Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] just because you're paranoid...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
...doesn't mean they're not out to get you. Seriously. I dunno what to think. I park my car out front, under a big holly tree. My dad had some loose stones put in semi-recently to make the driveway (my parents use an old detached carport) prettier. I've had several flat tires fairly recently...because of nails in the tire. 2 resulted in me having to get new tires. A couple flats have been patched. I just got another one.

My neighbors keep talking about getting me sent to jail, prison, etc. I've had this pop up in windows that says something about another device on the network having the same ip address as my computer a couple times now. What does that mean? My dad has a password on our connection, but...wow. I'm kinda creeped out.

The sheer level of open hatred and ridicule towards me is a bit much. A while back, some redneck lady over at the neighbors yelled out "gettin' too big for his britches; send him to prison!"

I dunno. My dad hired an attorney for when that ex-shrink tried to get me sent to prison. I have a misdemeanor w/ lots of probation. If it hadn't been for the attorney, I'd be somewhere terrible, for a while (fyi: when shrinks come after patients, the patients generally don't fare well).

I'm...well, nervous. Not as nervous as I would have been a while back, but...nervous. People have been in the yard. Happened last night. That or that same set of neighbors was up and at 'em at 2ish in the morning, blasting music.

I'm considered "mentally ill." The only time my parents ever listened to me about all this was when one dude next door was laughing like a crazed hyena, so loud, and we were in my downstairs room with a window open for ventilation. I told them then that he had been harassing me. I don't think it sank in.

People around here are crazy, I'm telling you. I'm supposedly "mentally ill," and they're being ridiculous. To make it worse...I filed a medical board complaint against a shrink (the one who later tried to send me to prison), and a bunch of people who had (mis)treated me got subpoenas for my records. Surprise, surprise; people yell stuff from my records, past and present, at me. I subpoena'd one local counselor who seems to have a serious problem with me. I didn't like his methods, so I stopped going to him. He diagnosed me "Oppositional Defiant Disorder" (ODD...at age 20!) and also told people that I was a promiscuous, masochistic drug addicted narcissist who "would do anything for a prescription." I was poor at the time, so I couldn't do anything to stop the rumors. Actually...come to think of it...its hard for any "patient" to stop rumors coming from "professionals."

Sound crazy? You'd be crazy, too, if you were considered a "trouble maker" and punished accordingly.

Ugh. I just don't know what to do. Lying liars and the lies they tell!!!!!!

Please pray that my situation improves and that I can bear up under it. Advice is also greatly appreciated. :)

Praying for you brother. To think that Jesus died for them huh? Wait just a minute here; He did the same for us that didn't deserve it either. I wonder at all the Apostle suffered to exhibit the grace he received, and Jesus even said in
Act 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he (Paul, and maybe even C.E. huh) is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:
Act 9:16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

And on top of all this can you even imagine Paul saying in 1 Cor 11:1, Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ. Have you an idea what this consists of?
2 Cor 11:23 Are they ministers of Christ? (I speak as a fool) I am more; in labours more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequent, in deaths oft.
2 Cor 11:24 Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one.
2Co 11:25 Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;
2 Cor 11:26 In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren;
2 Cor 11:27 In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness.
2 Cor 11:28 Beside those things that are without, that which cometh upon me daily, the care of all the churches.
2 Cor 11:29 Who is weak, and I am not weak? who is offended, and I burn not?
2 Cor 11:30 If I must needs glory, I will glory of the things which concern mine infirmities.
:wave2

Wise post, Eugene.

I've taken to praying for my enemies often. Now, I can name some of them. I've also been praying on my lil angry, wrath issue that I think feeds the paranoia and self-isolation.

Ugh. We're all fairly nasty messes, aren't we? I mean, before and/or without Christ?

Thanks again. :)

...doesn't mean they're not out to get you. Seriously. I dunno what to think. I park my car out front, under a big holly tree. My dad had some loose stones put in semi-recently to make the driveway (my parents use an old detached carport) prettier. I've had several flat tires fairly recently...because of nails in the tire. 2 resulted in me having to get new tires. A couple flats have been patched. I just got another one.

My neighbors keep talking about getting me sent to jail, prison, etc. I've had this pop up in windows that says something about another device on the network having the same ip address as my computer a couple times now. What does that mean? My dad has a password on our connection, but...wow. I'm kinda creeped out.

The sheer level of open hatred and ridicule towards me is a bit much. A while back, some redneck lady over at the neighbors yelled out "gettin' too big for his britches; send him to prison!"

I dunno. My dad hired an attorney for when that ex-shrink tried to get me sent to prison. I have a misdemeanor w/ lots of probation. If it hadn't been for the attorney, I'd be somewhere terrible, for a while (fyi: when shrinks come after patients, the patients generally don't fare well).

I'm...well, nervous. Not as nervous as I would have been a while back, but...nervous. People have been in the yard. Happened last night. That or that same set of neighbors was up and at 'em at 2ish in the morning, blasting music.

I'm considered "mentally ill." The only time my parents ever listened to me about all this was when one dude next door was laughing like a crazed hyena, so loud, and we were in my downstairs room with a window open for ventilation. I told them then that he had been harassing me. I don't think it sank in.

People around here are crazy, I'm telling you. I'm supposedly "mentally ill," and they're being ridiculous. To make it worse...I filed a medical board complaint against a shrink (the one who later tried to send me to prison), and a bunch of people who had (mis)treated me got subpoenas for my records. Surprise, surprise; people yell stuff from my records, past and present, at me. I subpoena'd one local counselor who seems to have a serious problem with me. I didn't like his methods, so I stopped going to him. He diagnosed me "Oppositional Defiant Disorder" (ODD...at age 20!) and also told people that I was a promiscuous, masochistic drug addicted narcissist who "would do anything for a prescription." I was poor at the time, so I couldn't do anything to stop the rumors. Actually...come to think of it...its hard for any "patient" to stop rumors coming from "professionals."

Sound crazy? You'd be crazy, too, if you were considered a "trouble maker" and punished accordingly.

Ugh. I just don't know what to do. Lying liars and the lies they tell!!!!!!

Please pray that my situation improves and that I can bear up under it. Advice is also greatly appreciated. :)

"I've had this pop up in windows that says something about another device on the network having the same ip address as my computer a couple times now"

You have to get in touch with your provider and have them fix that.. it isn't something you want to leave undone...

the flat my dad and i took in to be looked at apparently can't be fixed. this is my 4th new tire over a not very long span of time. Am I paranoid to think that somebody might be doing something?

the flat my dad and i took in to be looked at apparently can't be fixed. this is my 4th new tire over a not very long span of time. Am I paranoid to think that somebody might be doing something?

The people that are tapped in to your IP address might know.. their reading this post as we speak..

*edit: i suggest you get it fixed..:yes

I know how frustrating and upsetting that can be because I'm also one who is always suspicious of vandalism when things like this happen to me too. But take a good look at other possibilities before you convince yourself that it's someone out to get you.

I used to work near a scrap metal yard and a lot of people were getting flat tires from chunks of metal stuck in them that looked like things that you would purposely stick under someone's tires to cut them when they drove off. People were making vandalism reports to the police almost every day. It turned out the scrap metal yard was chopping up stainless steel into small chunks and then trucking it a few blocks away to be further processed at another of their facilities. And of course, those scrap metal guys aren't the most conscientious people in the world. The city knew some of this stuff was falling out of their trucks creating a tire hazzard, so the city told them they had to follow the trucks with a special "magnet" truck to pick up any pieces that fell out. Since they already had the magnet truck for other purposes, they readily agreed.

The problem was that stainless steel is non-magnetic and the city government people had been too ignorant to know this. The scrap people knew it, but since the city dictated using a magnet truck which they already had, they simply went through the motions without solving the problem. So a lot of people thought their tires were being vandalized because authorities assumed the scrap yard wasn't to blame anymore. That is until yours truly pointed out the problem to the authorities, and then they made the scrap company purchase a street sweeper to follow their trucks and the problem went away.

So you just never know. I'd look real close at the areas you are driving in before you decide that this is someone out to get you personally.

Was the old car port taken down ? nothing like gravel to lose a nail in .. nothing like gravel to hold the nail at just the right angle to flat a tire... ..

turns out....lack of sleep, too much coffee (did I mention my new Almond Joy creamer?), and stress + Bipolar I=some paranoia? Thank goodness for Abilify...

Anyway, the nails were probably coming from some work my dad had done on the house. the workers were kinda sloppy. We found about 5 old nails in the driveway, hiding under the gravel (I mean OLD...like, nails from when the house was 1st built in the 19th century, lol).

The "professionals" who (mis)treated me back in the day probably still have a problem with me. I was poor and low status...nothing personal, I guess, just some mediocre, sadistic, authoritarian "professionals" teaching a "troublemaker" a lesson. Happens...I see that now.

I gotta reach up for the peace that surpasses all understanding. I'm getting there.

Thanks, as always, for the posts+prayers. :)

Hi CE

Try not to be so hard on yourself and to always expect the worst.
You know even if it was nails from your neighbors, things would turn out okay. No matter what happens in life as tough and unbearable it might get, as long as God is around in your life things are going to turn out okay. Not always maybe the way you want it to but the way it needs to be.
We will always be faced with obstacles but just have the attitude that whatever comes along you are going to get through it and you will. It is easier said than done but just reflect back on your life. Just see it as God trying to teach you something and that he is in full control of the whole situation.
Your neighbors just have a way of pushing you down but it hurts far less than it did in the beginning, so look how strong you are becoming.

I was reading another post of yours and you have so much going for yourself, you determine your future and where you want to be. Never allow anybody to bring you down, not even your neighbors. Believe in yourself and your ability and there is only one person stopping you from not accomplishing anything and that is yourself.
Always pick yourself up and fight, when you give in and allow them to take over your mind that is when they win and they not worth it. Focus on what really matters, you in my prayers all the way from S.A.

me again. God gives us His strength to lean on. I probably won't have to live here too much longer, so that's always a plus.

This won't last forever. Besides, this lil town isn't the center of the world. Its just another lil old southern town most people have never heard of, much less been to.

This too shall pass.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back