Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] larry and aaron

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

jasonc

whenever larry is shown a new route it a guarantee that the others will help him. he is able to do this job but tends to find a pace that is slow enough but not to slow. im not his boss but that bothers me. ie today. he did one the bear routes i do, and had to be helped to be finished. i finished that route with two hours to spare and had check reads to do. i worked that route to where tis almost a noon route.

pray for me attitude and perfectionist nature of this job. aaron is a new hire.

Prayers that Aaron will settle into the new job smoothly.

Also....prayers that a fire will be lit under Larry's feet ... or that he will be let go for failure to properly do his job.

Prayers that Aaron will settle into the new job smoothly.

Also....prayers that a fire will be lit under Larry's feet ... or that he will be let go for failure to properly do his job.
we prayed that he wasn't. he was nearly let go.

i let that time frame deal get to me , i use a clock to time when i star and finish, it helps me move fast. i have to be faster then i was the month before. i don't tolerate being behind. it happens but i hate that. todays route was one of those.

i let that time frame deal get to me , i use a clock to time when i star and finish, it helps me move fast. i have to be faster then i was the month before. i don't tolerate being behind. it happens but i hate that. todays route was one of those.
Funny that that sounds like me in my younger days when working. I had to be faster at everything, harder and tougher, and my first day in a new job at Samsonite they assigned me to piece work being trained by a little woman that was quitting at the end of the week.

My work was to take two two halves of bare full size fiberglass cases, and two magnesium frames straight from the foundry and assemble them together; piece of cake huh? They came slowly down a wooden slatted 36" conveyor and I would grab one half from the conveyor, and one half of a frame from a rack abutting my work area, and begin putting them together, Step one was to lay the fiberglass shell on a table in front of me, take the split frame and fit it onto the shell, take a large rubber mallet and pound the frame onto the shell until it was all the way on. The frame had ten approximately 1/4" holes already through it, and we had an air drill hanging just over the bench that we actually had ground down the bit to be sharp so as to near it stab through the fiberglass. Tilt the case up, grab the drill, drill three holes along the wide side, turn the case, drill two holes along the narrow side, turn the case, three more holes along the other wide side, and finish the drilling on the remaining short side.

Now turn around and put the holes I just drilled onto a small tab sitting on a rivet machine behind me, stomp a foot pedal which riveted that one hole and move to the next one of the ten holes. Hey that wasn't too bad. I then would return that completed half part of the case to the still running conveyor to go to the next person on the assembly line that was to insert and glue the lining into the case halves I had just assembled. WHAT? The other half of the case I was to assemble had already moved pass my station and two more were waiting for me at this slow pace. Have you ever seen the Lucile Ball skit of working in the chocolate factory?

Well, I had to stack up the halves I was not keeping up with and finish them during my break time, or else I was holding up everyone else, and that cost them money being that each full case earned us about three cents so that we would make $2.20 per hour. That sweet little lady trainer was coming to my rescue, and making it look so easy; bless her. Now the second problem was beginning to surface and that was my stamina. Hey, I worked out all of the time, but I couldn't match the power of that tiny woman half my size and over twice my age. Oh the shame of it all. The strain of using my triceps constantly as I forced that drill through that fiberglass was quickly taking its toll, but I was too prideful to let it be known. Some how I made it through that first day with my new friend half my size as she didn't even mention my slowness, and carried me as it were. Drilling fiberglass required special clothing for protection, and at the end of our shift she removed the protective jacket she wore revealing a muscled arm bigger than mine. Hopefully you will show Larry the grace that little lady bestowed upon me. :)

Funny that that sounds like me in my younger days when working. I had to be faster at everything, harder and tougher, and my first day in a new job at Samsonite they assigned me to piece work being trained by a little woman that was quitting at the end of the week.

My work was to take two two halves of bare full size fiberglass cases, and two magnesium frames straight from the foundry and assemble them together; piece of cake huh? They came slowly down a wooden slatted 36" conveyor and I would grab one half from the conveyor, and one half of a frame from a rack abutting my work area, and begin putting them together, Step one was to lay the fiberglass shell on a table in front of me, take the split frame and fit it onto the shell, take a large rubber mallet and pound the frame onto the shell until it was all the way on. The frame had ten approximately 1/4" holes already through it, and we had an air drill hanging just over the bench that we actually had ground down the bit to be sharp so as to near it stab through the fiberglass. Tilt the case up, grab the drill, drill three holes along the wide side, turn the case, drill two holes along the narrow side, turn the case, three more holes along the other wide side, and finish the drilling on the remaining short side.

Now turn around and put the holes I just drilled onto a small tab sitting on a rivet machine behind me, stomp a foot pedal which riveted that one hole and move to the next one of the ten holes. Hey that wasn't too bad. I then would return that completed half part of the case to the still running conveyor to go to the next person on the assembly line that was to insert and glue the lining into the case halves I had just assembled. WHAT? The other half of the case I was to assemble had already moved pass my station and two more were waiting for me at this slow pace. Have you ever seen the Lucile Ball skit of working in the chocolate factory?

Well, I had to stack up the halves I was not keeping up with and finish them during my break time, or else I was holding up everyone else, and that cost them money being that each full case earned us about three cents so that we would make $2.20 per hour. That sweet little lady trainer was coming to my rescue, and making it look so easy; bless her. Now the second problem was beginning to surface and that was my stamina. Hey, I worked out all of the time, but I couldn't match the power of that tiny woman half my size and over twice my age. Oh the shame of it all. The strain of using my triceps constantly as I forced that drill through that fiberglass was quickly taking its toll, but I was too prideful to let it be known. Some how I made it through that first day with my new friend half my size as she didn't even mention my slowness, and carried me as it were. Drilling fiberglass required special clothing for protection, and at the end of our shift she removed the protective jacket she wore revealing a muscled arm bigger than mine. Hopefully you will show Larry the grace that little lady bestowed upon me. :)
larry has made probation. he has been a meter reader nearly as long as I have.

larry has made probation. he has been a meter reader nearly as long as I have.
Maybe God has blessed you more than Larry with quicker reflexes, a sharper mind even though resentful toward someone of lesser abilities, and the drive to excel. Praise God brother for the gift God has given you. Maybe you can finish your route fast, and then do his for him. Remember that Jesus as the good Samaritan picked us out of a ditch and did, and continues to do all for us. You don't think you stand on your good looks and faith do you? Even the faith you have was given to you, and the salvation you enjoy is a gift. Wanna be like Him? :)

Maybe God has blessed you more than Larry with quicker reflexes, a sharper mind even though resentful toward someone of lesser abilities, and the drive to excel. Praise God brother for the gift God has given you. Maybe you can finish your route fast, and then do his for him. Remember that Jesus as the good Samaritan picked us out of a ditch and did, and continues to do all for us. You don't think you stand on your good looks and faith do you? Even the faith you have was given to you, and the salvation you enjoy is a gift. Wanna be like Him? :)
[
I have done that. I helped him with another finish an easy route. and nearly did so yesterday. which is why I posted that. I don't mind helping someone but when I feel they are not to going to go fast as they can. then we have a problem. I stated to him yesterday,
that colonial heights route is a route where I have to run to make it
he said im not running. of course we don't run but we walk nearly to the point of running. that route if im going to make it a 12:30 finish must be done by a speed 120 reads an hour. it has about 600 reads. mostly homes and apartments and some meter rooms. its not the hardest on me. the hardest made me ready for that.which is the exact same pace. but larry is the type that once he does the route one time, he doesn't usually need help again. idk understand that, I fly very fast the first time then figure the pace needed to make it and work from that being the fastest I can go. I consider it an insult if I must be helped. which I have but that was before probation. today was a bad day. I set a goal for a route and didn't make it. partly because of a customer that had a water line leak and I was told to help her find the problem. and also some other set backs. but if that didn't happen I would have finished about an hour earlier instead of 20 minutes earlier then last time.

this area is one of the older developed multi million dollar homes. and to show you why. the red is the fence of the home that I needed to find the water meter, the fence is also shown from the home to the west. the break in that fence is the gate. the machine until I fixed that, said get from sandfly which is the home with the pool to the south of the fence. the blue line is where the water meters are getting the water from. number one is the meter for the home on sandfly. since the pattern was each home was near each other I assumed that was the case. it wasn't. number 2 is where it was. had it not rained last month. I would have tried to get that a lot better. when I was wet, burning from a rash and add lighting. I wasn't too motivated to get to that, so I figured I would get the check read next day, I didn't. so when a month later came I was determined to find this meter. I did.View attachment 4789

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back