Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Jesus the cartoon

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
You're not really surprised, are you? Too many indignant supporters. Too many Christians without a pulse not motivated to make their voice heard.

The sad thing is, I'm afraid in 10 years, we'll be looking back at South Park like we do The Simpsons. Whatever is around then will make SP look like they showed restraint. :shame

mjjcb said:
You're not really surprised, are you? Too many indignant supporters. Too many Christians without a pulse not motivated to make their voice heard.

The sad thing is, I'm afraid in 10 years, we'll be looking back at South Park like we do The Simpsons. Whatever is around then will make SP look like they showed restraint. :shame
scary thought. look the song push it by salt and peppah. that is considered lame now, but that was quite the contraversy now.

to quote GK.chesterton" we have now educated ourselves into imbellicity"

freeway said:
http://livefeed.hollywoodreporter.com/2010/05/comedy-central-developing-jesus-christ-cartoon-series.html
This is how the world see's our Savior, as a joke, I bet they won't make one about Mohammad. :mad
Fatwa when it comes to mahomet. Then they must find an easier target, one without immediate consequences. To walk around without a head is most uncomfortable. Not that I've tried it. :)

freeway said:
http://livefeed.hollywoodreporter.com/2010/05/comedy-central-developing-jesus-christ-cartoon-series.html
This is how the world see's our Savior, as a joke, I bet they won't make one about Mohammad. :mad
They already have. Dude, seriously, they make jokes about every religion. It's best not to prance around in the "victim" costume. South Park has received death threats from Muslim extremists (not all Muslims, because many Muslims know better than to freak out over a cartoon).
They. Are. Just. Jokes. I'm a woman, and I make and laugh at jokes that make fun of women sometimes. I'm white, and I make and laugh at jokes that make fun of white people sometimes. Etc. What you have to do is cool off, remember that it's just a joke, and move on with your life.

mjjcb said:

I'm not surprised either. In fact I saw that episode of South Park, as I am a big fan (but I try not to watch those episodes) and it did not put Jesus (or any religious leader for that matter) in a positive light at all.

Back