Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study JESUS OUR EXAMPLE and the APOSTLES OBEYED GOD'S LAW and the SABBATH!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Rom 6:14b ... you are not under law but under grace.

Rom 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law, that every one who has faith may be justified.
Gal 3:23-26 Now before faith came, we were confined under the law, kept under restraint until faith should be revealed. So that the law was our custodian until Christ came, that we might be justified by faith. But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a custodian; for in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith.
Eph 2:14-15a For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances,...

Rom 13:8 Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.
Gal 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

Hello JBL,

There is a lot of repetition in your post here that has already been covered and addressed with the scriptures. So I will possibly only provide links to the posts and scriptures discussed as a reminder for you. I may need to post a few posts to cover your discussion.

If you do not put people to death for violating the Sabbath as mandated by the word of God then you are guilty of breaking the Sabbath law requirement.

Not for me my friend I am not a part of Israel under the CIVIL laws of MOSES living in the Old Covenant.

If you are keeping the Sabbath according to the law, because you think it's a sin not to, then you are doing to be right and just with God.

For me, I BELIEVE God's Word and FOLLOW HIM who LOVES me because He has made me FREE to LOVE now I FOLLOW HIM because I LOVE HIM.

These are those who BELIEVE His Word and through FAITH that works by LOVE keep all the commandments of God through Faith in Jesus (1 John 2:3-4; 1 John 3:3-9; James 2:8-12; Rev 12:17; 14:12: 22:14).

Those who do not BELIEVE and FOLLOW him are NOT his people and do not KNOW HIM or trust in HIM for salvation because the FRUIT of their FAITH is not the OBEDIENCE of LOVE (James 2:18; 20; 27; 1 John 3:6-8).

If your FAITH does not have the FRUIT of OBEDIENCE then you are still in your SINS and do not KNOW him who is calling you. SIN is the transgression of God's LAW (10 commandments) if you break ANY one of them you stand guilty before God in SIN and need to seek him in REPENTANCE and FORGIVENESS. Please read; James 2:18; 20; 26; Matthew 7:13-23; 1 John 3:6-8; 1 John 3:4; James 2:8-12.

If your tree does not bear the FRUIT of OBEDIENCE is will be cast down and thrown into the fire (Matthew 7:13-23)

That is the text book definition of trying to justified by the law.

We should BELIEVE AND FOLLOW the WORD of GOD over the teachings and traditions ot men that brake the commandments of God.

You have quoted Exodus 20:8-11 over and over in an attempt to some try and convince me that I need to keep the law of Moses.

My friend you are free to BELIEVE what you wish. I do not judge you. Only God's Word is true and we should BELIEVE and FOLLOW it. Only those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's Word are his people. Those that hear God's Word and BELIEVE it FOLLOW him who calls them because they hear his Voice. God's Sheep hear his Voice because they KNOW him and he calls them. Jersus says; If any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. (John 12:47-48).

You have not addressed the fact that keeping the law of the Sabbath requires you to put to death the violators.

Really? God's Word would disagree with you. See Post # 48 linked

Don't you say we are to keep all the Commandments in the NEW Covenant (well minus the 4th commandment)? Do you put to death the violators that dishonoring their parents or committing Adultery like they were commanded to in the CIVIL law of Israel in the Old Covenant? As for me I believe we are in the New Covenant as previously shared with you.

You have only tried to explain it away as being a civil under the old covenant when it is the word of God to those in Exodus just as Exodus 20:8-11.

You have been shared New Testament Scriptures for Old Testament application in Post # 48 linked . The CIVIL law death penalties apply to most of the 10 commandments and show you in God's Word in the linked post. You only apply it to the 4th commandment when the same DEATH penalty was applied to just about all of them. We are not in the Old Covenant we are now in the NEW and we are not under the CIVIL laws of Israel.

continued.....

In addition, you have attempted to explain away Romans 14 as being insignificant because it does not mention God's 4th Commandment, when it addresses the subject of esteeming certain days over other days of the week.

JBL you seem to be out of things to say and are now only speaking around in circles. All your posts have been addressed carefully with scriptures that does not agree with your interpretation. Maybe we need to agree to disagree?

To me; Romans 14 is not even talking about God's LAW or the 4th commandment. How can you say it is including God's 4th commandment when it is not even mentioned in the entire book of Romans especially when God's LAW is the standard of SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS and the KNOWLEDGE of Good and Evil (Romans 3:20; 7:7; James 2:11; 1 John 3:4).

Even the sections you highlight in Romans 14 says nothing about God's 4th commandment. You do realize that the time when Romans 14 was written there was no dispute regarding the Sabbath and Sunday? There was disputes however in regards to the annual Jewish holy days that were consistant with the other writings of Paul in Colossians and Ephesians 2. These were shadows under the Levitical laws pointing to the Messaih (Leviticus 23) and were shadows of things to come pointing to Jesus as out true Sacrifice. So once again where is God's 4th commandment mentioned in Romans 14? Where does it say in Romans 14 that God's Sabbath is Abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sudnay as a holy day? It simply does not.

It is very clear from reading the scriptures that this whole Chapter has nothing whatsoever at all to do with the 4th commandment which is to keep Holy the 7th day Sabbath Please revisit post # 22; #28

The context - 8 Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law. 9 For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not bear false witness,” “You shall not covet,” and if there is any other commandment, are all summed up in this saying, namely, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” 10 Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law. Romans 13:8-10
Paul is dealing with the commandments as he instructs the Romans about esteeming one day over the other, as well as food laws that were set for by the law of Moses.

Well that is not true at all JBL Romans Chapter 13 is talking about being subject to the higher powers and the rulers that are ordained of God are to protect those from evil and to pay tribute and custom when they are due. Then the chapter talks about LOVE and how LOVE is the FULFILLING of God’s 10 commandments in those who BELIEVE and Follow God and casting off works of darkness putting on the armor of light and finishes with; Let us walk honestly,2 as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying. But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

Nope I do not see anything mentioned in the whole Chapter 13 dealing with your interpretation that Romans 14 is talking about God’s 4th Commandment. In fact it is a very brave move to even think it is referring to God’s 4th Commandment when it is not even mentioned and SIN is breaking any of God’s Commandments.

KNOWN SIN will keep all who practice it out of God’s Kingdom. God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

All Romans 14 is talking about is judging others in relation to food connected with Holy days and idolatry. No mention of God’s 4th Commandment whatsoever let alone it being abolished and we are commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day in its place.

continued.....

Does telling my neighbor that he must keep the Sabbath according to the law of Moses or he is guilty of sin before and will be punished do harm to my neighbor? Yes. Trying to put guilt and shame on your neither because he doesn't esteem Saturday the way you do is not love.

The 4th Commandment is God’s LAW not the law of Moses. It is God’s Word that says if anyone brakes any of the 10 Commandments they stand guilty before God in SIN. Why would it do harm to your neighbor if it leads your neighbor to REPENTANCE and CONFESSION of SIN in order to LOVE God?

SIN is the transgression of God’s LAW if any brake it they stand guilty before God in SIN. IT is SIN that will keep all who practice it OUT of God’s Kingdom. Is it not our duty of LOVE to God and our fellow man to preach the Gospel to help our fellow man to get ready for the Kingdom of Heaven?

Could I suggest you read Ezekiel 3:17-21?

If your neighbor is stealing or lying or involved in sexually immorality and the like then yes, he needs correction.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

You on the other have only quoted from Exodus 20:8-11 when asked to provide New Testament scriptures that teach us to keep the Sabbath according to Moses. If you cannot, please refrain from addressing me anymore with Old Testament scriptures about keeping the law of Moses to be justified.

Really JLB you must have missed post # 46 linked that was addressed to you showing the new testament scriptures on Jesus teaching us how to keep God’s Sabbath? No need to comment further take a look at the link.

The context of Romans 14 is certainly dealing with the Commandments. The Jerusalem Council. Not one word is mention or even hinted at about the Sabbath at the Jerusalem council in dealing with the law of Moses. For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things: that you abstain from things offered to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well. Acts 15:28-29 Again 13 And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses, 14 having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. 15 Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it.

Post # 70 is the latest with all the scriptures looking at all the versus and context for Romans 14
Acts 15 has also been addressed already in post # 5 and later again in post # 57 with scriptures. You may wish to have a read.

Did you have anything new to share?

Colossians 2:13-17 having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ. Same issue as in Romans 14 with the same contextual support involving the law of Moses. So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths.

See post # 13 linked for your ease of travel.

This is addressed already but I will look to make a more detailed thread discussion on this topic latter if I get some time.

…………………..

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

There is not one scripture in ALL of God's WORD that says God's 4th commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to worship God on Sunday in it's place.

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has lead many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

In times of ignorance God winks at but now calls all men every where to REPENT for the KINGDOM of HEAVEN is at HAND (Acts 17:30-31)

Hope this helps...

Rom 6:14b ... you are not under law but under grace.

Rom 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law, that every one who has faith may be justified.
Gal 3:23-26 Now before faith came, we were confined under the law, kept under restraint until faith should be revealed. So that the law was our custodian until Christ came, that we might be justified by faith. But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a custodian; for in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith.
Eph 2:14-15a For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances,...

Rom 13:8 Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.
Gal 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

I love those scriptures Jim some of my favourites thanks for sharing. :thumbsup

Hi JLB

I just want to say that this Sabbath question has always confused me a little.
Here's my dilemma:

I also don't agree with the Law of Moses. The laws of Moses were left outside of the Ark of the Covenant. The Laws of God were placed inside the Ark of the Covenant.
The Laws of God are the 10 commandments.

Many of the Laws of Moses were civil and ceremonial in nature and we are not required to follow those laws.

But the Sabbath, Saturday, is one of the 10 commandments. If Jesus fulfilled that commandment, then aren't all those who claim He fulfilled ALL the law correct? Then doesn't this mean we can break any of the 10?

Man changed the day to Sunday. Didn't he?
I'm not a legalist, as you know, and I won't debate this.
It does make me stop and think about it when it comes up.

And I do believe God will forgive us anything we did not understand.

I know how you feel about this so a response is not necessary.

Well what a pleasent surpise. Someone that knows God's Word and studies for herself. Very well said. God promises to be our teach under the NC, if we only seek him and ask him for his Spirit to teach us his Words. He promises and you shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free to LOVE him who first LOVED us. LOVE is the fulfilling of God's LAW in those who walk by FAITH in His SPIRIT by BELIEVING and FOLLOWING him.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Wondering concise and straigh to the point and a breath of fresh air.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts....

Good morning (my time) FHG,

Yes I have been to that site quite a few time. Thanks for the website information. It really makes no difference to, or decribles what the purpose is of God's LAW and the Mosaic laws written in the book of Moses.

It is very clear if you look at the scriptures, that God's LAW (10 commandments) and the Mosaic laws written in the book of Moses that TOGETHER make up the OLD COVENANT both have a DIFFERENT role and God asked Moses to keep them separated in the Ark of the Covernant for a reason. These reasons have already outlined with the scriptures in posts # 62 and 63 above.

Thanks for sharing though I enjoyed readnig your post. Very imformative :).

The whole purpose of Gods law is instruction in various forms or fashion of the intertwining of His children's obedience and relationship to Him. Each law is described within its purpose as each one is laid out in scripture. Jesus taught us the greatest of the laws being the one of love as Jesus said in Matthew 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

We have a hard time following the greatest commandment so how could anyone follow all 613.

The law and prophets need to be reestablished in the church as gentiles have been wo Jewish leadership for 1900 years and we tend to read and interpret only the NT without the foundation of the OT
The foundation is both OT prophets and NT apostles
Ephesians 2:20
But I believe this law... Will not be properly established in till the Jews are reestablished in their proper position in the church
Romans 11:23-24

Hi TT so nice to meet you here as well.

Why do you believe God's law and the prophets will not be establushed yet?

Do you not BELIEVE they are establsihed today by FAITH in God's WORD? Faith is the VICTORY that overcomes the world. You can have that VICTORY today (NOW) instantly.. When you BELIEVE GOD'S Word. Cliam it NOW its yours to claim. Jesus has given you this GIFT free of charge come buy it without money and without price. It is the GIFT of GOD to you when you BELIEVE.

RIGHTEOUSNESS is by FAITH in those who BELIEVE and FOLLOWE him who LOVES ALL. He bids us come and drink of the water of life freely...

The whole purpose of Gods law is instruction in various forms or fashion of the intertwining of His children's obedience and relationship to Him. Each law is described within its purpose as each one is laid out in scripture. Jesus taught us the greatest of the laws being the one of love as Jesus said in Matthew 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

We have a hard time following the greatest commandment so how could anyone follow all 613.

Nice post FHG,

This is the NC promise though and it does not need to be difficult. It is only by the LOVE of GOD written on the heart in those who BELIEVE by the operation of GOD that those who walk by FAITH are free to LOVE and FOLLOW him who calls them because they BELIEVE.

The purpose of God's LAW is to give us the KNOWLEDGE of SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS. (Good and Evil) It is our mirror that shows us who we are. SINNERS in need of SALVATION. As it is written; They that be whole need not a Physician but those who are sick; Go learn what that means. I have NOT come to call the RIGHTEOUS but SINNERS to REPENTANCE.

Jesus KNOWS we cannot save ourselves or that we have any RIGHTEOUSNESS. But has come to SAVE SINNERS dressed in our FILTHY Rags! What a wonderful GOD is our in that while we were YET SINNSERS Christ died for us!

Many do NOT know what this means however because they have LOST or broken their MIRROR and cannot find their WAY in darness when the Road is narrow....

May God bless you as you seek him through His Word.

Because the law will go forth from zion......
Isaiah 2:3
Micah 4:2
The fullness of the gentiles has not been completed and the remnant of Jews have not been restored......
Romans 11:25-26
Gentiles cannot be expected to keep all the law or rightly divide it since they havent kept it in 1900 years...
Many doctrines were lost with the falling away of the Jews and will take time to restore!!!!!!
"Hardening in part has happened to Israel"

Primarily Jewish believers have an understanding and can rightly divide the keeping of the law...because it has been their heritage for 4000 years since the days of Abraham......
I believe acccording to the scriptures this is there gift to bring the Law of Moses forward into the new covenant.....

From my experience gentile believers either throw out all the law are become prideful in keeping the law and dont seem to have a good grasp of it!!!!!!!!and throw out grace....
This is my conclusion after continual fellowship for 30 years with jewish and gentile churches and congregations who keep sabbath and feast days!!!!!
The Jewish believers I know seem to give more grace on the law than many of these gentile Christians who keep sabbath and law!!!!!

I believe acccording to the scriptures this is there gift to bring the Law of Moses forward into the new covenant.....
Scripture citation please.

The Law of Moses (AKA: Old Covenant) had the purpose of leading us to Christ.
That purpose has been achieved.
The law is no longer relevant.
Gal 3:24-25 Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.

So, there is absolutely no need bring the Law of Moses into the new covenant.
There is no reason to confuse Law and grace by trying to mix them like oil and water.

LAw of Moses was established as a temporary covenant because of the trangressions of Israel in the captivity of Egypt for 430 years.......
Galations 3:19
This was our taskmaster......it was a more steict punishment of transgressions than New Covenant or probably before Moses in the days of Abraham Isaac and Jacob

Because the punishments of the Law of Moses were anulled by Christ blood does not mean that the principles of the law were annulled.....ex: capital punishment for murder today in most countries.....!!!!
Galations 3:17-18
The Law precede Moses.....
Example: Sabbath, murder, land promise to Abraham.......
All principles in the law of Moses were were before and after Moses and continue today.....
AS Christ interpreted the Law for us to see....
The greatest commandment
Matthew 22:36-40

The other 603 were very definitely NOT "made by men."
See:
Exo 21:1ff “Now these are the judgments which you shall set before them:...
Exo 28:4ff “And these are the garments which they shall make:...
Exo 35:1ff Then Moses gathered all the congregation of the children of Israel together, and said to them, “These are the words which the LORD has commanded you to do:...
Lev 11:1-2ff Now the LORD spoke to Moses and Aaron, saying to them, “Speak to the children of Israel, saying, ‘These are the animals which you may eat among all the animals that are on the earth:...
Lev 23:1-2ff And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, “Speak to the children of Israel, and say to them: ‘The feasts of the LORD, which you shall proclaim to be holy convocations, these are My feasts....
Lev 26:46 These are the statutes and judgments and laws which the LORD made between Himself and the children of Israel on Mount Sinai by the hand of Moses....
Lev 27:34 These are the commandments which the LORD commanded Moses for the children of Israel on Mount Sinai.
Num 30:16 These are the statutes which the LORD commanded Moses, between a man and his wife, and between a father and his daughter in her youth in her father's house....
Num 36:13 These are the commandments and the judgments which the LORD commanded the children of Israel by the hand of Moses in the plains of Moab by the Jordan, across fromJericho.
Deu 6:1ff “Now this is the commandment, and these are the statutes and judgments which the LORD your God has commanded to teach you, that you may observe them in the land which you are crossing over to possess,...
Deu 29:1 These are the words of the covenant which the LORDcommanded Moses to make with the children of Israel in the land of Moab, besides the covenant which He made with them in Horeb.

The LORD gave those commands, statutes, regulations, etc. They are NOT the laws of any men.

iakov the fool
I don't know who is you authority but as per lif3 long Bible Student and long time Bible Teacher, Dr Knox Chamblin, all of the moral and dining law were written by the Jewish people from the fourth comandment.

Scripture citation please. The Law of Moses (AKA: Old Covenant) had the purpose of leading us to Christ. That purpose has been achieved. The law is no longer relevant. Gal 3:24-25 Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor. So, there is absolutely no need bring the Law of Moses into the covenant.
There is no reason to confuse Law and grace by trying to mix them like oil and water.

Hello Jim,

Yes there is many laws in the Torah but according to scritpure, the OLD Covenant laws were divided into (1) God's LAW (10 commandments) and the (2) Mosaic laws written in the book. God commanded Moses to keep these laws separated in the Ark of the Covenant that made up the Old Covenant.

God's LAW was written and made by God alone and nothing was to be added to it and the Mosaic law was made and written by Moses as directed by God in a book. God's LAW (10 commandments) was placed in the Ark of the Covenant. While the Mosaic book of the law was plaved in the side of the Ark of the covenant (Ex 32:16; 34:28; Deut 4:13; 10:4Romans 3:20, 1 John 3:4; Romans 7:7; Ps 119:172; James 2:8-12; Hebrews 8:10-12; Gal 3:24; Deut 5:22; Ex 34:28; Deut 4:13; 10:4Ecc 3:14; God's LAW; Ex 25:16; Deut 10:5; Ecc 3:14; Book of the law; Deut 31:26; Col 2:14-17).

It is true indeed that both God's LAW and the Mosaic laws written in the book of the covenant collectively have the 613 commands. This being said both Gods' LAW and the Mosaic laws for remission of sin have a different purpose.

The purpose of God's LAW written on stone and the Mosic laws written in the book

1) God’s Law
(10 commandments)
Purpose; reveals what sin and righteousness (Good and Evil) is and describes the penalty for sin (Romans 3:20; 1 John 3:4; Romans 6:23). It was never a cure for sin. But it was the work of God which is forever and the foundation of the Old Covenant, the New Covenant and the Judgement to come. (Exodus 32:16; Exodus 31:18; 31:18; Exodus 20:1-22; Deuteronomy 10:5; Romans 3:20; 1 John 3:4; Romans 6:23; Hebrews 7:19; Ecclesiastes 12:13-14, James 2:10-12, 1 John 3:4, Acts 17:31; Ps 111:7-8; Revelation 12:17; 14:12; 22:14; 1 John 3:5-8; 1 John 2:3-4; Ecclesiastes 3:14)

(2) The laws of Moses (Levitical, ceremonial, sacrificial)
Purpose; was the prescriptive cure for sin with all the Levitical and ceremonial laws, burnt offerings for sin, annual feast days foretelling the plan of salvation which were connected to Feast days with New Moon sabbaths, food and drink offerings and other Holy days. These where all types pointing to Jesus and the plan of salvation and provided a cure for sin through animal sacrifice and food and drink offerings and yearly sin atonement's for God’s people. (Leviticus 1:1-13; Leviticus 23:1-44; Numbers 28:1-31; 29:1-40; Deuteronomy 24:10-11; Exodus 24:3; Deuteronomy 31:24-26; Colossians 2:16-16; Hebrews 10:1; Ephesians 2:14-15; Leviticus 4; 5; 6; Hebrews 4:14; 9;10; John 1:29; not exhaustive there are many more).

Why were the ceremonial laws of Moses (handwriting of ordinances) nailed to the cross and shadows of things to come......

Jesus was our true sacrifice for our sins and the Savior of the world that the ceremonial laws of Moses all pointed to. When Jesus came and died the old Covenant laws of Moses that pointed to Jesus and the plan of salvation was fulfilled (John 1:29; 36; Revelation 5:6; 1 Corinthians 5:6-7; Hebrews 8:2-13; 9:1-28). Jesus is our true Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world and our sacrifice for our sins. It is our sins as well as the ceremonial laws of Moses that were nailed to the cross at the death of Jesus (Colossians 2:14; Ephesians 2:15; John 3:16).

So just as the Mosaic laws for remission of SIN are have a difference purpose to God's Law (10 commandments) they are all temporary Shadows because they were all pointing to Jesus. While God's Law is not temporary they are the manifestation of the Character of God through LOVE.

continued....

Last edited:
GODS LAW (10 commandments) ARE FOREVER

The Law of God (10 commandments) which includes the 4th commandment is the work of God (Exodus 32:16) whatsoever God does is forever nothing can be added to it or taken away (Ecclesiastes 3:14).
God's Law is perfect converting the soul (Psalms 19:7).
It is the very standard of the Old and New Covenants (Exodus 20:1:17, Hebrews 8:10-12).
God's Law was spoken by God himself to His people (Exodus 20:1-22). Jesus says Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away (Matthew 25:35).
Gods Law is still in force today (Psalms 111:7-8, Revelation 12:17, 14:12, 22:14, 1 John 3:5-8, 1 John 2:3-4 etc.).
The Law of God reveals sin to us so we can see ourselves as we truly are sinners in need of a Saviour (Romans 3:20; 1 John 3:4).
It is the great standard of the judgement (Ecclesiastes 12:13-14, James 2:10-12, 1 John 3:4, Acts 17:31).
God's Law is our teacher revealing sin and the character of God and brings us to Christ at the foot of the cross that we might be saved by faith by Him who loves us and washed us in His own blood (Galatians 3:24; Revelation 1:5).
Jesus came not to abolish the law, but to fulfil it ( Matt 5:17-20 ).

The law is the embodiment of truth that instructs ( Rom 2:18-19 ).

It is "holy" and "spiritual, " making sin known to us by defining it; therefore, Paul delights in it ( Romans 7:7-14 Romans 7:22 ).

The law is good if used properly ( 1 Tim 1:8 ), and is not opposed to the promises of God ( Gal 3:21 ). Faith does not make the law void, but the Christian establishes the law ( Rom 3:31 ), fulfilling its requirements by walking according to the Spirit ( Rom 8:4 ) through love ( Rom 13:10 ).

You cannot know the power of God or the Gospel of Grace without the 10 commandments. If there is NO LAW then you do not know what SIN is (James 2:11; Romans 7:7; Romans 3:20; 1 John 3:4). If you do not know what SIN is you have NO need of a Savior. If you have NO need of a Savior you have NO Salvation. If you have NO Salvation you are LOST because it is written.

Romans 2:12, For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law

Yes Christ is the end of the LAW not meaning God's LAW (10 commandments) is ABOLISHED because if God's LAW was abolished there would be NO KNOWLEDGE of SIN (Romans 3:20) If there was no knowledge of SIN there would be no need for a Savior as no one would know they are SINNERS. IF we have no need of a Savior then we have no salvation. If we have NO Salvation then we are LOST and still IN our SINS.

What the scripture is talking about is that God's LAW brings us to Jesus. It shows us who we are because God's LAW is the standard of SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS. It is the KNOWLEDGE of Good and Evil. It shows us that we are ALL SINNERS in need of a Savior and as the scriptures say.......

God's LAW is our school master that leads us to Christ that we might be justified by FAITH that is the meaning of Christ being the END of the LAW it means the God's LAW brings the SINNER to the CROSS

You cannot separate God's LAW (10 commandments) from GRACE the one leads to the other.

GOD'S LAW (10 commandments) KNOWLEDGE of SIN >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> CHRIST (end)

Christ is the END of the LAW the one leads to the other. The scripture does NOT say God's LAW is abolished which is how you are interpreting it.

There is a mountain of scripture presented in these two posts hope you can pray about them.

There is not one scripture in ALL of God's WORD that says God's 4th commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to worship God on Sunday in it's place.

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has lead many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

In times of ignorance God winks at but now calls all men every where to REPENT for the KINGDOM of HEAVEN is at HAND (Acts 17:30-31)

Hope this helps...

This is not an easy doctrine as extremes can easily stepped in......
1. To cut off the OT and say it is not inspired or less inpired is heresy and should be avoided
2. To justify your salvation by law keeping is also heresy.....

The apostles came to the same conclusion in Acts 15...as gentiles were coming into the Chrurch
I believe there is grace and patience in these issues as the moving of Gods Spirit inlightens the gentiles to the purpose of the Law and what may have been lost that needs to be restored from the falling away of the Jews in the 1st century!!!!!!

I don't know who is you authority but as per lif3 long Bible Student and long time Bible Teacher, Dr Knox Chamblin, all of the moral and dining law were written by the Jewish people from the fourth comandment.
If you had looked into those cited passages, (and they are not exhaustive) you would have found that, in every case, the laws, regulations, ordinances, etc. were all given by God.
I don't know who Dr. Knox Chamblin might be but the scriptures say that GOD gave those commands, not Moses or any other man.
Read them and see for yourself.

Last edited:

I know the moral laws, being part of the 613, that still stand today as when Moses was giving them to the Jews he would usually say as God commands.

Not sure what you mean by Dr Knox Chamblin's moral and dining law teachings. Do you have a list of them or possibly a website I could check out? thank you

Last edited:
LAw of Moses was established as a temporary covenant because of the trangressions of Israel in the captivity of Egypt for 430 years.......Galations 3:19
Gal 3:19 What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was appointed through angels by the hand of a mediator.
There is no reference to the transgressions of Israel in the captivity of Egypt in that verse.
You have gone beyond what was written and added your own thoughts to the scripture. (that's a "no-no")
The Law precede Moses.....
That is false.
"The Law" refers specifically to the Law given to Moses.
It is a specific set of documents.
The concepts which may have already existed are not the same thing as the set of documents we refer to as "The Law of Moses."
AS Christ interpreted the Law for us to see....The greatest commandment
Matthew 22:36-40
Christ did not come to "interpret the Law"; He came to fulfill the Law.
Mat 5:17 Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill.
The passage you cited was Jesus response to a scribe's attempt to entrap Him so as to have cause to condemn Him.
Jesus teaching to His disciples (among whom we are numbered) was:
Jhn 13:34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
Having fulfilled the Law of Moses, Jesus gave us the commandment to love one another as well as our neighbor and even our enemies.
Paul clarifies the importance of love.
Rom 13:9-10 The commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not covet, and whatever other command there may be, are summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

Jesus gave three commandments.
Love one another
and
Mat 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.
and
Mat 28:19-20a Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you...

As Christians, it is our responsibility (duty) to obey our Lord. We do not attempt to keep the Law of Moses because it is impossible to do so. That was its purpose; to demonstrate the impossibility of living sinless; of being a "good person." And when we fail, ..."we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (1Jo 1:9)

Jesus, by His death and resurrection has destroyed the power of Satan which he had because the Law convicted us of sin and the wages of sin is death. Now there is no condemnation of those who are in Christi Jesus. (Ro 8:1)

Gal 3:13-14 Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree” that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Christians have nothing to do with the Law of Moses.

This is my experience of reason why God gave the sabbath...
As a foreshadowing of the rest in Christ
Hebrews 5:8-11

Even the food laws are good...
I have seen people in middle East healthy living to 90 and beyond...
If we would just follow the law of cutting out animal fat we would love 20 years longer.....
Both my grandfather and father in law died at age 70....they ate a lot of food...cooked in pig and animal fat.....

If we would keep Sabbath
We would understand why God gave it
Connect with our Jewish brethren
Shadow of our heavenly rest
Hebrews 5:4-5
Help to cut out workaholism and therefore coveting.......

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back