Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Justification for Fornication?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
You won't find a single Blanket condemnation.

The "Goats" aren't Resurrected untill the end of the Millennium. Everyone alive at the start of the Milenium are resurrected Belivers, not all are part of the Chuch but thier all Resurrected. If you can't figure out that simple fact you have much bigger problems. None will be saved who don't place their Faith in Yeshua.

There is also literally millions of children as well who have yet to be witnessed to, either by early death or abortion. The millenial kingdom is not a respite, its more work for us. If I am wrong..explain this..
This is the kind of thing Cults believe. If your not Saved before you Die it's to late.

The bible is refering to sexual immorality wherein you disregard the person by engaging in sexual activity for personal self gratification. It pollutes the spirit since it demeans both participants as unworthy of fidelity.

I just want to say that I think there is no justification for fornication. NONE! According to the Bible, all sex outside marriage is wrong.

The bible is not an encyclopaedia nor a dictionary. a quick search under M will produce the book of Malachi, not a topic on marriage.

and a look under F will not find a definition of fornication.

refusing to believe in something unless there is a specific verse on it is misreading the genre of the bible.

The bible clearly shows its view on sex outside of marriage, you ignore it at your own peril.

Matthew 5:32 But I say to you that every one who divorces his wife, except on the ground of unchastity, makes her an adulteress; and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery. RSV

This type of unchastity concerns the degree of relationship between the two married persons.

These couples were never truly married in a Christian sense, such as father and his own daughter or a mother and her son being married together. These types of marriages were sometimes made between pagans during the time of Christ.

However, the following type of relationship is not even tolerated among pagans:

1 Corinthians 5:1 It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that does not occur even among pagans: A man has his father's wife.

Converts to Christianity who were in unlawful and/or incestuous marriages were permitted to divorce and remarry. This is the only exception for divorce and remarriage under the New Covenant if both spouses are alive. A divorced person may remarry if his/her spouse dies. All married persons remain married until death separates them from their spouses.

Matthew 19:8-12 He said to them, “Moses, because of the hardness of your hearts, permitted you to divorce your wives, but from the beginning it was not so. 9 And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery; and whoever marries her who is divorced commits adultery.â€

10 His disciples said to Him, “If such is the case of the man with his wife, it is better not to marry.â€

11 But He said to them, “All cannot accept this saying, but only those to whom it has been given: 12 For there are eunuchs who were born thus from their mother’s womb, and there are eunuchs who were made eunuchs by men, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven’s sake. He who is able to accept it, let him accept it.â€

The disciples are shocked at Jesus' command against divorce and remarriage and they exclaim that it would be better to not marry at all than to be forbidden to divorce and remarry if they could not tolerate their first spouses.

Jesus answers that remaining unmarried is the best choice only for the persons who are truly called to celibacy. But, He is emphatic in His teaching that if you do get married, you are married until either you or your spouse dies.

Mark 10:2-12 (NKJV) 2 The Pharisees came and asked Him, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife?†testing Him.

3 And He answered and said to them, “What did Moses command you?â€

4 They said, “Moses permitted a man to write a certificate of divorce, and to dismiss her.â€

5 And Jesus answered and said to them, “Because of the hardness of your heart he wrote you this precept. 6 But from the beginning of the creation, God ‘made them male and female.’ 7 ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, 8 and the two shall become one flesh’; so then they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.â€

10 In the house His disciples also asked Him again about the same matter. 11 So He said to them, “Whoever divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery against her. 12 And if a woman divorces her husband and marries another, she commits adultery.â€

It is God who joins people together in marriage and so only He can separate them and He does this by the death of one of the spouses.

Paul repeats this teaching:

1 Corinthians 7:39 A woman is bound to her husband as long as he lives. But if her husband dies, she is free to marry anyone she wishes, but he must belong to the Lord.

Divorce and remarriage was tolerated under the Old Covenant, but it is forbidden to divorce and remarry under the New Covenant. A divorced person may remarry if his/her spouse dies.

Here's some pretty interesting stats I gleaned from the Monday, Feb 20, 2012 issue of the Oregonian.

53% of births to US women under the age of 30 occur outside wedlock.

41% of births to women of all ages occur outside wedlock.

Breaking it down by race: 73% of black babies are born out of wedlock, 53% of latinos, and 23% of white.

Almost all of the increases in illegitimacy during the past decade can be traced to couples shacking up.

According to sociologist Frank Furstenberg of the University of Pennsylvania: marriage has become a luxury good.

Those percentages are tragic. Researchers have consistently found that children born outside wedlock face elevated risks of falling into poverty, failing in school, and/or suffering from emotional and behavioral problems.

Pardon my french but America has not only become a debtor nation, but it is rapidly becoming a bastard nation too. More and more celebrities are opting to have children out of wedlock and even have the chutzpah to go on nationally televised talk shows and boast about it. In contrast; when my sister got knocked up at 17 back in the pre-feminism, pre Roe vs Wade 1950's, my parents whisked her off to an aunt out of state to avoid the shame and disgrace. Today, nobody would even care; in point of fact, knowing my sister, she would have opted for an abortion rather than wait and give her baby up to adoption: and no doubt been applauded for her decision. When the "pill" was introduced back in the day, my sister became one of it's very first users: while she was single.

Rush Limbaugh got in trouble recently for linking the pill to sluts. He later apologized because his radio show's sponsors were offended; but had it been me, I would have held my ground because he is spot on. Fear of unwanted pregnancy used to help keep a lid on immorality. Not so much anymore.

Cliff
/

Last edited by a moderator:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back