Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Just how busy are we supposed to be

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Ive always enjoyed having balance in my life.I like things to flow very naturally .So Ive always worked a job Ive at least liked even if it didnt pay a bunch of money Ive kept a fulltime job and have always been able to make it by the grace of God of course.My everyday is balanced God is with me everywhere which is awesome because i get to talk to him all day long ,I work and I play.The thing is I have family that kinda look down on me because I dont live my life like they do they work and go to school both fulltime.This doesnt bother me because I know who I am and I know I dont want to go to school.Im a very content person plus I dont see the point of taking out massive school loans to go to college for something I dont want to do.To me I already do the things I want to do and I have a joyfilled purposeful life(albeit with issues just like anyone else but overall happy).But I am curious what everyone elses thoughts are on busyness.

Ive always enjoyed having balance in my life.I like things to flow very naturally .So Ive always worked a job Ive at least liked even if it didnt pay a bunch of money Ive kept a fulltime job and have always been able to make it by the grace of God of course.My everyday is balanced God is with me everywhere which is awesome because i get to talk to him all day long ,I work and I play.The thing is I have family that kinda look down on me because I dont live my life like they do they work and go to school both fulltime.This doesnt bother me because I know who I am and I know I dont want to go to school.Im a very content person plus I dont see the point of taking out massive school loans to go to college for something I dont want to do.To me I already do the things I want to do and I have a joyfilled purposeful life(albeit with issues just like anyone else but overall happy).But I am curious what everyone elses thoughts are on busyness.
If you were to go to school for a higher education, it would be wise to know why you're doing that. Is it because you are trying to gain a better or more well rounded outlook on life (which is what was the original intent of a university education was in the beginning of the concept, originated by Plato if I remember right)? Are you feeling a call from God to enter a profession (such as full time ministry) that requires a higher education? Or are you looking to use the education (college, trade school, etc) to get a better job that gives you a higher income? (A dubious endeavor to begin with considering how many people spend most of their post higher education careers just trying to make up and pay back the money they spent on that education out of the extra gain, if any, above what they would have already been able to earn without the education!)

From the sound of what you've said here, it sounds to me like the words of Paul apply to you as well: "I know what it is to be in need and what it is to have more than enough. I have learned this secret, so that anywhere, at any time, I am content, whether I am full or hungry, whether I have too much or too little. I have the strength to face all conditions by the power that Christ gives me." (Paul, Philippians 4:12-13, GNB)

obadiah that is one of my favorite verses! It comes into my mind almost everyday.I do love to learn new things I geuss I mostly do that from reading I can get books for a dollar at my favorite thrift store.I agree it seems alot of people end up paying back huge student loans Im lucky I have one small one that Im almost done paying off ,it was a time when my ex was breathing down my neck about making more money(even though we were doing pretty good)I went for a year and then quit just simply did not want to be there.

As long as you are paying your own way, and not draining relatives or taxpayers, whose business is it?

As long as you are paying your own way, and not draining relatives or taxpayers, whose business is it?
mine. im the happy and peace Nazi.lol

seriously, I have pondered that a time or two, since I have a degree and did work in the field and job called by god to do . God saw to that I was moved to meter reading.

I'm wondering the same thing myself.
Earlier this year I was just hanging around the house going "what am I doing with my life, darn it". Not having schoolwork to do and not having a job was actually pretty depressing. I feel better and happier now that I'm actively working towards a goal. (Taking classes at the community college.) On the flip side, I wouldn't care for having zero time sit back and relax, either. But the day is going to come when I'm a lot busier if I want to seek out a career path, so I may as well get used to the idea.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back