Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Just excited and wanted to share

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

dhoenisch

Good morning all. I just wanted to share a little excitement with my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.

As some of you may have read, my first post about a month ago included me thinking about leaving my church because of details I don't want to go into. Though, one of the issues included me going from a very active musician at church to refusing to ever bring an instrument within a mile of the church in over a year. Well, just recently, I just started bringing my guitar to sing with the kids on our Wednesday evening kids club, but nothing more than that.

Well, after an encouraging e-mail from my pastor a couple of weeks ago, I have a renewed sight in that church. I want to play music again, but not anywhere near the capacity I was doing it before (as I believe that was a major reason for a downfall). Though my ideas always seem to get shot down, I decided to ask my pastor's wife, who is in charge of the kids club and Sunday School (I think) if I could spend 10 minutes with the kids during the first part of Children's Church and teach them a song that we can do some day for special music, and to my surprise, she was more than willing to allow it, and even got excited about the song I chose.

Anyhow, I've been really excited since Sunday, and thought I'd share this with you all.

All glory to God!

Dan

Way cool Dan.... Hope this works out well.... There is much love of of Jesus in most kids songs...

Back