Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Just checking in

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Hey everybody
My real name is Paul Smith so it is not exactly a convenient user tag. Queequeg was the first character in a novel I remember crying over so that's that. They say we all share the weather so that is why its polite to talk about it. I think there is more to share then just the weather and to be honest weather hardly crosses my mind anymore. I don't really know where I fit here in the world, that's one of those things we don't talk about. My life belongs to Jesus Christ, but I feel Gods word has been comprimised by our opinions, I mean denominations. I once was a youth minister climbing up "Jacob's Latter", but I left feeling I had to answer the serpent's "did God really say". So now I float aimlessly along turbulent waters, from job to job, just some wreck that puts cloths on in the morning just to take them off at night. I don't know what to expect from this forum, but I do know the casual conversations over the weather have me feeling lonely. Most if not all my text will come from chicken pecking a cell phone so please forgive the grammer and spelling

Welcome, Welcome :wave

I know you say you're going through difficult times, but have hope, this is where you meet God in the most miraculous ways.

God bless you.

Hi Paul,
It sure sounds like your image of what you were expecting in the Christian walk has been blown out of the water. You couldn't have a better blessing. There is nothing better then to talk about Jesus Christ, read your Bible, along with meditation and prayer. Don't worry, your life is hidden with Christ!

Since you have posted much more than I have at his point, it would probably be more appropriate for you to welcome me. I'm glad to see you at a Christian forum.

- Davies :wave

Colossians 3:1-3
1 If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God. 2 Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. 3 For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.

Thanks Davies,
I know I did the only faithful thing I could leaving the church, but it has been a bummer because being a minister is all I have ever wanted to be. Its hard to know somtimes between what is faithful and what is useful, what is right and what is practical. Your right Christianity, Christ, God, the scripture looks much different now. At first I was afraid that my faith was fadding, but lately I feel like my faith in the God of my preference is leaving, and the True God is rising up. I don't know if that makes any sence but thank you for your post.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back