Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

I've come up with something interesting...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
A

Archangel

I've come up with something interesting, and it really lifts my spirit up!
Please Note: This theory does not claim to give a date for the Rapture, only a general idea

In Genesis, God limits the maximum time for a person's life to 120 years, this is important, because it defines a generation.
In the book of Mark, the fig tree Parable tells us that the generation in which Israel was destroyed ( anyone born in 1948 ) would not die out until the 2nd coming.

If you take these verses and combine them, you come to the conclusion that the Maximum time for the 2nd coming would have to be 2068. There's another factor that I didn't realize until a few weeks ago, no one lives to be 120 anymore. The average life span is 60-70, so that means we have 10 or 20 years left at max.

Discuss

Archangel said:
Please Note: This theory does not claim to give a date for the Rapture, only a general idea

In Genesis, God limits the maximum time for a person's life to 120 years, this is important, because it defines a generation....

... Discuss
Ok. :)

The 120 year reference in Genesis 6:3 is the time given to the inhabitants of earth to repent of their disobedience before He unleashed His wrath on them. (the Flood)

Gen 6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

Notice in later verses:

Gen 7:6 And Noah was six hundred years old when the flood of waters was upon the earth.

Gen 9:28 And Noah lived after the flood three hundred and fifty years.
Gen 9:29 And all the days of Noah were nine hundred and fifty years: and he died.

After the flood:

Gen 23:1 And Sarah was an hundred and seven and twenty years old (127 years): these were the years of the life of Sarah.

Abraham lived for 175 years. Also, read Genesis, chapter 11.

Newton's calculations conclude the Second Coming would be no earlier than 2060. We can't forget though, that the Jews are on a 6,000 year calendar and they are only on year 5768. 8-)

Archangel said:

In Genesis, God limits the maximum time for a person's life to 120 years, this is important, because it defines a generation.
In the book of Mark, the fig tree Parable tells us that the generation in which Israel was destroyed ( anyone born in 1948 ) would not die out until the 2nd coming.

If you take these verses and combine them, you come to the conclusion that the Maximum time for the 2nd coming would have to be 2068. There's another factor that I didn't realize until a few weeks ago, no one lives to be 120 anymore. The average life span is 60-70, so that means we have 10 or 20 years left at max."

MY COMMENTS: It is a bit confusing in Genesis 6, and it was in the notes of the Companion Bible, by E.B. Bullinger, that clarified it for me. Essentially, Dr. Bullinger points out that the article "the" is before "man" (Adam--Hebrew) in verse 3 and should read thus:

"And the Lord God said, 'My spirit shall not always remain in the man, Adam, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.'"

The Lord is saying that from that time on, Adam (who was still alive) would live 120 years more and die. And, being dead, God's spirit (breath) would not be in him.

As I said, to me this makes sense, for the Biblical record shows many people living hundreds of years after this, so the '120 years' could not apply to them.

As for your "theory" of some date for the Lord's catching away the church/body of Christ.....forget it!

The generally accepted age for a 'generation' is around 30.

I think all Christians have a hard time not trying to predict the second coming of Christ. This is our hope and we get anxious for Him to come. One thing we should not forget though is what Jesus said relating to this.

Mark 13:32
32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.
KJV

Also we should be very careful how we interpret anything related to time in the bible. God is NOT bound by the dimensions that man is. (width, height, depth, or TIME). Quite frankly, if a person is able to forget about time when readying the scripture…they will understand them much better. Time just simply does not mean a lot to a God that is the Alpha and Omega. Of course these scriptures that reference time are very important, but don’t take them literally. Most are symbolic.

The important thing that Jesus has asked us to do is, watch and pray.

Mark 13:33-34
33 Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.
34 For the Son of man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch.
KJV
:) :wink:

Speculation and questioning God, more times than not, tends to be that of those who do not hold true to God. I personally am incapable of understanding how or why anyone even attempts to out do God and His Word. To me IMHO doubt=a severe lack of faith.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back