Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Israelis demand Third Temple

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
As for the building of the third Temple, the Bible says it will be built, and it WILL be built.
Brother Mike S, do you have scripture for that? Even in the New Jerusalem we read in Rev 21:22, And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. Thanks

As for the building of the third Temple, the Bible says it will be built, and it WILL be built. I leave it to God to guide the building of the Temple according to His will. God is in control.

I respectfully disagree, would you be able to share where in the bible it says a third temple will be built?

Brother Mike S, do you have scripture for that? Even in the New Jerusalem we read in Rev 21:22, And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. Thanks

And in Revelation it tells John to measure the temple, and, the gentiles will tread the city.

The second temple was still standing when revelation was written.

Last edited:
I think it will be built and that mankind is dumb enough to begin sacrificing again. Think about it, they do the stupidest things imaginable, and that's about the stupidest thing they could do.

I think scripture implies it because t says the AC will go into it and proclaim itself god. I know that some claim that we're the temple of the Lord now, and we are, but not the unsaved non-believers.

I dont think many people in Israel care about a temple. The times have changed. Modern Israel is not there for religious reasons.

And how can a temple be built without half the nessesary things. Isn't there suppose to be the ark of the covenant and all that stuff for the temple to be ligit?. And there is no levite.

Last edited:
I dont think many people in Israel care about a temple. The times have changed. Modern Israel is not there for religious reasons.

And how can a temple be built without half the nessesary things. Isn't there suppose to be the ark of the covenant and all that stuff for the temple to be ligit?. And there is no levite.

There are religious segments in Israel for whom the rebuilding of the Temple is everything.

I think it will be built and that mankind is dumb enough to begin sacrificing again. Think about it, they do the stupidest things imaginable, and that's about the stupidest thing they could do.

I think scripture implies it because t says the AC will go into it and proclaim itself god. I know that some claim that we're the temple of the Lord now, and we are, but not the unsaved non-believers.

I agree, the Third Temple is implicit in some scriptures. For example, 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4
3 Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction,
4 who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God.

If they're going to build a third temple over there, then it seems to me that something is going to have to happen to the dome of the rock. That's on the temple site as I understand it. Do you think that it's a good bet that it's going to be destroyed somehow?

It very well could be destroyed, however there is some who claim the original Temple mount may possibly be in a different area than previously thought, in which the Dome of the Rock would be outside of the Temple area.

Here's what we know about the Temple from the scriptures.

15 “Therefore when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place” (whoever reads, let him understand), 16 “then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. Matthew 24:15-16

Jesus referred to Daniel -

“And after the sixty-two weeks
Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself;
And the people of the prince who is to come
Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary.
The end of it shall be with a flood,
And till the end of the war desolations are determined.

27 Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week;
But in the middle of the week
He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering.
And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate,
Even until the consummation, which is determined,
Is poured out on the desolate.”
Daniel 9:26-27

Key Verses:

• Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week;
  • He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering.
  • And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate,

If we understand how things were accomplished during the first 69 weeks, then we can understand how that a covenant from the prince or ruler who is to come, will pave the way for this temple, even in perilous times with such an explosive situation between the Jews and the Arabs, over this highly contested piece of real estate.

The "he" in verse 27 is someone of world wide authority, whose power and authority in uncontested by anyone, just as those in the seat of world power are the ones who started the prophetic clock ticking, and stopped it, and caused it to start again until Messiah the Prince.

This is why the 70 weeks is broken up into 3 different time periods, because the authority to start and stop the 70 week time frame rested in the hands of world rulers, that the Lord allowed, as well as events the Lord fulfilled.

Can we discuss this?

JLB

Even in the New Jerusalem we read in Rev 21:22, And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.
in Revelation it tells John to measure the temple, and, the gentiles will tread the city. The second temple was still standing when revelation was written.
Good example Brother kiwidan, and I too believe there will be another temple built, but I do not think anything of the Jew's national sacrificing will be holy. As I paste below, I think it has to do with comparing the true and the false. As to the temple standing when the book of Revelation was written, the date I have is that it was written in 96 AD, whereas the temple that was in John's time was destroyed by Rome in 70 AD. John had been caught forward to the viewpoint of the Lord's Day (Rev 1:10).

The following excerpt is from a study of Revelation presented by Gene Hawkins I transcribed from CD's.

"Revelation 11:1. "And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein." A rod or a staff and an Angel, and this is the same angel we have been talking about; it is the Angel Christ and He is still operating under that same authority we have seen there in Chapter Ten and He stood saying "Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein." Now this once again is going to give us a little indication of Who He is talking about, because He is talking here about the true worshippers. He is talking about the true Israel of God and you will notice, "Rise, and measure the temple of God." What we must understand is that the Jews will still have a certain freedom to worship in the temple during the first half of the week, or three and one half years of the tribulation, but now in the middle of the week as we have seen in Daniel and as we're also going to see later on here, the antichrist is going to set up his image, and that means that all religious worship is going to cease, and all worship is going to be directed toward the antichrist.

And after that the antichrist is going to set up his image, and it is called the abomination of desolation; you'll find that in Matthew 24:15. "When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)." Daniel 9:27 again reads this way; "And he (The antichrist) shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease" and so up until that time the Jews are permitted to worship. Now you'll notice that John is instructed to measure the temple of God, and now this is symbolic you see because he is not actually measuring the temple for a revelation or something like that, He is talking about measuring the true temple of God by the word of God. We know that even today we are being measured by the scriptures of God's word and things will not change at all in that day. So when John is told to measure the temple, it is actually symbolic of the ministry of the two witnesses that are going to begin here in Revelation 11:3 because that's exactly what they are going to be doing; they are going to be measuring so they can actually put a difference. God will bring a specific difference between the true and the false, and of course these two witnesses as we're going to get into here shortly have a ministry of judgment. So this measuring line, this measuring reed, or this staff is symbolic of the word of God, and that is what they're going to be doing is measuring people by the authority, and the measure of God' sword. It will be a measure of the true believers here at this time.

Revelation 11:2. "But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months." Now this court without the temple means there are those here that are going to be present, but they are not a part of God's true temple, and so the court that is without the temple leave out and measure it not and they are not actually measured here. God is measuring only those who are believers and notice this; "For it (That is this court) is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months." Now when it speaks of this forty and two months here we are talking about the last half of the tribulation which is under the authority, and under the rule, and under the reign of the antichrist.

So in the first three and one half years these Jews are given liberty to worship and they are being measured by the word of God during that time. Once we reach the middle of the week then there is a decided change and then He says you don't measure this court because this is now given unto the Gentiles. Well it means the ruler of the Gentiles at that time which will be the antichrist, and make note of the time because it is forty-two months. Now forty-two months is exactly the same as three and one half years, or twelve hundred and sixty days. I bring these days out because as I've said before, when God deals with the Jews, He deals in exact times and exact days. When He deals with the Gentiles it is figurative or symbolic, but we now have switched back to genuine Jewish times because Jesus has been enthroned and therefore we are in the times of the Jew; not the times of the Gentile. Therefore these days are exactly specific as we're going to see here in just a moment.

Revelation 11:3. "And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth" Now then, notice in this verse; "I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy." 1 Corinthians 14:3 tells us, "But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort" and that is what the two witnesses are going to be doing from the time they begin their ministry. We're going to see here in just a moment that their ministry begins when the covenant with the antichrist is signed and that is the same covenant we read of in Daniel 9:27 and when that is signed, that is the signal for the beginning of the ministry of these two witnesses. During that time they will be giving a message of edification; that is to give out the word of God so people will grow up unto Christ in all things to edify them.

They will be exhorting them and they will be comforting them because the three of them; edification, and exhortation, and comfort are going to be very much needed in that time of very severe devastation and destruction. Yes they have been given liberty to worship in their temple but things are really going to be in a bad way for the Jews who are trying to do that and eventually it will come as we'll see here in just a little while where that liberty is going to be cut off and there will be nothing but persecution facing those who dare to stand up for Christ.

Now notice, "I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days." Twelve hundred and sixty days, and it means from the very day that the covenant with the antichrist is signed in Daniel 9:27 to the middle of the week; this is how long their ministry lasts and this is the first twelve hundred and sixty days of the tribulation period. Now we see these referred to as two witnesses, but will there be two men, or will there be two groups and there is no definitive answer on that. If they are two groups I'm sure they will be led by two men, but I'm really prone to believe there are simply two men. That's my opinion and with the media that we have today; radio, television, computer, and all of this I'm confident they could get their message out around the world, especially speaking to the Jewish community. Be that as it may, there are two of them and there is reason for that because two is the minimum number of witness in the scripture. John 8:17. "It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true." So that is a staple throughout the law is that there had to be a minimum of two witnesses, and so God has it here. And these are undoubtedly the two other men that Daniel saw in Daniel 12:5 and that verse says. "Then I Daniel looked, and, behold, there stood other two, the one on this side of the bank of the river, and the other on that side of the bank of the river." So these have to refer to that same ministry of these two witnesses, and we're dealing exactly with the same time period at this time.

Good example Brother kiwidan, and I too believe there will be another temple built, but I do not think anything of the Jew's national sacrificing will be holy.

Yes sir!

These have rejected the Messiah, Jesus Christ, and hope to have their messiah come to the Temple.

The frightening thing is, God Himself is the one sending them strong delusion, so that they will believe the lie.

9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness. 2 Thessalonians 2:9-12

• God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie

JLB

The ark of the covenant has been found and it's not going to be revealed to the masses for viewing and stuff until after the mark is announced. There was an archaeologist named Ron Wyatt which found it, and the story of it is all over youtube. I can give you a brief summation of how it went. He (Ron) was in Israel doing a dig on something or other and it was late in the day and he was walking back to (wherever) with, I think Israels head of archaeology or something and Ron suddenly said that's Jerimiahs grotto and that's where the ark of the covenant is hidden and pointed...the other man man what did you say? and Ron said I didn't mean to say that, it just came out of me. So plans were made to come back and dig for it. He eventually dug it out and told them all about it, and they sent 6 men to go retrieve it, and they all died. Ron went back in there and found the ark had been removed from the stone box with cracked lid, and set up, along with the other furniture (table of showbread and so forth) and the cave had been swept out and cleaned up. An Angel was in there and IIRC, told him that the ark will stay there until the appointed time to reveal it openly to the world.

There is a lot of very interesting details I've not mentioned but are very cool to read about. So it's just not the right time to bring it out yet but you should go youtube and watch the vids for yourself.

You mean in the thread or a private discussion betwixt me and you?
Sure, either way Brother! :yes

No, in this thread.

• then we can understand how that a covenant from the prince or ruler who is to come, will pave the way for this temple

If we understand how things were accomplished during the first 69 weeks, then we can understand how that a covenant from the prince or ruler who is to come, will pave the way for this temple, even in perilous times with such an explosive situation between the Jews and the Arabs, over this highly contested piece of real estate.

The "he" in verse 27 is someone of world wide authority, whose power and authority in uncontested by anyone, just as those in the seat of world power are the ones who started the prophetic clock ticking, and stopped it, and caused it to start again until Messiah the Prince.

This is why the 70 weeks is broken up into 3 different time periods, because the authority to start and stop the 70 week time frame rested in the hands of world rulers, that the Lord allowed, as well as events the Lord fulfilled.

The temple will surely be built regardless of the Dome of the Rock or not.

It very well could be that the DOTR will remain, and be in the "outer court" area.

Then I was given a reed like a measuring rod. And the angel stood, saying, “Rise and measure the temple of God, the altar, and those who worship there. But leave out the court which is outside the temple, and do not measure it, for it has been given to the Gentiles. And they will tread the holy city underfoot for forty-two months. Revelation 11:1-2

• leave out the court which is outside the temple, and do not measure it, for it has been given to the Gentiles

This could very well satisfy both Jew and Muslim, from a "world ruler" who claims to be the God of the Jews, the Christians and the Muslims.

Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4

• so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

JLB

some one tell me the reason these verses do not apply :)

Jos 21:43 And the LORD gave unto Israel all the land which he sware to give unto their fathers; and they possessed it, and dwelt therein.
Jos 21:44 And the LORD gave them rest round about, according to all that he sware unto their fathers: and there stood not a man of all their enemies before them; the LORD delivered all their enemies into their hand.
Jos 21:45 There failed not ought of any good thing which the LORD had spoken unto the house of Israel; all came to pass.

Jos 21:43 And the LORD gave unto Israel all the land which he sware to give unto their fathers; and they possessed it, and dwelt therein.
Jos 21:44 And the LORD gave them rest round about, according to all that he sware unto their fathers: and there stood not a man of all their enemies before them; the LORD delivered all their enemies into their hand.
Jos 21:45 There failed not ought of any good thing which the LORD had spoken unto the house of Israel; all came to pass.
Maybe you're in the wrong thread of "Israelis demand Third Temple?" The scripture you quoted in Jos 21:45 says "all came to pass." Context??? :)
The scripture you quoted

Apply to what?

JLB

God honoring His promises
Which one concerning Israel building another temple in the end time? Again, in the New Jerusalem there is no temple according to Rev 21:22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. When we read of the Abomination of Desolation standing in the Holy Place, it is not speaking of a temple, but of him sitting and receiving adoration as God maybe much like Nebuchadnezzar attempted in Dan 3:7. Therefore at that time, when all the people heard the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, and all kinds of musick, all the people, the nations, and the languages, fell down and worshipped the golden image that Nebuchadnezzar the king had set up.
In Nebuchadnezzar's time those not worshiping were thrown into a fiery furnace, but with the man of sin such unbelief will be met with beheading. :shrug

Back