Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

It's ALL About His Work Through Us

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

hldude

YouTube Channel Video Devo

“It’s ALL About His Work Through Us”
Ephesians 3:20-21 NIV
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

This passage is the benediction that we end with at church each and every Sunday morning. The past few weeks as I’ve thought more about this passage, one phrase really sticks out to me. “according to his power that is at work within us.”

So much of our daily lives get focused on things that we can do and what we can accomplish. We often get so busy doing our daily routines that we often forget God gives us the ability to do what we are able to do. Each day we awake, every single thing we are able to do is because God has given us another day with the abilities to do what we are doing. Every single little thing we have the ability to do, He gives us that ability. We so often forget this.

When I think about the work God has called us to as we serve Him, it can easily become about what cool things we can do for Him. In reality, it’s absolutely never ever about us. It never has been and never will be. We have to understand this and realize that life is never about us and never will be. It is ALWAYS and will always be about what God does first and foremost. It is about Him choosing us and working in and through us with a willing heart to accomplish what He wants us to do.

As I drive to church many Sunday mornings early to practice for the praise team, I think of the ability God has given me to play drums. I ask God to humble me and help me focus on helping lead people into worship. As much as I like to play drums, I need to be reminded it’s never ever about me. It’s about Him and how He uses me and the rest of the team to play, sing and lead the church in a very worshipful experience. When you’re up front on stage, it can so easily become about you and your abilities. This is something I have asked God repeatedly to remind me of and to humble me so that I’m not thinking about how cool it is that I’m playing.

The team I play with each week is really amazing and I’m so grateful and thankful each time I get to play alongside with them. It is truly and honor and blessing be part of such a wonderful group of people with a love to lead and worship!

Friends, I hope we never ever forget that our daily lives are never about us, but about what God can do through us. Let us never forget and be reminded daily that life is all about how God can do immeasurably more than all we could ever ask or imagine.

IT’S ALL ABOUT HIM WORKING THROUGH US!

Back