Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Jesus Is Lord

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Peace to you. Hello All !!! My experience has been profound in regard to God's Holy Spirit stepping forward and grabbing a hold of me a couple of years ago. Nothing less than physiologically transformational. I describe it as a circumcision from this world and to the eternal realm. Oh well... I have some rather miraculous testimonies to share and, due to my "circumcision" from this world. I find myself not able to relate (rather, others can't understand or relate to my new perspective of life) so I thought I'd give Christian Forums a go - looking for other Seekers. My everyday practical relationship with God has become somewhat mystical in nature. What is mystic, ironically, has become more real to me. Sooo interesting, this great God of ours !!! Looking forward to getting acquainted.

Grace and Peace right back to you Sister SilenceIsConversation. I see that you joined this Forum last year and then went absent until now. It's good to have you back. Since I'm a Christian Psychologist, I'm interested in this that you said....
Nothing less than physiologically transformational.

I'm always interested in how folk either come to Salvation, or improve what they already have thru the working of the Holy Spirit. I hope you are able to enjoy the fellowship that others extend to you here at CF.net. May our Lord Jesus bless you greatly. I'm looking forward to your reply.

Good morning brothers. Thanks for your replies. I love talking about the real and divine with others! How refreshing that you would ask. To Eugene - your question to me was
Is it possible to relate your experience through scripture?
Hmm... yes, I suppose I can. Although my transformational experience was not any one thing I can attach to a specific passage or verse, I can describe it like this; all of the scripture that I'd read in my life (and I've read God's Word since I was 8 years old) were words I heard with an ear and viewed with an eye that was veiled through the lens of conditioning and reasoning of this world. (Woke up, scales came of, deaf made to hear) Thank God I still yet heard it and tried to digest it and pull it in close to my heart as best I could. I had a mindful and logical understanding of it. I tried to apply it but so much of it was filtered through time (happened to "the guys" way back then, Peter and Paul, etc) and through space (happened "over there" at the Dead Sea, etc) and, therefore, it wasn't an active living word or spirit in me. But again, thank God, because religion serves a purpose in priming our heart for more to come. After my "circumcision" (which I will elaborate on in another response in this thread) I found that the veil of time and space was removed and the word became alive within me, making scripture become a whole different essence. It became a spiritual language only understood by a circumcised heart and now known by me in a language where God has revealed his spiritual language with meanings that are so viscerally unlike how I understood them before. I'm led by the Spirit as He transforms my whole personhood - including citizenship, mind, soul, fruits, desires, personality, etc.

Now, when I read ANYTHING in the Bible I realize that words are just words. Words are somewhat limiting for us here on Earth but God uses what we are accustomed to and surpasses their limitations with His will. The deeper meaning behind them - which cannot really be expressed in words - is expressed to me by the Holy Spirit in his expression of meaning by heart change. For example, from Ephesians 5

13But everything exposed by the light becomes visible, for everything that is illuminated becomes a light itself. 14So it is said: “Wake up, O sleeper, rise up from the dead, and Christ will shine on you.”… (Ephesian 5:13-14)

I now not only understand what it says but I also know how it is this way. I believe discernment was a gift given to me at this time of my life.

To Brother Mike - I ,too, believe Scripture trumps experience but here is a caveat to consider... It was my experience (HaHa) that led me to deeper relationship with my Lord. Although I had the scripture knowledge from many years of reading it, I will tell you that I would still have the scripture knowledge MINUS the deep and growing relationship with God's living Spirit within me had I not had the experience. Not sure which we can really call more important. May I ask you a question? If a tribe of people were not exposed to scripture (formally) do you believe their experience could make them aware of God's presence through his writings on their hearts? I think God's knocking can be experiential and, if one hears it and answers, God can lead through his Holy Spirit he promised to us. If some becomes still and knows God without having read it first, then, is this any less an act of becoming still and knowing God after reading it. Unfortunately, in my humble opinion, when people read it "Be still and know that I am God" then they tragically process it only in mind, recognizing the words, and "let it go" out the other ear... without experiencing it. Experiencing IS the word of God. Yes, it is somewhat paradoxical (as are so many things in Scripture) and I wholehearted agree that Scripture is an integral part of our knowing God, yet, my experience with the Holy Spirit stepping forward has changed everything for me, praise God! And that includes Scripture.

May I ask you a question? If a tribe of people were not exposed to scripture (formally) do you believe their experience

How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
(Rom 10:14-17)

Yea, so have I strived to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build upon another man's foundation: But as it is written, To whom he was not spoken of, they shall see: and they that have not heard shall understand.
(Rom 15:20-21)

Your tribe is in trouble.
Seen enough.

Mike.

Grace and Peace right back to you Sister SilenceIsConversation. I see that you joined this Forum last year and then went absent until now. It's good to have you back. Since I'm a Christian Psychologist, I'm interested in this that you said....

I'm always interested in how folk either come to Salvation, or improve what they already have thru the working of the Holy Spirit. I hope you are able to enjoy the fellowship that others extend to you here at CF.net. May our Lord Jesus bless you greatly. I'm looking forward to your reply.
Hello Chopper, Before I reply, I have to confess that I don't quite understand the formatting and use of quotes on this site. Any direction is appreciated. ( I am old )

In answer to your question concerning my transformation being physiological in nature please let me say this... you hit the nail on the head when you wrote that improvements of what people already have can be be made by the working of the Holy Spirit. I am happy that you are a Christian psychologist since my path of great change has seemed to be an inner shift of both brain (mind) and consciousness. As Aristotle puts it, "Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all."

My "story" of circumcision is this - On a cold November day in 2014, while talking on the phone to a good friend of mine from inside my car at a church parking lot, he said to me, "What is up with you, Lori?" I said, "What do you mean?" He replied, "I know you well and something is different about you."

I found it so interesting that he noticed an internal change in me. I had been feeling a physical tugging at my chest for about 2 weeks prior. A dull but hurting pressure - a hurting pressure much like wearing a shoe that is too small or ill-fitted and it continually puts pressure on your big toe to the point of eventual awareness of acute pain) It felt sort of like someone had either of their hands on either side of my diaphragm and they were trying to pull it apart. It sort of hurt and felt really weird, like nothing I have ever experienced before. But, point is, I felt it. Feeling it made me feel uncomfortable in spirit. It seemed to affect my "mood" for lack of a better word. My friend possibly may have sensed this.

Anyway, fast forward to a few weeks after that I began having an intense interest in quantum physics. Mind you, I am not a lover or scholar of anything scientific. Writing is my love. Yet, I delved into as much as I could read or learn about all things quantum. The boson especially interested me. From that I seemed to stumble upon and desire to learn more about consciousness. All the while this physical internal discomfort. Well, because I am a scaredy cat, I turned to Scripture to put it into perspective and shine light on what I was discovering. Because I was transmuting both biologically, in brain and body, and changing spiritually somehow (becoming aware of a different reality - of the Deeper I that observed thoughts and emotions and everything for that matter) I was frightened. I became 100% interested in the words of God. New meaning(from these words) and transformational power(from these words) arose in me. I new sort of suddenly, after getting into scripture, that I had just been circumcised from the world. I knew my identity was not founed in this world anymore. Upon realizing that this was the Spirit of God I had let in, who had been seeking me all along, the physical tugging apart of my diaphragm had stopped. I find it interesting that when I look up the word diaphragm on google search it gives this meaning:

di·a·phragm
ˈdīəˌfram/
noun
  1. 1.
    a dome-shaped, muscular partition separating the thorax from the abdomen in mammals. It plays a major role in breathing, as its contraction increases the volume of the thorax and so inflates the lungs.
  2. 2.
    a thin sheet of material forming a partition.
The second definition is the one I found interesting. A thin sheet of material forming a partition. Hmm... it felt exactly like a veil had been pulled away from what was once a partition to the heavenlies... allowing me to fellowship with God's Holy Spirit.

In fact, I wrote this poem shortly after this experience occurred :
Awakening

When the warm Spring breeze stirs me
And the sinking sun smiles, "See?"
Spirit awakens swiftly
Bringing forth silence in me

Spending Now in moments Past
And deceptive Futures masked
Dwelling in the dead and fast
World luring me from the vast

For Satan has oppressed mankind
He lade knowledge on their mind
Thoughts of good and bad now shined
Form, reflected, made them blind

I Am, to be, consciously
To the created World to see
Life dancing in the pulsing tree
Sun-filled rocks glow gleefully

In the space where we inhale
Lies a hidden distinct veil
Gossamer, obscurely pale
Unnoticed, becomes bars that jail

The keys to veiled inner state
And through the prison's guarded gate
Into an obscure realm we wade
Acceptance to capitulate

We, well clothed in counterfeit
Parade a charade of brainy wit
As real and true and mindful grit
Fashioned thoughts that just won't quit

Shift perspective, lift the drape
Glass fringe lined with silver tape
That mirrors well the masquerade
Shattered, shows our formless shape

I Am that I Am and that
One, too. And everyone I see,
Caught up in Oneness, is me
Life through multiplicity

Beckon it, beckon it!
So simple to request it
Along with, Don't quit, don't quit!
Find endless peace in respite

Your Master will be in wait
Knocking steadfast at the gate
Seek His presence, dedicate
His vast love without abate

Unforsaken Sacred "I"
The Self aligned with Life
Hear with ear and see with eye
That "I Am" that will not die

How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
(Rom 10:14-17)

Yea, so have I strived to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build upon another man's foundation: But as it is written, To whom he was not spoken of, they shall see: and they that have not heard shall understand.
(Rom 15:20-21)

Your tribe is in trouble.
Seen enough.

Mike.
Brother Mike,
In peace and love I go, thank you.
Sister L

I began having an intense interest in quantum physics.
I reckon what I am wondering is whether what your desire to learn of quantum physics became was the effect of Christ in you. Is quantum physics something you had never heard of, your interest of the brain associated with physiology, or other phenomena of the physical nature something that had become instantly put upon you by the Holy Spirit to possibly make us aware of?

Being born again I have yet to be brought into such contention of purpose in my spiritual walk to investigate worldly definitions to explain what God was in process of revelation to me. Change was noticeable to me by affectual greater knowledge of the word of God; at least to my satisfaction. What am I missing if I am according to your experience? Thanks.

[Q
I reckon what I am wondering is whether what your desire to learn of quantum physics became was the effect of Christ in you. Is quantum physics something you had never heard of, your interest of the brain associated with physiology, or other phenomena of the physical nature something that had become instantly put upon you by the Holy Spirit to possibly make us aware of?

Being born again I have yet to be brought into such contention of purpose in my spiritual walk to investigate worldly definitions to explain what God was in process of revelation to me. Change was noticeable to me by affectual greater knowledge of the word of God; at least to my satisfaction. What am I missing if I am according to your experience? Thanks.

Hello Eugene. Thanks for reply. In answer to your question, You are missing nothing. You are a Seeker. like myself, and God leads us in fellowship with Himself and other Seekers. Your path is perfect because you yield to a perfect sovereign God. My path is my path. Your path is yours. You may have been born again and had the great gift of immediate intimacy with the Holy Spirit, I don't know. I gave the great confession when I was 8 years old and strove to seek God, and I did(would tell you I was born again 46 years ago) ... BUT, until this experience in 2014 my walk was rather distant with God. When I felt Holy Spirit circumcise me from the world it was just completely different and inexplicable in the level of praying ceaselessly. Knowing the I Am happened. I suppose it's similar to a radical rebirth in contrast to a steady affectual one. God knows our path. They're all different. I might just be so prideful and hard headed that it took a prying apart of body from soul for me for the Spirit to break through all the muck and mire I'd piled upon this prideful soul.

As for your use of the word contention? Naaah. Never. I think I am neither in a heated disagreement, making an assertion, nor perpetuating an argumentative statement any more than we are not on parallel paths to eternity. Praise God. I was just introducing myself and sharing a testimony.

Oh yeah, your question of my interest in quantum physics. I have no explanation. I just suddenly had an interest after my experience in 2014. It led me straight to the word of God eventually and gave me a greater understanding of it. Maybe it was necessary and God knew it. If not, all things are used for good for those that love the Lord. As it says in genesis 50, 20You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.

I'm just not sure why the interest ?? Jesus is Lord!!!

To Brother Mike - I ,too, believe Scripture trumps experience but here is a caveat to consider... It was my experience (HaHa) that led me to deeper relationship with my Lord. Although I had the scripture knowledge from many years of reading it, I will tell you that I would still have the scripture knowledge MINUS the deep and growing relationship with God's living Spirit within me had I not had the experience. Not sure which we can really call more important. May I ask you a question? If a tribe of people were not exposed to scripture (formally) do you believe their experience could make them aware of God's presence through his writings on their hearts? I think God's knocking can be experiential and, if one hears it and answers, God can lead through his Holy Spirit he promised to us. If some becomes still and knows God without having read it first, then, is this any less an act of becoming still and knowing God after reading it. Unfortunately, in my humble opinion, when people read it "Be still and know that I am God" then they tragically process it only in mind, recognizing the words, and "let it go" out the other ear... without experiencing it. Experiencing IS the word of God. Yes, it is somewhat paradoxical (as are so many things in Scripture) and I wholehearted agree that Scripture is an integral part of our knowing God, yet, my experience with the Holy Spirit stepping forward has changed everything for me, praise God! And that includes Scripture.
It is my experience with God that only worry if what you experience does nor align with or contradicts scripture. Until Jesus/God returns the Bible is the Final Court of Arbitration, meaning that if what a spirit imparts disagrees with scripture, it is false and this young lady, having been raised consuming the Bible, I doubt that I nor any spirit could pass a serious lie off to her.

By the way, welcome aboard young lady.

It is my experience with God that only worry if what you experience does nor align with or contradicts scripture. Until Jesus/God returns the Bible is the Final Court of Arbitration, meaning that if what a spirit imparts disagrees with scripture, it is false and this young lady, having been raised consuming the Bible, I doubt that I nor any spirit could pass a serious lie off to her.

By the way, welcome aboard young lady.

Brother B. Taylor, Thank you for the warm welcome and very kind words.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back