Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Kundalini Warning To The Church Of Jesus Christ....True or False.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Thank you.
I find that most people have no idea how to interpret little gods and I still have problems with it.
Other people have problems with it because there are a lot of opinions on how to interpret.
I really would like you to quote passages when you quote someone.

Again Brother, I am sorry. Wife yelling at me and I let it leak out here.

There is a very horrible teaching on the little god theory. I know that, and it is easy to assume people may be going there.

I am on a tablet, so going over to the "mysword" program often refreshes my browser page before the forum saves it. ON a computer with e-sword I normally give the scirptures.

All I am saying is that by nature we should respond and behave like we were created, and we were made like the Father who loves and has given greatly.

I have no idea what we will be, eye has not seen or ear heard what God has prepared for us, or what we are going to do. All I know is we are like Daddy, created like him. Above the angels whom we will judge. Even angels say, what is man, why is God so mindful of him?

Again, sorry... Blessings.

We Will judge angels. The whole context is they accused Jesus as making himself out as the son of God, making him a God by relationship. They did care for that.

Jesus said you are also God's just like me, you hypocrites.

God stands in the congregation of God's and judges the God's. You have oppressed the poor and die like men. You shall fall like one of the (prince's-Satan)

All that is saying is man created like God, should not take up the nature of a beast or Satan. We are judged on the same level as God's equal, which makes the standards very high at judgement time. So man is not judged as a frail flesh creature, but by the nature in which he was created.

That is what Jesus was reminding them about, and it did not make them happy. Not much else to read into that.

Lets be careful with the word God. In Psalm 82, the term was god (small g) It was a play on words. If men could be referred to as god's because they unjustly judge men, why have a problem with Jesus claiming to be God. No where in the Bible does man get called God or a God. It is god.

All that is saying is man created like God, should not take up the nature of a beast or Satan. We are judged on the same level as God's equal, which makes the standards very high at judgement time. So man is not judged as a frail flesh creature, but by the nature in which he was created.

I don't understand what you are talking about judgement time, I was taught that I won't be judged for who I am, but I will be judged for what I have done while in this mortal body,

...and, judged...., the nature in which he was created, I was conceived in sin, if I'm justified and hidden in Christ, how will my sinful nature be judged again if it was already judged in Jesus on the Cross,

...care to explain?

Saving faith will be measured and judged by what it did, just as unbelief will be measured and judged by what it did:

31 "But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne. 32 "All the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats; 33 and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left. 34 "Then the King will say to those on His right,'Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35 'For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; 36 naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.' 37 "Then the righteous will answer Him, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink? 38 'And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? 39 'When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?' 40 "The King will answer and say to them, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.' 41 "Then He will also say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels; 42 for I was hungry, and you gave Me nothing to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me nothing to drink; 43 I was a stranger, and you did not invite Me in; naked, and you did not clothe Me; sick, and in prison, and you did not visit Me.' 44 "Then they themselves also will answer,'Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not take care of You?' 45 "Then He will answer them, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.' 46 "These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life." (Matthew 25:31-46 NASB)

Saving faith will be measured and judged by what it did, just as unbelief will be measured and judged by what it did:

31 "But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne. 32 "All the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats; 33 and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left. 34 "Then the King will say to those on His right,'Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35 'For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; 36 naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.' 37 "Then the righteous will answer Him, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink? 38 'And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? 39 'When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?' 40 "The King will answer and say to them, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.' 41 "Then He will also say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels; 42 for I was hungry, and you gave Me nothing to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me nothing to drink; 43 I was a stranger, and you did not invite Me in; naked, and you did not clothe Me; sick, and in prison, and you did not visit Me.' 44 "Then they themselves also will answer,'Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not take care of You?' 45 "Then He will answer them, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.' 46 "These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life." (Matthew 25:31-46 NASB)

What you have quoted has nothing to do with saving faith, mine or anyone's else's, just read it, it's about works, and who were this works performed on, the brothers of Jesus, the Jewish race, it's how the Gentiles showed favor to them during the Time of Jacob's Troubles that will determine who well be allowed to enter the Millennium.

James said, you say you have faith, show me your works, if you want I can show you my saving faith by my works, ...can you?

I read it and it's very clear. No righteous works, which everyone knows are done of faith, then off to the lake of fire you go. Plain and simple. Of course this can only be heard as a works gospel by the Protestant Church--a church, in general, that thinks purposely doing something righteous is trying to earn your own salvation, instead of what it is--the evidence of saving faith.

I read it and it's very clear. No righteous works, which everyone knows are done of faith, then off to the lake of fire you go. Plain and simple. Of course this can only be heard as a works gospel by the Protestant Church--a church, in general, that thinks purposely doing something righteous is trying to earn your own salvation, instead of what it is--the evidence of saving faith.
This post made me laugh out loud because most people now a days think that they're saved because they said "the sinner's prayer", but no evidence of a changed life.

Don't fool yourself either, the church you attend, regardless of how you worship, is also a Protestant church.

Jesse,
How about some (several) specific and spelled-out examples (evidences, as you put it) of some things that would convince you, yourself, that a person has a relationship with Christ.

Then please explain to me what righteous works, as mentioned in the Scriptures you have quoted, the thief on the Cross did for Jesus' brothers?

Read every post in this thread over the last couple of days, and this is my first post on this forum. I attend a Pentecostal church and love it, though I don't agree with everything, and I don't personally speak in tongues. We do sing a song that kept running through my head as I read this thread that I like a lot:

Oh, and I certainly won't be Kundalizing any time in the future but thanks for the warning. Interesting reading. :)

Read every post in this thread over the last couple of days, and this is my first post on this forum. I attend a Pentecostal church and love it, though I don't agree with everything, and I don't personally speak in tongues. We do sing a song that kept running through my head as I read this thread that I like a lot:

Yep, undignified, that sure fits. Thanks Tom.

Then please explain to me what righteous works, as mentioned in the Scriptures you have quoted, the thief on the Cross did for Jesus' brothers?
What opportunity did the thief have on the cross to show the faith that saved him in some kind of deed that Jesus could use as evidence of his saving faith?

If salvation was based on the merit of works of the law completed he'd be lost. But since it is his faith that justifies him apart from his works, and being nailed to a cross kinda relieves him of any obligation to act out his faith in a way that confirms that faith, he's cool.

Jesse,
How about some (several) specific and spelled-out examples (evidences, as you put it) of some things that would convince you, yourself, that a person has a relationship with Christ.
When Jesus enters our lives, we can not remain the same. I know people who said they are saved because they went to church and said the sinner's prayer, convinced themselves they were "saved" and then a week later they are getting drunk and high, that is not evidence of a changed life.

We will know them by their Fruit.

True religion is taking care of the orphans and widows - as James says.

It seems sometimes there are more righteous works done by atheists than that of believers.

Last edited by a moderator:
What opportunity did the thief have on the cross to show the faith that saved him in some kind of deed that Jesus could use as evidence of his saving faith?

If salvation was based on the merit of works of the law completed he'd be lost. But since it is his faith that justifies him apart from his works, and being nailed to a cross kinda relieves him of any obligation to act out his faith in a way that confirms that faith, he's cool.

That is exactly the question I'm asking you, you are the one that said,

"No righteous works, which everyone knows are done of faith, then off to the lake of fire you go. Plain and simple."

...in reference to those that must have righteous works towards Jesus' Jewish brethren during the time of Jacob's Troubles to be qualified to enter into the Millennium.

I think you are confusing the age of grace with the Tribulation, please correct me if I'm wrong.

When Jesus enters our lives, we can not remain the same. I know people who said they are saved because they went to church and said the sinner's prayer, convinced themselves they were "saved" and then a week later they are getting drunk and high, that is not evidence of a changed life.

We will know them by their Fruit.

True religion is taking care of the orphans and widows - as James says.

It seems sometimes there are more righteous works done by atheists than that of believers.
All, pretty much the point I was driving at. As I recall, the only thing the Bible gives to know Christians, is "by their love, one for another." Not necessarily by any works.

All, pretty much the point I was driving at. As I recall, the only thing the Bible gives to know Christians, is "by their love, one for another." Not necessarily by any works.
The works is the evidence of the faith.

Back