Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Just Gotta Share.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

FrMattCH

Folks,
I just have to share what a great and blessed day I had. I was at the local sports and nutrition shop. I got to talk with a few police whom I invited to be part of my PTSD group that I teach on Wednesday evenings at a local non-denomination. I traveled down the street to the gas station. I got to hear the greatest little testimony from the station attendant. While there I was introduced to a new grad. From the police academy whom was devout to Christ. To top it off, no pun intended......I was pumping gas into my automobile and I saw a gentleman with his arm wrapped in gauze. He had just had bicep surgery where his arm literally looked like a slit open baked potato.
He came to me, told me his story. Showed his picture, showed who directed him to me. We prayed for his quick recovery. Now the cool thing is I wasn't in shirt and collar. Nope, I had gotten done at the gym and I was wearing my Jesus beat the Devil T-Shirt and Anointed Fighter hat.
Found it clever and interesting that all were surprised a priest was dressed so casually, lol! The folks at the gym are used to it and joke about it but man,God is great isn't he? All the happenstance meetings you can have is just teriffic.

Folks,
I just have to share what a great and blessed day I had. I was at the local sports and nutrition shop. I got to talk with a few police whom I invited to be part of my PTSD group that I teach on Wednesday evenings at a local non-denomination. I traveled down the street to the gas station. I got to hear the greatest little testimony from the station attendant. While there I was introduced to a new grad. From the police academy whom was devout to Christ. To top it off, no pun intended......I was pumping gas into my automobile and I saw a gentleman with his arm wrapped in gauze. He had just had bicep surgery where his arm literally looked like a slit open baked potato.
He came to me, told me his story. Showed his picture, showed who directed him to me. We prayed for his quick recovery. Now the cool thing is I wasn't in shirt and collar. Nope, I had gotten done at the gym and I was wearing my Jesus beat the Devil T-Shirt and Anointed Fighter hat.
Found it clever and interesting that all were surprised a priest was dressed so casually, lol! The folks at the gym are used to it and joke about it but man,God is great isn't he? All the happenstance meetings you can have is just teriffic.

God is good, all the time. :pray

Praise God:thumbsup

I try too without ceasing. Thing is, it is the easiest thing to do. This "Pray without ceasing". A member of the youth asked me, How do you do this? I said,
Talk to Jesus often. Oh, and FWIW I don't listen to secular music at all. No, the Fr. Matt Mobile is always rockin: Petra, John Schlitt, Fireflight, Day of Fire, Disciple, and Skillet.
basically, if it isn't part of the Jesus is awesome soundtrack I don't care for it.

I try too without ceasing. Thing is, it is the easiest thing to do. This "Pray without ceasing". A member of the youth asked me, How do you do this? I said,
Talk to Jesus often. Oh, and FWIW I don't listen to secular music at all. No, the Fr. Matt Mobile is always rockin: Petra, John Schlitt, Fireflight, Day of Fire, Disciple, and Skillet.
basically, if it isn't part of the Jesus is awesome soundtrack I don't care for it.

Listening to Petra right now!!!! :thumbsup

I don't listen to secular music at all. No, the Fr. Matt Mobile is always rockin: Petra, John Schlitt, Fireflight, Day of Fire, Disciple, and Skillet.

Changed all my radio stations in my personal car and work van to Christian stations. Sermons and new christian music all day long! It's amazing how much better my days are now!

I'm glad everything went so well! :thumbsup

I think praying without ceasing is having my heart & focus on God's will.

I love music - all kinds. But I notice how my mood is affected by the type of music I listen to, so I've been more selective.

We are to be ready in and out of season as we never know who God will place in our path. Great testimony and God bless you for sharing this with us.

That's a great account of God's providence in bringing people together. Reminds me of one time I was pumping gas and our pastor came by walking his dog and had a few encouraging words for me. Good to see God is everywhere--even when we're at the gas station :yes

Back