Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Israeli Institute Prepares Priests for Jerusalem's Third Temple

Will this Third Temple be built ?

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
1 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. 5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time... 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie.

so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God...and for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie.

Those that build the Temple, will do so for the purpose of sacrificing animals for sin.

The lie is: Jesus was not the Messiah, the lamb of God who takes away sin. Thats the lie.

Those of the religion of Judaism, reject Jesus as Messiah and want a new temple.

The context is clear, those associated with the building of the Temple of God, are the ones whom God is send the strong delusion.

Once the false Messiah starts to do the lying signs and wonders, they will be convinced that he is their awaited messiah.

JLB
So warning people about this Temple, and what the scriptures says is "building a box"?

Just because a person thinks the Temple will be built, does not mean this Temple is of God.

JLB
NO expecting some one to check a little box is building the box....

Just because a person thinks the Temple will be built, does not mean this Temple is of God.
So what about the first line you 'bolded' in the above post?

Last edited:
Without this Temple, the prophecies pertaining to the Antichrist cannot be fulfilled. He will "hijack" the Temple and shut down its sacrifices, and then set up the Abomination of Desolation spoken of by Daniel the prophet.
These are the only Scriptures of antichrist...

1Jn 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
1Jn 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.
1Jn 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1Jn 2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

1Jn 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
1Jn 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
2Jn 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
2Jn 1:8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.
2Jn 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
2Jn 1:10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

1Jn 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
1Jn 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.
1Jn 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1Jn 2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

1Jn 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
1Jn 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
2Jn 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
2Jn 1:8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.
2Jn 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
2Jn 1:10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
Where are all the Scriptures from Revelation about the Antichrist?

Seek ye first the kingdom of God.

For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Return to your first love. Seek after the knowledge of Christ, and the image of Christ will be formed in you.

Seek after the knowledge of anti-christ, then you become the image of anti-christ.

Considering I had family who went through the shoah I'm not sure how to address this, ignorance. Who's army runs on the walls?

Jacob is a diaspora term, for Israel when they are scattered.

They are now in the promises land.

5 "For thus says the Lord: 'We have heard a voice of trembling, Of fear, and not of peace. 6 Ask now, and see, Whether a man is ever in labor with child? So why do I see every man with his hands on his loins Like a woman in labor, And all faces turned pale?

Describing the gas chambers.

7 Alas! For that day is great, So that none is like it; And it is the time of Jacob's trouble, But he shall be saved out of it. 8 'For it shall come to pass in that day,' Says the Lord of hosts, 'That I will break his yoke from your neck, And will burst your bonds; Foreigners shall no more enslave them.

... his yoke is a reference to one man - Hitler.

Not saying that all of Jeremiah 30 and the fullness has come to pass, only that the time of Jacobs Trouble was the Holocaust.

JLB

Without this Temple, the prophecies pertaining to the Antichrist cannot be fulfilled. He will "hijack" the Temple and shut down its sacrifices, and then set up the Abomination of Desolation spoken of by Daniel the prophet.

The Temple is also the place that God will send them strong delusion.

JLB

Where are all the Scriptures from Revelation about the Antichrist?

"The Antichrist" is only one of the names and titles of this Wicked One (and this is commonly understood by all). See Daniel, 2 Thessalonians and Revelation for his other designations. He is also shown as a "type" in many Scriptures.

"The Antichrist" is only one of the names and titles of this Wicked One (and this is commonly understood by all). See Daniel, 2 Thessalonians and Revelation for his other designations. He is also shown as a "type" in many Scriptures.
As i said any more is our idea of what the Scriptures say... Very simple ,very direct and literally ... these are the only scriptures mentioning antichrist...

Also i dont read any of them speaking of one guy...

Yes i have read The Revelation.... Just plain read the whole thing.. read parts, read chapters etc the way most of us read Scripture.
What i think of it is hard to answer... To answer that one could write a book :)
To keep it short .. I think it is The Revealing of Jesus the Christ.... Which is what it states in the beginning Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ,...
Christ the King
Christ the Warrior
Christ the Lamb
Christ the Redeemer
ETC

1 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. 5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time... 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie.

so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God...and for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie.

That's not what it says. The elipses you added completely changes the meaning. You leave out an entire 5 verses. What it actually says is "because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. Therefore God sends them a strong delusion". The delusion comes because the people refuse to believe the truth and be saved. That applies to many others besides Jews.

Those that build the Temple, will do so for the purpose of sacrificing animals for sin.
The lie is: Jesus was not the Messiah, the lamb of God who takes away sin. Thats the lie.

That's a lie that's believed by most people in the world, including not only Jews, but also Hindus, Budhists, Muslims, Animists, Atheists, Agnostics and many others.

Once the false Messiah starts to do the lying signs and wonders, they will be convinced that he is their awaited messiah.

And many Christians will believe that Jesus has returned. I don't see why you want to limit the delusion to Jews.

The TOG​

I don't see why you want to limit the delusion to Jews.
That is correct. That strong delusion is a worldwide phenomenon which is confirmed in the book of Revelation. We need to be careful to compare Scripture with Scripture, otherwise our own thoughts could become delusional.

Last edited:
Also i dont read any of them speaking of one guy...
Reba,
Please study Daniel in conjunction with 2 Thessalonians and Revelation to understand that this person is indeed "one guy", who is Satan-possessed, and the greatest blasphemer in history.

And John does tells us in 1 Jn 2:18 "...and as ye have heard THAT ANTICHRIST SHALL COME, even now there are many antichrists..." Here John is clearly telling us that there is "one guy" who is "The Antichrist", but he is being preceded by many antichrists (who are not even close to who this man will be). But he will surely come, because John confirms it.

You seem to have missed the significance of what John stated. Antichrist also has many other names and titles, therefore to claim that we don't see "Antichrist" everywhere in Scripture is to miss the point. Christ is also called by a multitude of names and titles also. That does not detract from Him.

The TOG said -

That's a lie that's believed by most people in the world, including not only Jews, but also Hindus, Budhists, Muslims, Animists, Atheists, Agnostics and many others.

The Hindus, Buddhists, Muslims, Animists, Atheists, Agnostics and many others, are not native to the land of Israel, and privy to the scriptures and covenants of God, nor are they building a Temple so their Messiah will come.

The strong delusion come from the false messiah from the Temple, and is sent to those people from God.

Jesus warned His followers to flee Jerusalem when we see the Abomination of Desolation.

15 "Therefore when you see the 'abomination of desolation,' spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place" (whoever reads, let him understand), 16 then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17 Let him who is on the housetop not go down to take anything out of his house. 18 And let him who is in the field not go back to get his clothes. 19 But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! 20 And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath. 21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be.
Matthew 24:15-21

Do those who practice Judaism warn you to flee Jerusalem when this occurs?

JLB

That is correct. That strong delusion is a worldwide phenomenon which is confirmed in the book of Revelation. We need to be careful to compare Scripture with Scripture, otherwise our own thoughts could become delusional.

Of course it's a world wide phenomenon, but it begins in Jerusalem and comes from the antichrist who goes to the Temple to proclaim himself as God [messiah].

Judaism is the "movement" behind building this Temple.

Judaism is the antichrist religion that murdered the Christ, and persecutes the Church.

For you have heard of my former conduct in Judaism, how I persecuted the church of God beyond measure and tried to destroy it. 14 And I advanced in Judaism beyond many of my contemporaries in my own nation, being more exceedingly zealous for the traditions of my fathers. Galatians 1:13-14

• Judaism is a mixture of the law of Moses and the traditions of men, that make the word of God of no effect.
  • The law of Moses is not antichrist, the religion of Judaism that men turned the pure law of Moses into, is.

For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. 2 John 1:7

and again -

Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son. 1 John 2:22

People of different religions don't understand what Messiah means, and if you ask them: was Jesus the Messiah? They will answer either - I don't know or Yes, not knowing exactly what that means.

The exception is Judaism: They blatantly deny Jesus as being the Messiah, because He doesn't fit their qualifications.

These will build of the Third Temple.

JLB

The Hindus, Buddhists, Muslims, Animists, Atheists, Agnostics and many others, are not native to the land of Israel, and privy to the scriptures and covenants of God, nor are they building a Temple so their Messiah will come.

JLB,
Like I said, we need to compare Scripture with Scripture. So here are the Scriptures that tell us that the strong delusion will be worldwide (Rev 13:7,8,12,14):
7And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
8And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
12And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
14And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

The Scriptures above pertain to the Antichrist. Nothing could be clearer, yet you continue to insist that this is not so. We should be prepared to adjust our views when we see Scripture.

Reba,
Please study Daniel in conjunction with 2 Thessalonians and Revelation to understand that this person is indeed "one guy", who is Satan-possessed, and the greatest blasphemer in history.

And John does tells us in 1 Jn 2:18 "...and as ye have heard THAT ANTICHRIST SHALL COME, even now there are many antichrists..." Here John is clearly telling us that there is "one guy" who is "The Antichrist", but he is being preceded by many antichrists (who are not even close to who this man will be). But he will surely come, because John confirms it.

You seem to have missed the significance of what John stated. Antichrist also has many other names and titles, therefore to claim that we don't see "Antichrist" everywhere in Scripture is to miss the point. Christ is also called by a multitude of names and titles also. That does not detract from Him.

Malachi , about 30 years of my adult life i believed just about as you do.... , because we dont see things the same way... please dont assume i need to study as if i havent ...I believe you have studied the Word... we have just come to different conclusions ....

We disagree on the understanding of what John has penned... IMO John give a clear definition of what antichrist is ... those who do not believe The Christ came in the flesh...

The anti-Christ is an evil spirit - 1 John 4:3

There are many anti-Christ spirits - 1 John 2:18

In N.T. understanding the 'temple' is our body
- 1 Cor. 6:19

The body dies because of sin, which is of the devil.
(Romans 8:10, 1 John 3:8)

Christians might even get around to seeing these facts personally, which could be a real SIGN OF THEE END.

1 Corinthians 3:17
If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Looking at what non-Christian Jews in Jerusalem might do is a waste of time.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back