Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study KJVO and the Strongs Concordance

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Rockytopva

I taught Sunday School and attended one year in a Freewill Baptist church. As a going away present they gave me a King James Version Open Bible, in which is my Bible of choice. I wasn't long reading until I saw the need for a Strongs Exhaustive Concordance with Hebrew and Greek dictionaries.

I don't criticize other versions but am in hopes that they have had someone like James Strong put together a Concordance for them. I also do not know any who are so KJVO that they are against other versions. But for me I like my KJV Open Bible and am ready to buy my third. My main issue is with the cover wanting to come off and fall apart.

I don't criticize other versions but am in hopes that they have had someone like James Strong put together a Concordance for them.
Strong was an unbeliever and his bias is evident throughout the definitions in his concordance.

I wasn't long reading until I saw the need for...
Rather than looking to fallible men, "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him." (James 1:5)

Strong was an unbeliever and his bias is evident throughout the definitions in his concordance.

Rather than looking to fallible men, "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him." (James 1:5)
Strong was a Methodist theologian. Why would you call him an unbeliever?

Strong was an unbeliever? Wow!

Strong was a Methodist theologian. Why would you call him an unbeliever?
Summary: James Strong of Strong’s Concordance

1. Strong was a member of the Westcott and Hort Revised Version Committee (RV) of 1881 and worked in masterminding this corrupt version.

2. Strong was also a member of the American Standard Version Committee, finally published in 1901. It said that Jesus Christ was a creature, not the Creator.

3. On these committees Strong joined Unitarians (e.g. Thayer), a child molester (Vaughan), followers of Luciferian H.P. Blavatsky (e.g. Ginsburg, Schaff), and a horde of Bible critics (e.g. S. R. Driver), who together changed nearly 10,000 words of the text.

4. Strong’s Concordance definitions are often the very words of these corrupt versions and also the Koran.

5. Strong also gathered his definitions from Gesenius’ corrupt Hebrew Lexicon. His work also accesses the corrupt lexicons of Liddell-Scott, Thayer, Brown, Driver, and Briggs.

6. Strong’s Greek text is not always that which underlies the King James Bible.

7. Strong’s various definitions may not give anywhere near a literal translation of the Greek.

8. Some of the latest editions of Strong’s Concordance are not even Strong’s original. In the Greek and Hebrew lexicons in the back section, they contain even more corrupt definitions from new version editors. In the main body of the concordance, which originally was correct, new editions omit important KJB usages of the word ‘Jesus’ in order to match corrupt new versions.

1. Strong was a member of the Westcott and Hort Revised Version Committee (RV) of 1881 and worked in masterminding this corrupt version.

2. Strong was also a member of the American Standard Version Committee, finally published in 1901. It said that Jesus Christ was a creature, not the Creator.

3. On these committees Strong joined Unitarians (e.g. Thayer), a child molester (Vaughan), followers of Luciferian H.P. Blavatsky (e.g. Ginsburg, Schaff), and a horde of Bible critics (e.g. S. R. Driver), who together changed nearly 10,000 words of the text.

4. Strong’s Concordance definitions are often the very words of these corrupt versions and also the Koran.

5. Strong also gathered his definitions from Gesenius’ corrupt Hebrew Lexicon. His work also accesses the corrupt lexicons of Liddell-Scott, Thayer, Brown, Driver, and Briggs.

7. Strong’s various definitions may not give anywhere near a literal translation of the Greek.

8. Some of the latest editions of Strong’s Concordance are not even Strong’s original. In the Greek and Hebrew lexicons in the back section, they contain even more corrupt definitions from new version editors. In the main body of the concordance, which originally was correct, new editions omit important KJB usages of the word ‘Jesus’ in order to match corrupt new versions.
KJV Only twaddle. KJV onlyism is a heresy of the worst kind.

I taught Sunday School and attended one year in a Freewill Baptist church. As a going away present they gave me a King James Version Open Bible, in which is my Bible of choice. I wasn't long reading until I saw the need for a Strongs Exhaustive Concordance with Hebrew and Greek dictionaries.

I don't criticize other versions but am in hopes that they have had someone like James Strong put together a Concordance for them. I also do not know any who are so KJVO that they are against other versions. But for me I like my KJV Open Bible and am ready to buy my third. My main issue is with the cover wanting to come off and fall apart.

Strongs Concordance is fine. It has taiught me more than not using it has. I use two main websites when I go online, for scripture and translations.

I use BibleGateway.com And it's very nice. They have about a zillion different translastion and most of them you can click on the speaker it will read it to you, while you read along and that helps retention.

And I use BlueLetterBible.com

It's a free online Strongs Concordance with more features than I've even bothered to look at yet. You input the book and chapter and search then scroll throuh and read the verses until you come upon the one that you want to look up the words for...so you click Tools beside that verse and it takes you there so you can mouse and click on whatever word you wish to look up. It's a great website.

He was not an unbeliever. So that point is moot.

Not really I would think. You have to remember that all of the greatest lies are couched in the truth, which is what makes them great lies. I have heard truth come out of a false prophet's mouth. (Part of his lie).
So you pray and practice discernment and keep what is good and throw the rest away.

Besides, no one has all the answers, so every single person will be wrong at some point. But that's no reason to reject everything they ever said. Ask the Holy Spirit to lead you into all truth...and he will. That's His Job.

So, not so moot after all.

Strongs Concordance is fine. It has taiught me more than not using it has. I use two main websites when I go online, for scripture and translations.

I use BibleGateway.com And it's very nice. They have about a zillion different translastion and most of them you can click on the speaker it will read it to you, while you read along and that helps retention.

And I use BlueLetterBible.com

It's a free online Strongs Concordance with more features than I've even bothered to look at yet. You input the book and chapter and search then scroll throuh and read the verses until you come upon the one that you want to look up the words for...so you click Tools beside that verse and it takes you there so you can mouse and click on whatever word you wish to look up. It's a great website.
Me too!

I too use the KJV Open Bible and love all the various extras it contains for our learning. It really does not matter what version one uses, but that we are allowing the Holy Spirit teach us and learn how to Spiritually discern that of what others are teaching.

What is your source for this information so we can read this in full.

1: Here are the names of the KJV translation committees.
Source:

I have not found any lists of ASV

On these committees Strong joined Unitarians (e.g. Thayer), a child molester (Vaughan), followers of Luciferian H.P. Blavatsky (e.g. Ginsburg, Schaff), and a horde of Bible critics (e.g. S. R. Driver), who together changed nearly 10,000 words of the text.

Proof please and don't quote Riplinger. I have a document many pages long delineating her lies and errors.

Back