Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Languages

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Angel

Question for everyone!

What languages do you speak?

I know a bit of spanish, about 300 random italian words, but officially I am studying Japanese.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaann I want to go to Japan!!! When I was 18 I wanted to join the AF so that I could move to Japan, but I have chronic athsma and they wouldn't let me. :sad Guess it worked out though, that I didn't go crazy in combat or something.

English and French. It was very useful when I traveled to eastern Canada and more importantly, when I went to Lebanon.

English, certainly, but do we consider Sarcasm a language?

In the programming world, I know a smattering of SQL and VBA, but that is pretty much it.

Didn't we have a thread about that only two weeks ago?

German, English, French, small bits of modern Greek, some Latin. I'd love to learn Japanese but can't afford lessons.
And since StoveBolts mentioned software code languages, I also know some java.

Didn't we have a thread about that only two weeks ago?

German, English, French, small bits of modern Greek, some Latin. I'd love to learn Japanese but can't afford lessons.
And since StoveBolts mentioned software code languages, I also know some java.

So do you speak Demotiki or Katharevousa? (though I think Katharevousa went out with the Coup Colonels in Greece, right?)

English and a little bit of Polish. I can sort've read polish too. Enough to not be lost if I ever went there but not fluent or anything that good. I got straight A's in English in school, it was my my best subject.

I can count to ten in Japanese, lol. Left over from my Judo days.

I always got A's in English, growing up and in college too! :)

Juuuudo CHOP!

So do you speak Demotiki or Katharevousa? (though I think Katharevousa went out with the Coup Colonels in Greece, right?)

The modern Greek spoken today is like a mix of Demotikí and Katharénousa, but with the former having a much greater influence. There's still some Katharénousa in the orthodox church.

I always got A's in English, growing up and in college too! :)

Juuuudo CHOP!

Angel:

To savor and enjoy language, one doesn't even necessarily need to learn a foreign language, although this is excellent, too. Learning to enjoy and savor one's own language is a very good idea, too! :)

Blessings.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back