Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Judas called the son of perdition

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

precepts

My question is why is Judas called the son of perdition when everywhere else in the bible it refers to the anti-christ/Beast? The bible says Satan entered into Judas at the last supper. Could that be Satan giving his power to the beast?

Why is Judas called the "son of perdition"? :study

WOW NICE CATCH... that is interesting... hmmm.... :chin
I'm wondering if Judas is also a symbol or type of betrayer that would occur in the future?
I'm wondering if the church is compared to like the twelve apostles or the twelve tribes and one of them goes into betrayal.

precepts said:
Vic's
I don't know, but I find only four references to antichrist in Scripture.
For real? :help
I want to see where this topic is heading. It could be interesting, so I don't want to derail the thread... so early anyway! :biggrin My comment was purely acedemic. but I'll answer;

(1 John 2:18 KJV) Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

(1 John 2:22 KJV) Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

(1 John 4:3 KJV) And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

(2 John 1:7 KJV) For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

I must assume you're calling me a liar, vic. Try the Blue Letter Bible search for the sake of the other thread readers. :thumb

archangel's
WOW NICE CATCH... that is interesting... hmmm....
I'm wondering if Judas is also a symbol or type of betrayer that would occur in the future?
I'm wondering if the church is compared to like the twelve apostles or the twelve tribes and one of them goes into betrayal.
Why? :)

precepts said:
archangel's
WOW NICE CATCH... that is interesting... hmmm....
Why? :)

It seems interesting that the "son of perdition" is mentioned in 2 Thessalonians 2 where it is talking about Satan arising in the temple of God and the "falling away" that occurs at that time.

Maybe it's a little far fetched though.
But this is the only other place in scripture that I'm aware of which talks about "son of perdition".

the son of perdition is the body of people who depart from God to return to their sins and lusts of their flesh- going back from salvation, into perdition.

Then because they did not have a love for truth but had pleasure in unrightousness they become inhabited by the spirit of apollyon from the pit - this is the mystery of iniquity.

Just as Christ is to be manifest in us to the world shining His light and conforming us into His holy Image, so too this wicked spirit will enter all these who fall away and bring darkness to the earth and conform them into the image of wickedness.

God will send them strong delusion because they did not love the truth but loved the lusts of their flesh.

These will depart from us and fall away. Remember that WE are the temple of God. These people sit amoung us hidden for now, they are growing up with us but it is not yet seen what they really are. That they feed the lusts of their flesh in private. Just as judas was a thief of the brethern and stole from the common purse- just like esau sold his birthright for meat, just like cain hated his brother because his sacrifice was of the world, just like balaam loved the wages of unrightousness and betrayed Gods people because of it- too these too sit in the temple of God- the body of Christ, and defile their temples. Those who do this God says he will destroy. They sit at love feasts with us but inwardly are ravenous wolves.

In the end times they will fall away and depart from us which will reveal- or make manifest- that they are not of us, that they are antichrist and they will be conformed into the image of their father the devil while the Lord is conforming us into the image of His Son Jesus Christ!

GodspromisesRyes said:
the son of perdition is the body of people who depart from God to return to their sins and lusts of their flesh- going back from salvation, into perdition.

Then because they did not have a love for truth but had pleasure in unrightousness they become inhabited by the spirit of apollyon from the pit - this is the mystery of iniquity.

Just as Christ is to be manifest in us to the world shining His light and conforming us into His holy Image, so too this wicked spirit will enter all these who fall away and bring darkness to the earth and conform them into the image of wickedness.

God will send them strong delusion because they did not love the truth but loved the lusts of their flesh.

These will depart from us and fall away. Remember that WE are the temple of God. These people sit amoung us hidden for now, they are growing up with us but it is not yet seen what they really are. That they feed the lusts of their flesh in private. Just as judas was a thief of the brethern and stole from the common purse- just like esau sold his birthright for meat, just like cain hated his brother because his sacrifice was of the world, just like balaam loved the wages of unrightousness and betrayed Gods people because of it- too these too sit in the temple of God- the body of Christ, and defile their temples. Those who do this God says he will destroy. They sit at love feasts with us but inwardly are ravenous wolves.

In the end times they will fall away and depart from us which will reveal- or make manifest- that they are not of us, that they are antichrist and they will be conformed into the image of their father the devil while the Lord is conforming us into the image of His Son Jesus Christ!

Yeah that sounds right. :thumb
:yes

Shilohsfoal said:
He that dippeth his hand in the dish with me shall betray me.

Now that is too funny! when i ended my post that was the last thing on my mind to type but i left it out :) i guess cause it was for you to add! amen

precepts said:
My question is why is Judas called the son of perdition when everywhere else in the bible it refers to the anti-christ/Beast? The bible says Satan entered into Judas at the last supper. Could that be Satan giving his power to the beast?

Why is Judas called the "son of perdition"? :study
Satan is a precept. Satan is the [opposition/oppose/accuser.] Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God...

Satan (Hebrew: ???????? ha-Satan ("the accuser"); Persian "sheytân"; Arabic: ??????? ash-Shay??n ("the adversary") - both from the Semitic root: ?-?-N) is an embodiment of antagonism that originates from the Abrahamic religions, being traditionally considered a "fallen" angel/messenger in Judeo-Christian belief, and a Jinn in Islamic belief. Originally, the term was used as a title for various entities that challenged the religious faith of humans in the Hebrew Bible.

here is a thought to ponder:

what does it truly mean to shew yourself to be a god?We often think this means one man will stand up and say " i am messiah i am god" but we know that there are many false christs jesus said.

I think the answer in the case of 2 thess 2 is much more clearly shown in scripture:

What was the first lie to entice men to listen to the devil and follow him?

Gen 3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

they show themselves to be god sitting in the temple of God(body of beleivers!) because they heed the devils lie to partake and know good and evil. We are warned of them that they had not the love for the truth

2Th 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

They make themselves God by taking pleasure in the tree of the knowledge of good and evil- and with that they thumb their nose at God and us and they put their own lusts above the truth of the Lord and above the needs of the brethern so that they betray us both.

archangel's
[quote:86skmbqd]precepts wrote:
Yeah, like whole wheat communion bread.

If that's the case show us the unleavened bread.[/quote:86skmbqd] I'll do better than that, Julius Ceasar was the 1st Pontiff Maximus (63 B.C.), elected by a college of pontiffs (priests) who were responsible for the roman calendar, feastdays, etc.. :study

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back