Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Jesus in the Quran

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Cleft Asunder said:
Nobody Can interpret the Holy Quran but Mohammad and his companions and we learn from them.

That is totally silly! Anyone can read the word of God, that is the bible, for themselves, are can receive faith to be born again; born of the spirit, and receive their "ticket" for heaven. What good is a book that one must have someone else read to them? How would anyone know it is being read correctly?

Coop

Qu'ran versus the bible

One of the books is lying!

One says that Jesus died, and then rose from the dead - and the other says that Jesus did not really die, but someone died in his place.

One book says that it is very dangerous to say that God would have a son - yet the other book says that Jesus is God's only begotton Son.

Which book is lying? Which book is telling the truth.

Your eternal home may depend on which book you chose for truth.

Coop

I repeat nobody can interpret the Quran in the manner you guys do it.

Your christians so you have no knowledge in Islam.

so
all i will say is

Peace!

Cleft Asunder said:
I repeat nobody can interpret the Quran in the manner you guys do it.

Your christians so you have no knowledge in Islam.

so
all i will say is

Peace!

Quite on the contary. I find that many Muslims are very unaware of what their Quran actually teaches. Think about it... most Muslims have no knowledge of Arabic; and the majority of Muslims are not Arabic speaking. Neither have most Muslims taken the time to read the Hadith. They are unaware of what the Hadith tell us about Muhammad's life. It exposes his deeds..... and Jesus said that we would know a false prophet "by his fruit." Muhammad's fruit is rotten.

:)

Fruit hey? Im sure the world agrees his fruits were darn good! - allow me to give you a few names of admirers of Muhammad (pbuh), all non-muslims:

“Muhummad was the soul of kindness, and his influence was felt and never forgotten by those around him.â€Â
A Hindu scholar – Diwan Chand Sharma in his “The Prophets of the Eastâ€Â, Calcutta 1935, p. 122

“Four years after the death of Justinian, A.D. 569, was born at Makkah, in Arabia the man who, of all men exercised the greatest influence upon the human race…Mohammed…â€Â
John Willian Draper (M.D., L.L.D), in his “A History of the Intellectual Development of Europeâ€Â, London 1875

“I doubt whether any man whose external conditions changed so much ever changed himself less to meet them.â€Â
R.V.C. Bodley, in “The Messengerâ€Â, London 1946, p.9

“I have studied him – the wonderful man – and in my opinion far from being an Anti-Christ, he must be called the saviour of humanity.â€Â
George Bernard Shaw (athiest i think), in “The Genuine Islamâ€Â, Vol. 1, No. 81936

“If a man like Muhammad were to assume the dictatorship of the modern world, he would succeed in solving its problems that would bring it the much needed peace and happinessâ€Â.
George Bernard Shaw

“People like Pasteur and Salk are leaders in the first sense. People like Gandhi and Confucius, on one hand, and Alexander [the Great], Carsar and Hitler on the other, are leaders in the second and perhaps the third sense. Jesus and Buddha belong in the third category alone. Perhaps the greatest leader of all times was Mohammad, who combined all three functions.â€Â
Professor Jules Masserman, a notable and fierce critic of islam, IIRC.

“By a fortunate absolutely unique in history, Mohammed is a threefold founder of a nation, of an empire, and of a religion.â€Â
R. Bosworth-Smith, in “Mohammed and Mohammedanismâ€Â, 1946

“Mohammed was the most successful of all religious personalities.â€Â
Encyclopedia Britannica, 11th Edition

What say the Sceptics?

In his “The 100: A ranking of the 100 Most Influential Persons in Historyâ€Â, Michael H. Hart put Muhammad as No. 1 on in list, while putting his own Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ (pbuh) as No. 3.

William McNeil considers Muhammad as worthy of honour in his list of the first three names of his.

James Gavin puts Muhammad (pbuh) before Christ (pbuh).

Jules Masserman adjudges Muhammad (pbuh) No.1 and his own hero Moses (pbuh) a close second.

GARY:::: Be sure to note that these people are scholars and very learned people- they have devoted their lives to the study of religion and its personalities, far more than you ever have- so just bare that in mind before you go off in a rant bout muhammad with those unlearned loonies from whom u gain your info from.

Many of the people you list are NOT scholars... and many did not (at the time) have easy access to the Hadith (written and collected by Muhammad's followers). If they did, they would have seen who Muhammad really was.

• Were they aware that Muhammad allowed the rape of female slaves?

Were they aware that Muhammad allowed deceit so that his followers could murder those who opposed Muhammad?

Were they aware that Muhammad married and had sex with a 9 year-old child?

Did they know that Muhammad had a 120 year old man murdered (Abu Afak)?

Were they aware that Muhammad had Asma bint Marwan murdered?

Were they aware that Muhammad allowed deception so that his followers could murder Kab al-Ashraf?

Were they aware that Muhammad ordered the cruel torture and then murder of Kinana?

Were they aware that Muhammad prescribed camel urine and later (in revenge) ordered the death of the Uraynians?

The list goes on and on....

Yes, Muhammad's "fruit" was and is rotten. Immediately following his death, the rot continued. There was infighting and murder. Nothing has changed.

:sad

Fath said:
Gary said:
How did you come to know our Lord and Saviour?

Christ has always been with me since I was a small child. I have always regarded him as the greatest teacher of all time. The words he spoke hold so much truth that they are inescapable.

I was baptised many many years ago. To me it is a symbolic gesture of my recognition of the truth, which is Christ.

Even as I walked towards Islam, I took Christ with me. I had grown so accustomed to his presense, his friendship, his love, and his guidance, that there was no one else could compare to him. I trusted nobody else.

Christ walked me through the Quran, and showed me that- although there are truths within that book- they are neatly tucked between the half-truths, the ignorance, and the out and out lies.

He walked me into the lions den, and although the lions were starving, they were not permitted to touch me. The Islamic Muslims tried everything they could to take me from Christ, but how can you tear apart the truth?

This resulted in much frustration on their part, as Christ would use their own Quran against them, and they'd end up contradicting their own statements constantly. Then Christ pointed out to me that the Quran was not divinely inspired, but was actually a cleverly disguised assortment of pagan, and pseudo Christian writings of such works as The Arabic Infancy Gospel, The Gospel of Pseudo-Matthew, and The Infancy Gospel of Thomas.

After some time, it was no longer me who was contending with the Muslims, it was Christ. But you know something? His compassion is greater than anything I could ever understand, for he said some of the most amazing things through me to them, and the result was me walking away from Islam with Christ, with 1 dozen Islamics won by Christ.

God guides us in mysterious ways huh?

You have renounced all things Islam?
All God's blessings to you and joy in spreading his Word.

Gary said:
IF Jesus was not crucified and IF we are to believe Muhammad (why would we believe him? He lied and misled..) THEN Allah (the god of Islam) spawned the world's largest religion, namely Christianity, by deception.

How ironic.

:biggrin

I have never encountered a muslim who was able to reason abstractly. The cleric/imam tells them what the koran says and what to believe, and that's that.

Bilal said:
Fruit hey? Im sure the world agrees his fruits were darn good! - allow me to give you a few names of admirers of Muhammad (pbuh), all non-muslims:

“Muhummad was the soul of kindness, and his influence was felt and never forgotten by those around him.â€Â
A Hindu scholar – Diwan Chand Sharma in his “The Prophets of the Eastâ€Â, Calcutta 1935, p. 122

“Four years after the death of Justinian, A.D. 569, was born at Makkah, in Arabia the man who, of all men exercised the greatest influence upon the human race…Mohammed…â€Â
John Willian Draper (M.D., L.L.D), in his “A History of the Intellectual Development of Europeâ€Â, London 1875

“I doubt whether any man whose external conditions changed so much ever changed himself less to meet them.â€Â
R.V.C. Bodley, in “The Messengerâ€Â, London 1946, p.9

“I have studied him – the wonderful man – and in my opinion far from being an Anti-Christ, he must be called the saviour of humanity.â€Â
George Bernard Shaw (athiest i think), in “The Genuine Islamâ€Â, Vol. 1, No. 81936

“If a man like Muhammad were to assume the dictatorship of the modern world, he would succeed in solving its problems that would bring it the much needed peace and happinessâ€Â.
George Bernard Shaw

“People like Pasteur and Salk are leaders in the first sense. People like Gandhi and Confucius, on one hand, and Alexander [the Great], Carsar and Hitler on the other, are leaders in the second and perhaps the third sense. Jesus and Buddha belong in the third category alone. Perhaps the greatest leader of all times was Mohammad, who combined all three functions.â€Â
Professor Jules Masserman, a notable and fierce critic of islam, IIRC.

“By a fortunate absolutely unique in history, Mohammed is a threefold founder of a nation, of an empire, and of a religion.â€Â
R. Bosworth-Smith, in “Mohammed and Mohammedanismâ€Â, 1946

“Mohammed was the most successful of all religious personalities.â€Â
Encyclopedia Britannica, 11th Edition

What say the Sceptics?

In his “The 100: A ranking of the 100 Most Influential Persons in Historyâ€Â, Michael H. Hart put Muhammad as No. 1 on in list, while putting his own Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ (pbuh) as No. 3.

William McNeil considers Muhammad as worthy of honour in his list of the first three names of his.

James Gavin puts Muhammad (pbuh) before Christ (pbuh).

Jules Masserman adjudges Muhammad (pbuh) No.1 and his own hero Moses (pbuh) a close second.

GARY:::: Be sure to note that these people are scholars and very learned people- they have devoted their lives to the study of religion and its personalities, far more than you ever have- so just bare that in mind before you go off in a rant bout muhammad with those unlearned loonies from whom u gain your info from.

Mahomet, the prophet of doom, was .............well, read on....

http://www.flex.com/~jai/satyamevajayate/mohwar1.html

Gary said:
Many of the people you list are NOT scholars... and many did not (at the time) have easy access to the Hadith (written and collected by Muhammad's followers). If they did, they would have seen who Muhammad really was.

• Were they aware that Muhammad allowed the rape of female slaves?

Were they aware that Muhammad allowed deceit so that his followers could murder those who opposed Muhammad?

Were they aware that Muhammad allowed deception so that his followers could murder Kab al-Ashraf?

Were they aware that Muhammad ordered the cruel torture and then murder of Kinana?

Were they aware that Muhammad prescribed camel urine and later (in revenge) ordered the death of the Uraynians?

Yes, Muhammad's "fruit" was and is rotten. Immediately following his death, the rot continued. There was infighting and murder. Nothing has changed.

:sad

More than 80 wars during the first 150 years of Islam's existence. Nothing has changed.

Were they aware that Muhammad allowed the rape of female slaves?

Read the OT... change the names of the characters and you have pretty much the same stuff going on!!!

Top Signs You're a New Age Fundy

You are a New Age Fundy when .... you don't understand nor do you believe the Bible; you think Muhammad is someone to admire; you have trouble distinguishing between the actions of Muhammad (which are not questioned at all in the Quran) and the actions and consequences of some of the "heroes" in the OT.

:) :)

Also, use your God-given brain. Did any of the OT prophets or characters tell you to follow them? Muhammad did. Muhammad claimed that his actions were something that you should copy.... that in his actions you have the perfect example.

Do you think Muhammad is the perfect example to follow? YES or NO?

:o :o

Gary you have a mental problem agains't Islam you know. Take a hike Dude!

live ur life and stop wasting ur time in forums coz u wont get anywhere with what you say. teach the things you say to the devil himself not to us.

Cleft Asunder said:

live ur life and stop wasting ur time in forums coz u wont get anywhere with what you say. teach the things you say to the devil himself not to us.
If God was to send a perfect example of a person to follow.... who do you think that person would be? Muhammad or Jesus Christ?

:-?

As I said before, one or the other of these books is lying to us!

Sura 19
35. It is not befitting to (the majesty of) Allah that He should beget a son. Glory be to Him! when He determines a matter, He only says to it, "Be", and it is.

Surah 4
171 O people of the scripture, do not transgress the limits of your religion, and do not say about GOD except the truth. The Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, was a messenger of GOD, and His word that He had sent to Mary, and a revelation from Him. Therefore, you shall believe in GOD and His messengers. You shall not say, "Trinity." You shall refrain from this for your own good. GOD is only one god. Be He glorified; He is much too glorious to have a son. To Him belongs everything in the heavens and everything on earth. GOD suffices as Lord and Master.

Surah 17
111 And say: Praise be to Allah, Who hath not taken unto Himself a son, and Who hath no partner in the Sovereignty, nor hath He any protecting friend through dependence. And magnify Him with all magnificence.

Surah 19
88 And they say: The Beneficent hath taken unto Himself a son.
89 Assuredly ye utter a disastrous thing
90 Whereby almost the heavens are torn, and the earth is split asunder and the mountains fall in ruins,
91 That ye ascribe unto the Beneficent a son,
92 When it is not meet for (the Majesty of) the Beneficent that He should choose a son.
93 There is none in the heavens and the earth but cometh unto the Beneficent as a slave.

John 1:14
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

John 1:18
No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Anyone that can read, can see that these verses are in disagreement. One book then, must be lying. Which one?

If we pick the wrong book, our eternal destiny is at stake. Which book will we believe? How can we tell which one is telling us the truth?

Coop

Gary said:
Bilal said:
It was Judas, the betrayer who was crucified....agian if u read the link, ull see where Muslims are coming from....use logic to read through it and ull do well..

Rubbish. How would Muhammad (the deceiver) know if Jesus Christ was crucified or not?

Again, it is a nice little fairy-tale from Muhammad. He got so much history wrong. This is just another example.

Only one verse in the whole Qur’an deals with the subject of Jesus’ crucifixion. The event is strongly denied as a calumny of the Jews against him. Their intention to kill him is not discounted, but Allah is said to have honoured his prophet by saving him from their hands while a bystander, whose appearance Allah changed so that he might look like Jesus, was crucified instead. There is no mention of the relevance of the event to the Christian faith, a surprising oversight considering the fact that the Bible teaches that Jesus laid down his life willingly for the salvation of all men and that this was the express purpose for the appearance of the Son of God in human form. Without the death and resurrection of Jesus there would have been no Christianity and the fact that it is central to our faith makes the omission of any reference to its Christian context in the Qur’an all the more remarkable. The verse is:

They said: "We killed the Messiah Jesus, son of Mary, messenger of Allah; but they did not kill him, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them. Those who dispute about this are full of doubts, they have no certain knowledge but follow only conjecture. Assuredly they killed him not, but Allah raised him to himself. And Allah is the Mighty, the Wise. Surah 4.157

A Critical Analysis of the Theory

Not only is the Qur’anic teaching on what happened that day embarrassingly vague but the Muslim interpretation of it, the substitution theory, is extremely vulnerable on moral grounds and does not withstand the acid test of critical analysis. The following points can effectively be raised in discussion with Muslims on this subject:

1. Why Should God have Victimised an Innocent Bystander?

If it was God’s intention to save Jesus alive by raising him to heaven, why should anyone have been crucified at all? It makes no sense. The very act of misrepresenting one man as another is a form of impersonation and we cannot accept that the "holy God who shows himself holy in righteousness" (Isaiah 5.16) would ever have done such a thing. Some Muslims say it was Judas Iscariot who was crucified (to remove the charge that an innocent bystander was crucified) but there is no identification of the victim in the Qur’an. The fact is, whoever was crucified was innocent of whatever wrongdoing Jesus was supposed to have done to warrant his death. The choice of Judas is simply an expedient to justify what God is supposed to have done that day. The Bible, however, records very clearly what happened to Judas - when he saw that Jesus was going to be crucified, in great remorse he went out and hanged himself (Matthew 27.5. See also Acts 1.18).

2. Did God not Consider Jesus’ Family and Disciples?

The second obvious objection to the Muslim theory is the effect the crucifixion would have had on those who were gathered around the cross. His mother Mary, her sister Mary the wife of Clopas, and two of his closest disciples Mary Magdalene and John the son of Zebedee, were "standing by the cross of Jesus" (John 19.25). If the person crucified was made to look exactly like Jesus, surely they would all have presumed it really was him? Why did God put the people who were closest to Jesus through the agony of watching him die? Would God have allowed his mother, revered in Islam as Bibi Maryam and the only woman mentioned by name in the Qur’an (Surah 3.36, 19.16), to have endured such torment purely because of an illusion of his own making? It is useful, at this point, to add that Jesus actually addressed Mary and John from the cross:

When Jesus saw his mother, and the disciple whom he loved standing near, he said to his mother, "Woman, behold your son!" Then he said to the disciple, "Behold your mother!" John 19.26-27

This is only one of seven sayings of Jesus from the cross and it clearly shows that the person crucified not only looked like Jesus but also talked as if it was him. Only Jesus himself could have shown such compassion for his mother. Anyone else would have spent his time crying from the cross that he had been crucified by mistake. To get to the truth Muslims only have to acknowledge one thing - that it was indeed Jesus himself who was crucified!

3. Was Christianity Founded on a Hoax of God’s Making?

The third objection to the Muslim theory is that, if the man crucified was made to look like Jesus, can you blame his disciples for actually thinking it was him? They went out and preached Christ crucified, being willing to lay down their lives for the Gospel message that Jesus died to save the world from its sinfulness. Did they found the whole Christian faith on a hoax, an illusion of which God himself was the deliberate author? The substitution theory makes God out to be the source of the greatest deception in religious history. The irony is that it is this theory which is perhaps the greatest of all historical delusions, one which has bound hundreds of millions of Muslims for fourteen centuries in unbelief. Under close analysis it is found to be riddled with improbabilities.

It is important in witness to Muslims to emphasise that the Bible emphatically teaches that Jesus was crucified, that he died on the cross, and that he was raised from the dead on the third day. These two declarations, proclaimed by an angel to some of Jesus’ female disciples the day of his resurrection and by the Apostle Peter to thousands of Jewish bystanders, set forth these great truths very concisely:

I know that you seek Jesus who was crucified. He is not here for he has risen, as he said. Come see the place where he lay. Then go quickly and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead. Matthew 28.5-7

This Jesus, delivered up according to the definite plan and foreknowledge of God, you crucified and killed by the hands of lawless men. But God raised him up, having loosed the pangs of death, because it was not possible for him to be held by it. Acts 2.23-24

God is glorified in the Christian Gospel. The crucifixion, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, his only Son, is the greatest evidence of his love for us. It is the door to eternal life. It is the source of our complete forgiveness and ultimate redemption. The Muslim theory that someone else was crucified in Jesus’ place, on the contrary, is meaningless. The event served no apparent purpose other than to victimise an innocent man, traumatise the followers of Jesus, and result in the formation of a religion based on a fallacy - all of Allah’s own scheming and devising. Highly unlikely indeed!

Read more:
http://www.answering-islam.org/Gilchris ... chap4.html

Everytime I read the muslim account of scripture, I think of the Monty Python Fractured Fairy Tales. Mahomet, the deceiver, had two Jewish wives, and access to all scripture. Since he could neither read nor write, he had Jewish scribes for secretaries. Could be they played him the fool.
Certainly, the wives recalled for him the best they could. Hence, the term fractured. I'd be mighty suspicious of an illiterate prophet and his sources, and a god that would pick someone like him.

Gary said:
Top Signs You're a New Age Fundy

You are a New Age Fundy when .... you don't understand nor do you believe the Bible; you think Muhammad is someone to admire; you have trouble distinguishing between the actions of Muhammad (which are not questioned at all in the Quran) and the actions and consequences of some of the "heroes" in the OT.

Also, use your God-given brain. Did any of the OT prophets or characters tell you to follow them? Muhammad did. Muhammad claimed that his actions were something that you should copy.... that in his actions you have the perfect example.

Do you think Muhammad is the perfect example to follow? YES or NO?

:o :o

Well, I'm sure there was something about him that was likeable.
Hm! What could that be? If his vileness were only that he lusted after a six year old girl..........nah! I can't think of anything.

Soma-Sight said:
Were they aware that Muhammad allowed the rape of female slaves?

Read the OT... change the names of the characters and you have pretty much the same stuff going on!!!

You can cite OT prophets who encouraged such behavior? Under what circumstances?

Gary said:
Cleft Asunder said:

If God was to send a perfect example of a person to follow.... who do you think that person would be? Muhammad or Jesus Christ?

:-?

They were both sent from God... :wink:

Gary:

Remember, as u have said yourself, this aspect of Christianity is the very tenet that it is held on. If this is a load of tosh, then so is Christianity.

"1. Why Should God have Victimised an Innocent Bystander?"

Who said he was innocent- oh it was you and your lying croonies. :roll:
As i have said, it was Judas who was crucified. The betrayer- tell me how he is innocent.

The Bible gives such a overwhelmingly belieable story of what happened to Judas....he went away and hanged himself- nice way of just brushing him aside, wouldnt you say. Is that really credible? Of course not. Our theory works much better. Why? Because of its logic. All you need is logic, and u too will see the truth.

"2. Did God not Consider Jesus’ Family and Disciples?"

This is a petty excuse. Its like saying why would God allow harm to come to someone if we all know it will cause grief for that person's family. That is obvious isnt it?

Answer me this: "Woman" (John 19:26) is how the Bible says Jesus adressed Mary. Now what mean person would adress their own mother as WOMAN! By all accounts, it doesnt make sense. Why? Beacuse the person on the cross was Judas, not Jesus, and so WOMAN! is exactly how he would have adressed Mary.

While the Bible records the reactions of all bystanders, is doesnt record that of Mary's, the mother of Jesus(pbuh), because their is no reaction of hers worth mentioning. Since she knew the person on the cross wasnt Jesus, she stood watched as the betrayer was punished. Hasnt it occured to you that IF the person on the cross was Jesus, she would have reacted hysterically, what with the pain of labour a woman goes through, and the love a mother shows to her son? NO MOTHER WOULD BE MUTE IN SPECTATING THE DEATH OF HER OWN SON?

3. "Was Christianity Founded on a Hoax of God’s Making?"

The third objection to the Muslim theory is that, if the man crucified was made to look like Jesus, can you blame his disciples for actually thinking it was him? They went out and preached Christ crucified, being willing to lay down their lives for the Gospel message that Jesus died to save the world from its sinfulness. Did they found the whole Christian faith on a hoax, an illusion of which God himself was the deliberate author? The substitution theory makes God out to be the source of the greatest deception in religious history. The irony is that it is this theory which is perhaps the greatest of all historical delusions, one which has bound hundreds of millions of Muslims for fourteen centuries in unbelief. Under close analysis it is found to be riddled with improbabilities.

Whoa whoa whoa...my Christian knowledge may be a bit rusty but did the diciples witness the supposed crucifixtion of Jesus?

And they all foresook him, and fled. (Mark 14:50)

hmmm.....also not teh Bible says the disciples of Jesus forsook him in his crucial hour, while teh Quran says they expressed their belief and loyalty. Nice diciples werent they?

"Did they found the whole Christian faith on a hoax,".....***resisting temptation***....and also was it they who founded Christianity...i thought it was Paul?...

"The substitution theory makes God out to be the source of the greatest deception in religious "....

hmmm, "And for this cause God shall send them delusion, that they should believe a LIE" (2 Thessalonians 2:11)

"...I make peace and CREATE EVIL" (Isaiah 45:7)

what can i say....

to a logical mind your theory of events arent credible and dont make sense, but ours on the other hand, wphew, what can i say? :-D

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back