Ecclesiastes
1:5,
"The sun also ariseth, and the sun goeth down, and hasteth to his
place where he arose."
As to claiming the bible is correct the fact is some things are correct and some things are not. That is why we have science.
Here try this one for biblical scientific accuracy.

http://www.fred.net/tds/blaylock/webcopy/hmp28.html

Rez--your arguments should be reserved for the "Christianity and Evolution" thread!

evanman said:
Rez--your arguments should be reserved for the "Christianity and Evolution" thread!
Did you bother to read the original thread? I believe it discussed mans origins and how science supposedly validates the bible. If you have problem with where this subject is move it and discuss it with the original poster as I am only responding to the subject itself.

Pale^Rider** said:
Scientists at NASA's Ames Research Center (as quoted by a Reader's Digest article entitled How Life On Earth Began ) that the ingredients needed to form a human being can be found in clay. "The Biblical scenario for the creation of life turns out to be not far off the mark."

I'd just like to add that this isn't even a theory. I find it interesting that you used Readers Digest (clearly the highest echelon of scientific journalism out there).

What's even more interesting is that you crow like the cock of the walk when science agrees with certain subjectively interpreted passages, yet when science disagrees, you mock science. If your basis for corroboration of the bible comes from science, why aren't you a little less critical of science?

Re: More to laugh about......

Pale^Rider** said:
Leviticus 15:13, "And when he that hath an issue is cleansed of his issue; then he shall number to himself seven days for his cleansing, and wash his clothes, and bathe his flesh in RUNNING WATER." God said to wash the infected flesh in RUNNING WATER. Science didn't discover that until two men named Pasteur and Koch in the late 1800s. Doctors were washing their hands in a bowl of water and spreading the germs like wild fire. It wasn't until the invention of the microscope and the science of bacteriology that doctors started washing under RUNNING WATER. Leviticus was written around 1490 B.C. SCIENCE WAS ABOUT 3000 YEARS BEHIND! Isn't it embarrassing how science always lags about 2000 years behind that awesome and God-led Book!

Let's examine this highly erroneous paragraph.

"Leviticus 15:13, "And when he that hath an issue is cleansed of his issue; then he shall number to himself seven days for his cleansing, and wash his clothes, and bathe his flesh in RUNNING WATER."

First, let's look at the word "issue" being used. While the word issue is used, contextually there are 2 different Hebrew words being used. The first issue, zûb, is meant to convey something flowing freely, as in water, or sexual flux. "Leviticus 15:2 "when any man hath a running issue...." The second issue, zôb, is used either as seminal or menstrual flux. "Leviticus 15:3 "whether his flesh run with his issue...."

Secondly, let's also look at the uncleanliness. The Hebrew word for that is ṭâmê', which means "foul in a religious sense". So the Hebrews aren't even talkin about germs, or hygiene. They aren't talking about infected flesh, or about wounds.

Pale^Rider** said:
Ecclesiastes 1:7, "All the rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full; unto the place from whence the rivers come, thither they return again." How did the writer of Ecclesiastes know the water cycle of condensation and evaporation? This wasn't known until 1630 when Galileo found.....that the sun evaporates water from the ocean, water vapor rises and becomes clouds, this water in the clouds falls back to earth as rain, collects in rivers, and makes its way back to the ocean.
Now Ecclesiastes was written in 1000B.C......2500 years earlier....how is it they knew?! Listen closely..... because the Bible says so!!!....and It's writing was guided along by a supernatural Hand...... that..... knows..... everything!!

I just love this stuff :)

Wow, you got all that from just one sentence?? That's amazing!!

Hmmm...let's look at some amazing scientific facts.

Apparently (according to Leviticus 11:20-24) birds have four feet, and so do insects.

20 All fowls that creep, going upon all four, shall be an abomination unto you.
21 Yet these may ye eat of every flying creeping thing that goeth upon all four, which have legs above their feet, to leap withal upon the earth;
22 Even these of them ye may eat; the locust after his kind, and the bald locust after his kind, and the beetle after his kind, and the grasshopper after his kind.
23 But all other flying creeping things, which have four feet, shall be an abomination unto you.

The purpose of science has not been to contradict the bible. It is to create an objective model that explains how the universe works, how everything in the universe works, and how the universe came to be in the first place. The fact that the Bible contradicts objective reality is a problem for the Bible and its proponents, not for objective reality.

Syntax Vorlon said:
The fact that the Bible contradicts objective reality is a problem for the Bible and its proponents, not for objective reality.

What "realities" does it contradict? Often science has supported the Bible.

Brutus/HisCatalyst said:
[quote="Syntax Vorlon":ba8f9] The fact that the Bible contradicts objective reality is a problem for the Bible and its proponents, not for objective reality.

What "realities" does it contradict? Often science has supported the Bible.[/quote:ba8f9]

Yea, those issues are surely "concrete" and "solid" supporting facts in the bible...just like the ones posted by pale_rider...

Well, I'm trying to see where Vorlon is coming from. I'm curious to see if any of you can provide me with an example to these "contradictory realities."

Brutus/HisCatalyst said:
Well, I'm trying to see where Vorlon is coming from. I'm curious to see if any of you can provide me with an example to these "contradictory realities."

I did, look at my previous posts in this thread.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back