Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Ive lost my faith, am i lost?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Kidron

-

No, you are not lost., and that is because Faith does not save you.
God saves you, based on Jesus dying for you, in your place as your sin bearer.
So, this redeeming death of Jesus has been credited to you as your Salvation, and what has happened is that you've been perfected, justified, sanctified, and redeemed.

God has literally and eternally purchased you with the Blood of Jesus, and that is why the bible tells you that you are "bought with a Price" and you are "not your own"., I Corinthians 6:20 and that price that has been already paid is the eternal blood of Jesus.....as this blood is saving people today, YET...He shed it over 2000 years ago.
And why is it STILL saving for over 2000 years and will continue to as long as God lives?....Its because its God's own blood that has saved you, as Jesus is God, and as God/Jesus are eternal then His salvation by His blood is eternal, and this is why you are kept saved by this Blood, and not by your works, = good deeds, or commandment keeping or water baptism, communion... as your works are temporary whereas the Blood of God, Jesus's BLOOD, is eternal.
Salvation, is an eternal situation, and that is why it takes the Blood of an Eternal GOD, Jesus CHRIST, to SAVE you.
This is why your eternal salvation is only based on the eternal blood and never based on temporary things you can do or have done.

God has literally taken the sinlessness of Christ and credited it to you as if you are Sinless, and that is how God now esteems you, RIGHT NOW, if you are born again.... and this is because God has taken all your sins and your sin debt and killed Christ with it.
This is the "cup" Luke 22:42 that Jesus asked God to "take from" Him, when He was in the Garden of Gethsemane.
God poured this "cup" upon Jesus as the FULL payment for all your sins, for all of them, even your future sins.
Those stripes, that crown of thorns, those spikes, that CROSS....that is your sin "cup" being poured on Jesus.
And based on this, God has no longer a reason to ever judge you again, as being separated from Him.
Remember that it was your SIN that separated you from God the Father and it is those SINS that have killed Christ as HE took your punishment so that God , in Eternity, will not judge you for them.

All Salvation is, is Jesus reconciling you Back to God because your sins had separated you from Father God.
That is what Jesus is ultimately doing on that cross...He is LITERALLY dying on it to reconcile you, to bring you back into the family of God......And nothing else can do it, and that is why all your good works are a fail when it comes to keeping you saved.
This is why you go to heaven and not to hell, .... Its because GOD through Christ has delivered you from the judgement of your sin by killing His only begotten for them all.
And That is salvation, THAT is reconciliation,.. and you dont earn that by water or works or communion, and you dont lose it..... as the only thing that could lose it for you (sin) has been paid for already by killing Christ on a Cross.

Think of Salvation in two ways.
Say you sin.......now, realize that Jesus now says...."Father, i already paid for all that"..... I died for it already.
And that is for the rest of your eternal life.

Then think of Salvation like this.........Its a swap.
God has swapped all your sins for the Righteousness of Christ.
Jesus gets your sins and dies for them and you get His righteousness that you never earned and never could.
And this swap is eternal......& this is why you have read the phrase "ETERNAL LIFE" in your bible.
So, the reason that God will never judge you in Eternity for sin, for wrong doing, or rebellion, or wobbly faith, or whatever, is because He has already Judged....KILLED the Eternal Christ so that you are not judged in Eternity.
This is Salvation, and you cant lose what Jesus has earned and God has given for free.
Salvation has nothing to do with you, other then, when you first believe the Gospel, and you are eternally redeemed once.
Following this, you are to be a good disciple, (present your body a living sacrifice) be water baptized, "love thy neighbor", etc.... but you are not to confuse this discipleship with Salvation that is strictly Jesus earned and God given.

K
<><

Last edited:
This thread is written for the benefit of someone who is saved, who is born again, and have gotten away from the Lord and have now become concerned about their Salvation.

Are we talking about outright, willful unbelief here, or just the common struggles with doubt and disobedience the people of God have, but who through it all cling to the forgiveness of God?

This simple thread is help for:

1. Backsliders.
2. People who were saved, never understood what reconciliation back to God (Salvation) is, or how it was accomplished for them, and after now a time away from "Christianity", are wondering what will happen to them after they die.
3. Anyone who really does not understand how God saved them, and what He uses as the means to reconcile them back to Himself, and How He keeps them reconciled. (Saved)

I like you Kidron. I like you not because Jesus commanded me to, but because you speak truth.

There are many who talk gibberish, and try lead people into doubt, like we all have to be some perfect saint throw a few hail marys, jesus going to spit me out if im not perfect, but you my friend, keep Jesus flock covered and protected.

Last edited:
I like you Kidron. I like you not because Jesus commanded me to, but because you speak truth.

There are many who talk gibberish, and try lead people into doubt, like we all have to be some perfect saint throw a few hail marys, jesus going to spit me out if im not perfect, but you my friend, keep Jesus flock covered and protected.

Very kind words, thank you.

And you are right.......there is a lot of theological abuse going on in the world of Christianity and this hurts people and God is not the author of this at all.
God never created salvation to be some type of life long marathon where only the perfect make it across to heaven in the end.
Salvation is for the LOST, the SINNER, the WORST, and the rest........Its for all of us.

God came here as a man, He wrapped Himself in flesh named Jesus and took our sins, bore our sins, paid for our lifetime of sin debt, and created an eternal reconciliation that is given to us, ...its GIVEN to us,.... and all He asks is that we take His Son by faith in our heart recognizing our need to be forgiven for our sins.
WHAT A DEAL..
What can compare to this kind of LOVE?
WE .....dont have to hang on the cross, ....we... dont have to earn it, all we have to is just understand the Gospel offer and grab it with our heart and TRUST JESUS, and the instant we do this.....= GOD comes running and Salvation is applied and this cant be separated from us, as the Blood of Jesus keeps it for us.

God bless,

K

Now, for anyone who feels lost, who use to feel so good about God and Jesus, who has stopped by this thread or reads this post, if you have ever trusted Christ.... then God has you...He HAS YOU,...You are HIS..... and you are secure in His Grace because the Blood of Jesus that has made you clean and has created for you God's forgiveness,... always will.
So, if you've been away from the Lord, then rest assured and know for a fact that God loves you right now exactly the same as He always has, and this love is not based on what you do or how you behave, but rather its based on what God IS, and God is LOVE.

Come back home to the Father , He has only good things for you.
You are welcome and forgiven, always.

K
<><

-

No, you are not lost., and that is because Faith does not save you.

<><
This premise is not true for faith does save:

Rom 5:1 faith justified...no faith = no justification
Rom 5:2 faith give access to grace....no faith = no grace
Eph 2:8 faith saved........no faith = not saved

It can rightly be argued that if one can be saved without faith, then one can be saved without grace.

kidron said:
God saves you

It is true God saves but God saves those that have faith. That is why the bible does teach faith saves. No faith, ie., unbelief is an already condemned state (Jn 3:18). Those that lose faith enter a condemned state. Heb 3:12 unbelief separates one from God (also Heb 4:12)

kidron said:
God has literally and eternally purchased you with the Blood of Jesus, and that is why the bible tells you that you are "bought with a Price" and you are "not your own"., I Corinthians 6:20 and that price that has been already paid is the eternal blood of Jesus.....as this blood is saving people today, YET...He shed it over 2000 years ago.

2 Pet 2:1 there were those that had been "bought" but became lost as the rest of 2 Pet 2 shows.

This simple thread is help for:

1. Backsliders.
2. People who were saved, never understood what reconciliation back to God (Salvation) is, or how it was accomplished for them, and after now a time away from "Christianity", are wondering what will happen to them after they die.
3. Anyone who really does not understand how God saved them, and what He uses as the means to reconcile them back to Himself, and How He keeps them reconciled. (Saved)

Amen. Good answer.

I was one of those for awhile, but the Lord never gave up on me, and never stopped reaching out and drawing me.

I will say, that it was up to me to respond to Him and repent of my backslidden ways and get back to walking in righteousness, and turning away from evil.

God is good, and His mercy endures forever.

JLB

Amen. Good answer.

I was one of those for awhile, but the Lord never gave up on me, and never stopped reaching out and drawing me.

I will say, that it was up to me to respond to Him and repent of my backslidden ways and get back to walking in righteousness, and turning away from evil.

God is good, and His mercy endures forever.

JLB

perfect answer. This is what is said in Revelation 2. To Repent.

But that doesn't mean that you have license to disobey God.

Amen JLB
Repent !
In Rom.3:25 it states,
Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in His blood, to declare righteousness for the remission of sins that are past , through the forbearance of God.

I have a licence to disobey God if I want, but I choose not to, well, at least try.
But why do you choose not to? That seems to be the killer question.

“If you love Me, keep My commandments." John 14:15 NKJV

“If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him. He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father’s who sent Me." John 14:23-24 NKJV

There are many faiths in existence today but only "one faith" in the NT. It depends on which faith you have lost.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back