Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] kmart

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

jasonc

1) new driving route tomorrow for me
2) monica has been offered a town house for lease with option to buy. its on the city grid and I know the area. its nice

add that a city employee was ran over on the beach and his leg was broken. he was hit by another city employee in a water and sewer truck.

Prayers for the route as well as for the decision Monica is facing about the town house, jasonc. Prayers are also included for the city employee with the broken leg.

The driver has been added. In fact, with the initial prayer for you & all, I included the driver. I can only imagine how devastated he was when he realized what had happened.

whoa. that's rough, with the the injury and all.

You and Monica are in my prayers.
monica decided not to buy nor rent the townhouse. that said , the day I did the kmart route was a bad day from the start. I finished the route but rushed reading and made to many mistakes and was told the next work day to slow down. it all started with a flat tire, and I let the size of the route intidimate me and I went to rush and panic mode. when I should have paced my self as I usually do with speed but not so fast that I loose accuracy. oh well lesson learned. hopefully , Tom didn't think I went to fast today on that three and half hour route. I didn't move fast as I can but just adjusted how I walk out the streets from up one side and down the other to zig zag across the street. it saved me time.

You have to walk for 3 1/2 hours continually? That's a long time.

It seems with every job we all have to learn the ropes, pacing ourselves and the ins and outs. It's all an adjustment. (Just went through this myself. haha).

You have to walk for 3 1/2 hours continually? That's a long time.

It seems with every job we all have to learn the ropes, pacing ourselves and the ins and outs. It's all an adjustment. (Just went through this myself. haha).
no, its easy if I just show it on google images. the circled area the near the the only address shown is the route start point. I park me truck and walk that blue number one marked area then drive the area marked 3 out with a tinge of walking in that ball field and stadium and the hs to the south then the second walking are marked number 2 in blue. I finished at the cemetery with that last red x and walk back to the truck parked near the high school. the longer walk area is what I zig zaged. I also grew up so to speak in that area with a friend who lives there still in the same home. I didn't get to see her and her mom. brother lives in the county as well and on another route.
View attachment 5755

Quite a few homes in that area! I can see why it would take that long.

Quite a few homes in that area! I can see why it would take that long.
that is a short route. trust me its easy. it has about 80 homes.on the last section. a lot of demand meters and a few homes on the first section and a few meter rooms.

that is a short route. trust me its easy. it has about 80 homes.on the last section. a lot of demand meters and a few homes on the first section and a few meter rooms.
I should post the kmart route and why I thought I should move as I did. it was all in my mind.

How long does it take a person to finish that one?
I was told at noon. so I pushed hard for that and also since I never did it before I push myself real hard.once I get the idea of the size I find that pace. this route was driving at first then some small walking then at the end section driving to meter rooms on the opposite side of the road.

even when I do it again based on the pace I can maintain it can maket that route a noon route. the myraids of dial meters and rush to finish is where I made the mistake with. so I can move faster with the driving part since that is mostly digital reads and demands and start the harder area earlier. I know where the meters all are and can move to them faster then I did before. some at the post office were buried. if they are again. im going to skip them and come back and move them carts to get the read.

even when I do it again based on the pace I can maintain it can maket that route a noon route. the myraids of dial meters and rush to finish is where I made the mistake with. so I can move faster with the driving part since that is mostly digital reads and demands and start the harder area earlier. I know where the meters all are and can move to them faster then I did before. some at the post office were buried. if they are again. im going to skip them and come back and move them carts to get the read.
It sounds like you have a plan for it, the more you do it the faster you'll get, maybe.

It sounds like you have a plan for it, the more you do it the faster you'll get, maybe.
usually that the case.the route I did today was one when I first started with the meter reading and it took me till about 1pm to finish and the more I did that i widdled it down to what i do today. though i have done that route in three hours and didn't have accuracy issues. that is in part of moving and reading the meter without stopping(dial).

there are 2 routes i had that i walk out fully and have done them in under 4 hours for the beach one and 3.5 for the mainland side one.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back