Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

John MacArthur UNFIT to be a Minister Of the Bible!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Can you clarify?

Do Christians fall into sin?
For this thread , topic, subject, it is not whether "Christians" fall into sin.
For that topic, most Christians, so-called, on earth, sin without repentance every day, sinning more and not less, and are encouraged to do so secretly or publicly for many centuries.

Clarify ? Answer me this:
I don't know if anyone posted the teaching(s) of jm that is/are/ false - but if you find out that one of the things (or more) that you believed that he taught is false, what would you do then ? Would you continue sinning instead of repenting ?

At one time in my brief life of being a Christian (19 years?), I thought I had the calling to the Pastorate, to make a long story short. I was in Gadsden, Alabama and a Baptist church was looking for a Pastor. For some reason or other I was asked to preach/teach the congregation.
It was no accident you were asked to preach . I live 20 minutes from Gadsden .
I was scared out of my mind, because I cannot convey thoughts and ideas through speech, or so I thought.
Ahh yes but it was not through your power only the Word would come forth as you found out !
The day came and I went to the pulpit with pages of notes, I preached over an hour and when I was done they were shocked because they (Baptist) have never heard anyone preach like that before. I did not stick around for more then a few minutes to here the comments and promptly almost ran throught the front door.
Tell me this , did you refer to your notes very often or did the words just flow ?
I reflected on that moment in time and remembered what the Lord said in John 14:26 “But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you. I also recalled moses and his stutterin issues. As I have seen from my own life being a Pastor was not my calling and I was self-deceived in that gift.
Have you ever thought God could be calling you to be a Preacher of God's word and not a pastor ?

I disagree with JM on many things, but these are in areas where Christians have always disagreed. I consider JM and his church to be honest servants of Jesus Christ. Its expected faithful Christians will be attacked, just as Christ was, without true cause.

It was no accident you were asked to preach . I live 20 minutes from Gadsden .

Ahh yes but it was not through your power only the Word would come forth as you found out !

Tell me this , did you refer to your notes very often or did the words just flow ?

Have you ever thought God could be calling you to be a Preacher of God's word and not a pastor ?

It was a flow like a river down a mountainside. i did refere to what I had highlighted now and then if I recall.

I believe we are all called to be a preacher of the Word.

Grace and peace to you.

For this thread , topic, subject, it is not whether "Christians" fall into sin.
For that topic, most Christians, so-called, on earth, sin without repentance every day, sinning more and not less, and are encouraged to do so secretly or publicly for many centuries.

Clarify ? Answer me this:
I don't know if anyone posted the teaching(s) of jm that is/are/ false - but if you find out that one of the things (or more) that you believed that he taught is false, what would you do then ? Would you continue sinning instead of repenting ?
So, really not an answer at all.

You said "so-called" Christians.

I believe we are all called to be a preacher of the Word.
In a way yes , but not behind a pulpit in front of a congregation :) .

Well sometimes on top of the pulpit .
large.jpg

I agree that we are to follow Christ.

He did give us Pastors as Shepherds as well.

It seems that I come off as a follower of pastors ad theologians, and I am.

I understand most Christians frown on this and think it is not good for me to do. My authority is the word of God of which I read and study more than listening to sermons of Pastors.

It is no just Macarthur and Begg I listen to and read.

Just to name a few.

Martyn Lloyd Jones
Spurgeon
S. Lewis Johnson
James Boice
Steve Lawson
John Owen
John Calvin
John Frame
Louis Sperry Chafer

So if "following" these men is wrong in the eyes of other Christians, then I am in the wrong in their eyes.

Ultimately the only thing that matters to me is that the Lord knows my heart and motives. My conscience is clear.

Jeremiah 17:10 “I, Yahweh, search the heart; I test the inmost being, Even to give to each man according to his ways, According to the fruit of his deeds.

Psalm 139:23-24 Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me and know my anxious thoughts; And see if there be any hurtful way in me, And lead me in the everlasting way.

Begg is the best around here. Parkside is a very large chruch. I have issues with a ton of people in a setting, but I can overcome these issues by through the Lord.
Jones has a deep charismatic lean .

John MacArthur's behavior is TOTALLY UNBIBLICAL! He and his church are TOTALLY WRONG!

A DISGRACE to the Body of the Lord Jesus Christ!

"David Gray, once a teacher on staff at the church, went on to be sentenced for his crimes in 2005: aggravated child molestation, corporal injury to a child, and child abuse. Witnesses and victims backed his wife’s account of the abusive behavior, while church leaders continued to defend him, according to court documents referenced and posted with the March 2022 Roys Report article. David Gray remains in prison"

Grace Community Church Rejected Elder’s Calls to ‘Do Justice’ in Abuse Case
Antagonistic saboteurs like you are contributing to the public's eroding trust in the church and the decline of Christianity. Why don't you post a thread to blast the real enemies within the body of Christ, the Joel Osteens, the Russel Moores, the Brian Hustons and all the false teachers whose behavior and teachings are verifiably unbiblical? Why don't you expose those who put a drag queen at the pulpit, who throw the bible around like a football? Instead, you choose to slander against one of the few decent servants of God who still stand for biblical truths and principles, I'm ashamed of you.

Antagonistic saboteurs like you are contributing to the public's eroding trust in the church and the decline of Christianity. Why don't you post a thread to blast the real enemies within the body of Christ, the Joel Osteens, the Russel Moores, the Brian Hustons and all the false teachers whose behavior and teachings are verifiably unbiblical? Why don't you expose those who put a drag queen at the pulpit, who throw the bible around like a football? Instead, you choose to slander against one of the few decent servants of God who still stand for biblical truths and principles, I'm ashamed of you.

WHY only attack those who are OBVIOUSLY heretical in their teachings?

It is those like John MacArthur, Alistair Begg, etc, who are supposed to be "pillars" in the Evangelical Church, who do teach what is clearly UNBIBLICAL, like the important homosexual/trans issues, which are DEMONIC TO THE CORE!

You trying to justify, or minimize what these, and others of the "Evangelicals" say on these issues, actually say? IS is Biblically right, and edifying for truly Bible-believing Christians, to say that we can attend a "trans wedding", and take a gift? And, it is not a sin to bake a cake for a "homosexual wedding"? Both are an ABOMINATION to the HOLY GOD of the Bible, and from the devil himself!

It is people like you who put these preachers on a pedestal, and disregard when they teach BLATANT HERESY, who are those who COMPROMISE what God says in His Infallible Word!

It is YOU who should be VERY ASHAMED for supporting what these say!!!

WHY only attack those who are OBVIOUSLY heretical in their teachings?

It is those like John MacArthur, Alistair Begg, etc, who are supposed to be "pillars" in the Evangelical Church, who do teach what is clearly UNBIBLICAL, like the important homosexual/trans issues, which are DEMONIC TO THE CORE!

You trying to justify, or minimize what these, and others of the "Evangelicals" say on these issues, actually say? IS is Biblically right, and edifying for truly Bible-believing Christians, to say that we can attend a "trans wedding", and take a gift? And, it is not a sin to bake a cake for a "homosexual wedding"? Both are an ABOMINATION to the HOLY GOD of the Bible, and from the devil himself!

It is people like you who put these preachers on a pedestal, and disregard when they teach BLATANT HERESY, who are those who COMPROMISE what God says in His Infallible Word!

It is YOU who should be VERY ASHAMED for supporting what these say!!!
If you're so full of righteous indignation, you think you're greater than those "pillars", go challenge the trans activists, go challenge the Palestine supporters, go challenge the big tech, go challenge the real abominations, don't beat your own fellow servants, a house divided against itself cannot stand. Show me when did John MacArthur ever promote trans or gay wedding. That's not the original charge in your OP, you're accusing somebody in his church, not him or any of his teachings. And for the record I never mentioned Alistair Begg, I have no idea who he is.

Last edited:
If you think you're righteous, you're greater than those "pillars", go challenge the trans activists, go challenge the Palestine supporters, go challenge the big tech, go challenge the real abominations, don't beat your own fellow servants, a house divided against itself cannot stand. Show me when did John MacArthur ever promote trans or gay wedding. That's not the original charge in your OP. And for the record I never mentioned Alistair Begg, I have no idea who he is.

This ENDORSES a "wedding" of same sex, which is AGAINST the Inspired Word of God!

To bake a cake, is to CELEBRATE this DEMONIC ceremony!

Don't try to distract from the TRUTH, by your silly comments!

I will not respond to you anymore

This ENDORSES a "wedding" of same sex, which is AGAINST the Inspired Word of God!

To bake a cake, is to CELEBRATE this DEMONIC ceremony!

Don't try to distract from the TRUTH, by your silly comments!

I will not respond to you anymore
Then don't bake any cake, don't eat one either. Judge not, lest you be judged.

JM attacks Begg for his wrong advice to the woman on a trans "wedding", and YET he says that it is NOT A SIN to bake a cake for a homosexual "wedding", Pastor John MacArthur Answers: Is It Sinful to Provide Services for a Gay Wedding?

RANY HYPOCRISY!
Hate is the greater sin. We are not to judge those outside the church. We are to treat them as we would want someone to treat us. Baking a cake for anyone is NOT sinful. I know my Lord. Forbidden sex acts in the law qualifies as sexual immorality. The church should hold to these hard truths within the body of Christ and people will have to make their own choice who they will follow. God or the world.

Hate is the greater sin.
You know the cliche, "hate the sin but love the sinner." If you love a sinner and care about them, you must hate the sin, for sin is destructive. What's really despicable is to hate the sinner but love the sin, that's what hypocrites do, and Jesus hated hypocrisy more than anything else.

Your answer makes me thankful that Jesus is the one who judges.

Ephesians 5:11-17
[11]And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them.
[12]For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret.
[13]But all things that are exposed are made manifest by the light, for whatever makes manifest is light.
[14]Therefore He says: “Awake, you who sleep, Arise from the dead, And Christ will give you light.” Walk in Wisdom
[15]See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise,
[16]redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
[17]Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is.

Back