Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Lack of physical attraction to husband

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Jrgt123

Hi all. I’m not sure this is the right forum, but I need help and I’m struggling to find a path forward. Ive never been attracted to my husband. We met online and decided on marriage before we met in person. When I originally saw him I was disappointed and didn’t have much attraction to him at all. Because he was such a good person and all about family, I thought that’d it wouldn’t be a problem to me. We’ve been married a year and together for 3 and we want kids, but I can’t even bare to let him touch me. I’ve lost most of My sexual drive in general, but I still feel attraction and magnetism with other men. I of course don’t act on or think about it much beyond acknowledgment. My husband is skinny- like sickly skinny- to the point where I can see his bones- and he’s unwilling to do anything to change his physicality. I also feel like my lack of attraction also comes with my lack of
Respect for him. He’s not good with money or a leader, he’s not good with hygiene and idk. I’m lost. I need help. If anyone can offer some wisdom I would really appreciate it. Divorce is not an option. Nor is relations outside of my marriage.

Hello,

In no way is what I am about to say considered to be any kind of advice. So, as I have read and re-read your story, I keep thinking to myself that you are both missing out on a healthy marriage. The situation doesn't seem fair to either of you.

BTW: I feel that it was valiant of you to go ahead with marriage and choose him because of who you felt that he was. Now, moving into my elderly years, I have come to realize that (and especially as a younger person), "you" really do need to have a physical desire for the one that you're about to spend the rest of your life with. I think most of us would commend you for at least trying.

but I need help and I’m struggling to find a path forward.
I can only suggest two things.
1 you both sit down and talk about your marriage, do this either together or with a counsellor.

Do you know how he feels about not having set, about your views of him etc.

2, divorce. You say this is not an option, we'll if it wasn't an option why marry someone you had no sexual desire for, who in three years of knowing him, must have shown his lack of monetary ability or leadership?

It's either sort your relationship out or end it.

Hi Jrgt123 and welcome to CF :wave2

My first question is how could the two of you be together for three years without seeing what he looked like?

Did the two of you have face to face recognition when you talked with him online?

What was it about himself that drew you to him besides thinking he was a good person and all about family?

Where the both of you Christians when you met meaning were the two of you equally yoked in your beliefs?

Does beauty truly matter as with age it will fade, or is it his and your heart that matters. Ask yourself if looking at attractive men means you are lusting for them in a sexual manner just because you see yourself having sex with them.

Did you have respect for him in the three years before you married?

Many man are not good with money nor as being a leader or with proper hygiene as I get on my husband for that one, but is that such a hugh factor within your finances, as I take care of all our finances in our house and am more a leader than my husband in some ways.

Since you say divorce is not an option, will he sit down and talk to you about your concerns, or maybe willing to go to a good Christian counselor?

These are the concerns and in order for the both of you to have a happy marriage with Christ in the center of it then the both of you need to make it a good marriage where both of you are happy with each other.

Will keep the both of you in my prayers.

Thank you for the prayers, I appreciate that. We spoke with video chat so I saw his face-he has a very handsome face but it doesn’t fit the rest of his body. I met him in person only a few months in- but I just figured the attraction would come and it wasn’t the most important thing.

He was and still is kind, intelligent, hard working, etc. all things that would make a good husband and father. He’s not religious and I have only recently found God actually… he acts as there’s a god- also not believing in divorce, for example. Idk maybe Christian therapy is the best thing to do, just not sure if he’d be willing to do it. Thank you for your time commenting, really appreciate it

I can only suggest two things.
1 you both sit down and talk about your marriage, do this either together or with a counsellor.

Do you know how he feels about not having set, about your views of him etc.

2, divorce. You say this is not an option, we'll if it wasn't an option why marry someone you had no sexual desire for, who in three years of knowing him, must have shown his lack of monetary ability or leadership?

It's either sort your relationship out or end it.

The best thing I can say here in general is that: Marriage is a lot of hard work.

I remember before I got married, I would tell myself, "Personality is what counts and good looks are a bonus." Thinking about how I would think that, it makes sense and at times, it might not. It's a bit hard to have kids with someone that you're not attracted to, I suppose. I can see the struggle.

I'm not sure if I've heard of someone agreeing to marry someone they've never met in person. I can see how this could cause some issues down the road.

There was a speaker once that I heard say, "What's the number one cause of divorce? Unmet expectations!" You know, I don't think he's wrong. I've come across unmet expectations even in my marriage, it happens in life.

You know, I had a time where I felt attraction and magnetism towards other men. What I can say is resist this spiritual attack with everything you've got! I remember fearing leaving the house to even go to church because what if I cheated on my husband? I didn't want to be around other guys, I was scared. I didn't know why I was thinking that way. I definitely felt spiritually under attack. After a good while - talking like a month or two, those feelings subsided. Not sure what brought it on in the first place, which is scary. Resist and stand your ground. Nothing hurts your partner more than cheating.

Some people are skinny for a variety of reasons. Sometimes it's metabolism, hyperthyroidism, digestive problems, malnutrition, is extremely physically active, etc. I was naturally skinny for so many years of my life. It didn't matter what I ate, I was a stick. When I got ill and had no appetite, I was even worse. Maybe he's got some health issue going on?

Everyone has their faults for sure. I wasn't all that great with hygeine when I got married, either. It wasn't because my parents didn't care about my hygiene as they got onto me all the time. It simply became my husband's issue, too, when we left home. I can say, he encouraged better, hygienic habits and I would say my hygiene is much better now a days. Instead of, "You stink! Get a shower!" He would say, "How about we go out in a bit or go do something? Go ahead and shower first and then get ready while I finish up here then pick out my clothes." type of thing. I would say it was effective.

Being good with money is a definite skill that not all learn. Might I suggest a Dave Ramsey's course of some type? Brush up on the blog? Perhaps teach your husband what you know? I have learned a whole lot from my husband. Perhaps your husband can learn a lot from you?

Not everyone is a leader, but I suppose the pressure is there when you're man of the house and there is a level of responsibility that automatically comes with being an adult. That can be worked on with classes or encouragement as well.

Definitely sit down and try to talk with him and if communication is a problem, find a Christian counselor (if possible) to go to so this can get sorted out.

Having kids will not solve these problems. Trust me, they will be there, and it only gets worse when your kids see you and your husband's problems and take notice.

Back