Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

I've got to testify for a minute about how good God is.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Blake

My wife's vehicle broke down a few weeks ago, and we were saving up money to pay for the quoted repair price, which was $900 -- she needed new brake lines, rotors, pads, and calipers. Yes, she drove the poor thing ragged. A couple of days ago, we finally had enough funds to get the thing towed and fixed up. We went to pick it up today. As we went in to pay, the owner of the garage handed her a bill for a little over $400. It listed the parts, and showed three sections of labor for the installation of those parts, which had $0 next to them. He didn't charge us a dime for labor. He told me wife he'd noticed she was in college and has no problem helping out those who help themselves. We were floored. That's $500 staying in our bank account because of this man's generosity. Btw, if you're ever in West Virginia, GO TO BARKER TIRE PROS! :)

This very same day, I was traveling for work, and I got pulled over for speeding -- hey, don't judge me lol, this new Envoy goes a lot faster than it seems. He got me for 65 in a 55. He checked out my license and registration and told me, very simply, "I'm letting you get out of here. Slow down a little, and be safe."

And lastly, after this all came to an end, my wife and I decided to go to McDonald's and have a bite. The cashier boy rang us up for small meals and gave us larges instead. Sure that's a small gesture compared to the other things, but it just blew my mind. All of this in one day.

Let me just be frank with you, I DO NOT DESERVE THIS. I don't. But I am really blown away by what God has done for me today, and what He does for us every day. I don't know what merited this -- of course, we can't merit the things God does for us -- but wow... all I can say is wow. Thank you God.

Three years ago I didn't hit a lick at anything at all. I drove a little hand me down 88 hatch back, lived in a tiny trailer I bought for a thousand bucks which had holes in the floor and leaky pipes, all I cared about was getting high and slamming booze, and my wife worked hard to support us, and I didn't deserve that, either. She saw me for my potential, because despite my ignorance, there was more to me than what I lived and the choices I had made. Today I work 40+ hours a week, I own my second trailer which is a much nicer place than my last one... I don't have enough extravagance to by showy or conceited but when I reach into that meal barrel it doesn't turn up void. God breathed life into dry bones and gave me vision, hope, and drive. I am still in the process of character development so I may slip, but you'll never see me stay down. God is good. He will perfect the faith He planted in me. He will complete the work He started in me. Hallelujah to the Lamb of God.

Amen, Blake!

Today, I was in the process of making a left hand turn (I had the arrow) when I 'heard' a voice gently but firmly say "Stop!" I did, right there in the midst of the intersection. It's a good thing I did as a driver headed the opposite direction decided to make a right hand turn ... right into the lane into which I was turning. If I had disregarded that voice, he would have hit my car, and the noon-hour traffic would have been halted at that particularly hectic intersection while waiting for police, tow truck, etc., to arrive.

Back