Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

It's Official, The World Is Going to be Taken Over By Robots

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
My car has limited self learning capability. According to the manual, if the battery is disconnected for some reason, it takes the car a couple of weeks to retrain itself on how to optimize engine performance to my driving style. The stability control system can turn on individual brakes automatically during turns. So far, so good. Skynet has not taken over my car. You guys did a good job.
It's all about creating safer, smarter vehicles.
In the push for autonomous vehicles, we now have vehicles that can parallel park themselves, adaptive cruise control and lane assist. It's all pretty impressive.
At the same time, it's annoying taking long road trips because the radar implemented to perform those tasks is the same radar some state patrol use to monitor your speed Lol!
With 5g on it's way, we will start to see autonomous vehicles a reality. This is really just another way of saying AI. With vehicles connected to the internet you can see why the automotive industry is isolating and encrypting their systems.

I personally don't drive yet but I hope to someday. Besides, a self-driving car is way much more money than I could possible ever afford.

Each to his own.
I know govt who gives out map ,survey data isn't accurate. I can post Google Earth ,other maps errors locally. Imagine driving aND its driving you to a bridge base that isn't there!

My area has roads shown where the county closed them off,city hall where it was 50 years ago.two hospitals, one was built by the navy,old Navy barracks.

I know govt who gives out map ,survey data isn't accurate. I can post Google Earth ,other maps errors locally. Imagine driving aND its driving you to a bridge base that isn't there!

My area has roads shown where the county closed them off,city hall where it was 50 years ago.two hospitals, one was built by the navy,old Navy barracks.

I get lost without my GPS telling me to turn right at the next intersection. I do override it sometimes though. Maybe staying in the loop is a good idea.

Google maps are nice for navigation. If I'm going somewhere unfamiliar, I like to check out the satellite and street level pictures of turning points. That way I recognize landmarks, just in case the GPS wants to take me some difficult route.

I get lost without my GPS telling me to turn right at the next intersection. I do override it sometimes though. Maybe staying in the loop is a good idea.

Really? That's ironic lol because we usually get lost with our GPS. Thank goodness my mom travels with a good old fashioned map. It always comes in handy when we need it. :) Machines aren't always right you know, but a piece of paper can't lie to you. (usually)

Google maps are nice for navigation. If I'm going somewhere unfamiliar, I like to check out the satellite and street level pictures of turning points. That way I recognize landmarks, just in case the GPS wants to take me some difficult route.
But do that in desert, where you don't know.

I have navigated with gps,the guy who worked on them was my plt sgt in the army.he said don't ever rely on them.Russia can jam,shoot down a satellite or it won't work because crap happens.

Now the army is totally relying on gps.that's not good.

Really? That's ironic lol because we usually get lost with our GPS. Thank goodness my mom travels with a good old fashioned map. It always comes in handy when we need it. :) Machines aren't always right you know, but a piece of paper can't lie to you. (usually)
Thanks I will post that error.

Maybe the maps in your GPS are outdated. You can usually download updated maps from the manufacturers web site.

But do that in desert, where you don't know.

I have navigated with gps,the guy who worked on them was my plt sgt in the army.he said don't ever rely on them.Russia can jam,shoot down a satellite or it won't work because crap happens.

Now the army is totally relying on gps.that's not good.

Yes, things happen. That's why I check out satellite pictures before hand. Always have a back up plan.

Advancing technology will no doubt have faith implications. I heard a show on the radio about the future of teleportation, which is legitimately being done onvery small levels to very small distances. Theoretically, if and when a person is teleported, it will be an exact clone of the person appearing in the new location. The body of the person who teleported will need to be destroyed so as to not have two of the same people roaming the earth. If this all comes to fruition, what will be of the soul? That thought kinda blew my mind.

Advancing technology will no doubt have faith implications. I heard a show on the radio about the future of teleportation, which is legitimately being done onvery small levels to very small distances. Theoretically, if and when a person is teleported, it will be an exact clone of the person appearing in the new location. The body of the person who teleported will need to be destroyed so as to not have two of the same people roaming the earth. If this all comes to fruition, what will be of the soul? That thought kinda blew my mind.

All they are doing is beaming a quantum entagled photon to a satellite. They don't have any way to quantum entangle an entire person, and beam them to a new location. It only works with energy.

I look forward to self driving cars. Just get in my car, tell it where I want to go, then sit back and relax.
I am so with you! I drive about 2.5 + hours a day just going to and from work. I have WiFi in the car for streaming, but I'd rather either nap, or be productive.

Those are also outdated,I use them often.

I look to see if it's updated with Google .ie I use big blue demo to see.

Yes, if there is a detour due to recent road construction, it won't be on the satellite picture. Then I can just look at the finish line flag on the GPS, and move toward it by compass. If the GPS can't figure out an alternate route on its own.

Back