Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Just a question, would like your opinions.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

susanna

Hello everyone. I just wanted to ask a question of fellow Christians.

The church I have been going to has a new website, and there is a picture of the church with a large rainbow over it. What would you think/do? It's a gay symbol, and though I don't hate homosexuals, I don't really like the idea of this on the website of a church I attend. (Can't they just attend the church like the rest of us - do they have to sort of claim it as their own?) I'm think I'm going to join another church, though it will be difficult for me. Thanks for any input. God bless.

Until just a few seconds ago I did not know a rainbow had any significance other than a reminder of a covenant of God. Maybe I live a sheltered life.

Because gay folks claim something does not make it theirs.

The rainbow came from God.. a promise ... If my church was using the rainbow to attract gays i would leave the church.. If they are using it because of the promise of God tht is a different story.

Gay folks need salvation as all us sinners do/did... While i can grasp gays needing salvation they also need to know their life style is not in Line with God, can they grasp that. I would not want to have a church open to hetro couples living together ether. Is the rainbow there to trick these folks? i sure hope not..

Hello everyone. I just wanted to ask a question of fellow Christians.

The church I have been going to has a new website, and there is a picture of the church with a large rainbow over it. What would you think/do? It's a gay symbol, and though I don't hate homosexuals, I don't really like the idea of this on the website of a church I attend. (Can't they just attend the church like the rest of us - do they have to sort of claim it as their own?) I'm think I'm going to join another church, though it will be difficult for me. Thanks for any input. God bless.

I fail to see why this bothers you to the point of even thinking about withdrawing your membership unless you know of an underlying problem the church you attend already has. If there is no problem you are aware of, quite frankly you come across as silly, petty, and yes, somewhat prejudiced.

So I'm guessing that you mean that your church has accepted the homosexual lifestyle in to the church? Today, even if you're post, Christians have to defend their stance on this issue, clarifying we do not "hate" them. Today the issue fueled by a variety of issues, but so called Christians have caused a divide by turning away from God's word and turning it to fit them. We are not to do this, this is why God gave us the bible. To judge according to the scripture. Some churches today have forgotten Romans 12:2, we are not to conform to the world. I wish the best, as it would be very painful to leave a church. I couldn't imagine trying to find a new one, but in this case I wouldn't have a choice. Wish you the best no matter what you choose. God bless.

It's a rainbow people!! A freakin' rainbow is all it is, stop the insanity, geesh!! I find this whole issue to be a non issue because it's not as if there is a depiction of a homosexual act being flaunted, again, IT"S A RAINBOW!
Homosexuals wear shoes and are often highly fashionable. Does that mean that Christians should be shoeless folks badly in need of makeovers? I find this to be extremely silly on so many levels.

I fail to see why this bothers you to the point of even thinking about withdrawing your membership unless you know of an underlying problem the church you attend already has. If there is no problem you are aware of, quite frankly you come across as silly, petty, and yes, somewhat prejudied.
As a single female, I do not want to be identified with a gay church and it is not "petty and silly". Yes I'm prejudiced against people whose identity is "I'm homosexual" first and foremost and wave their flag about it and want to force me to accept them. We don't need to know that about them, we just don't. When you meet someone, are their sexual practices the first thing they tell you about themselves? Homosexuals are all about the world. Christians are not to be of the world. I'm leaving that church. Thanks for answers. :wave

Susanna, is it actually catering to homosexuals, or is it trying to reclaim the rainbow for God?

I don't blame you for leaving the church if it is accepting the homosexual lifestyle. There is currently a huge upset within the PCUSA (Presbyterian Church USA) because the session leaders voted to allow homosexuals to be ordained. Many, many churches are leaving that denomination for that reason.

Verify that someone just didn't put it up there out of ignorance (not realizing the homosexual community has taken the symbol for themselves) and that they are promoting that lifestyle. It could be they are using it as God's symbol, but also to entice the homosexuals to come to God as well.

Susanna, is it actually catering to homosexuals, or is it trying to reclaim the rainbow for God?

I don't blame you for leaving the church if it is accepting the homosexual lifestyle. There is currently a huge upset within the PCUSA (Presbyterian Church USA) because the session leaders voted to allow homosexuals to be ordained. Many, many churches are leaving that denomination for that reason.

Verify that someone just didn't put it up there out of ignorance (not realizing the homosexual community has taken the symbol for themselves) and that they are promoting that lifestyle. It could be they are using it as God's symbol, but also to entice the homosexuals to come to God as well.

No, as far as I know it's not "catering" to homosexuals. But honestly, I just don't trust them. Might as well tell you, it's Catholic, and I think a great percentage of priests are gay and have damaged the church very much. They are probably celibate, chaste, but still gay, and didn't ST. Paul say they had no grace? I just can't trust my church anymore.

Wow. This is the nonnest of non-issues. You went from "thinking you'd find another church" to "I'm leaving that church" all in a day. I don't think I'd ever want to get to a point in my life when I couldn't see a rainbow without thinking "gay". I really think, unless there is much more to the story than you say, you are making something out of nothing. :shrug

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back