Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

lawyers won't make heaven

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
All men have turned away from God, yet He still came with His son to save us. The hope of Christianity is largely about being redeemed in my opinion. Granted we should avoid sinning, but no sin is beyond being redeemed.

Let’s imagine someone praying against such things foretold in scripture; that would surely appear to be not of the Spirit.

There shall be great tribulation. Do we pray that God change His word?

2 Tim 3:12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. Maybe we shouldn’t want to live godly?

Praying when? Always! Always pray according to God’s will, and it will be to His glory.

Just a thought on this is that as we pray in the Spirit according to God’s word we will realize the effect of Rom 8:28 in our own spiritual experience. “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.”

Rom 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Jesus put it this way in spiritual prayer when He was suffering.

Mat 26:39 “And He (Jesus) went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.” This is indeed spiritual prayer.

lol. Legions! Engr. R.S Atkinson had an interesting demonstration, and I have heard the opinions of a lot others. Seems like politicians and lawyers have something in common. Thanks to heaven that there are very good and reserved ones out there in our little world today.

Cant wait for your input

Hmmm I think there is a very great danger of generalising here, I have worked in dispute resolution around the world for over 20 years and I have met and worked with a lot of lawyers, most of them are as honest as the day is long. They may have cases that are wrong but they try to do the best with a poor job usually. To say all lawyers are dishonest is just untrue and begging to be proven so, it only takes for one lawyer to be found who is honest and the theory is blown away.

I personally think that there are a lot of dishonest people giving their lawyers misinformation to try to manipulate the truth into the way they want to view it and as a result the lawyer gets a bad reputation simply because he has to assume what he is told is true until it is proven otherwise, that is how we have built our legal systems around the world.

John Calvin was legally trained "born in Picardy in the north of France and destined at first by his parents for a lucrative post in the service of the Catholic Church.But he turned from a clerical to a legal career and while he was pursuing his legal studies at Orleans he embraced Protestant opinions."(A.J Grant.Outlines of European History 251)

:eek2 well PeteUK56 posting that took some guts ... :thumbsup
Not really Reba, you see I honestly believe that none of us is holy enough to cast doubt on another persons snactity or otherwise. Doesnt scripture say None are holy, not one?
Why single out lawyers, why not all the other cheating lying people and professions, why not mercenary soldiers or crooked tax collectors or businessmen who sell dodgy gear? There are many worse than lawyers, but all are going to fall short of God's standard and will have only the saving grace of Jesus to rely upon at the judgement seat.

Lawyering in the anti-religious sense is trying to justify one's self, when there is no justification to be had of ourselves.

Luke 11:52
Woe unto you, lawyers!
for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

The short lesson on Law? Nobody is technically "legal." And can't be.

From a personal perspective I've spent an inordinate amount of time with lawyers. The best that money could buy. Understanding the "universal human condition" of sin helped me greatly in "crafting" the legal dox necessary to run my biz. I considered the money I paid them to be "protection cost." And it was. Very similar I might suppose to paying off the local mob bosses. You have to be very careful out there if you have a pile of dough, because the legal sharks are very much attracted to that form of blood, and will zoom in on any weaknesses shown by the "prey."

Yes, it's a feeding frenzy amongst them all. I would not recommend it to anyone.

The smiles and friendliness at the table are all lies. There is nothing friendly about it. Smiles and friendship are merely masks. Don't let the actors fool you.

Most larger churches are "infected" with religious lawyers. Particularly the older churches. All the guys running the show are, for the most part, religious lawyers, just as they were in Jesus' days.

Lawyering has only one intention at it's core. Accusation.

54 Laying wait for him, and seeking to catch something out of his mouth, that they might accuse him.

lol. Legions! Engr. R.S Atkinson had an interesting demonstration, and I have heard the opinions of a lot others. Seems like politicians and lawyers have something in common. Thanks to heaven that there are very good and reserved ones out there in our little world today.

Cant wait for your input
It seems obvious to me that the problem with your blanket judgement that "lawyers won't make heaven" is that you have to then claim that even those who you "thank heaven" for, the "very good and reserved ones out there in our little world today" will also not make it to heaven. Why would you thank God (or "heaven") for people who you tell us will not actually be accepted into heaven? And if you now admit that not all lawyers are sinners unworthy of heaven, then you have to admit that your original post is in error and very wrong.

It seems obvious to me that the problem with your blanket judgement that "lawyers won't make heaven" is that you have to then claim that even those who you "thank heaven" for, the "very good and reserved ones out there in our little world today" will also not make it to heaven. Why would you thank God (or "heaven") for people who you tell us will not actually be accepted into heaven? And if you now admit that not all lawyers are sinners unworthy of heaven, then you have to admit that your original post is in error and very wrong.
look up the word "reserved" in the Christian dictionary. I was hoping you were going to proffer a solution as you promised.

Most larger churches are "infected" with religious lawyers. Particularly the older churches. All the guys running the show are, for the most part, religious lawyers, just as they were in Jesus' days.

Lawyering has only one intention at it's core. Accusation.

54 Laying wait for him, and seeking to catch something out of his mouth, that they might accuse him.
we are in a terrible world where everyone wants to have the golden win at all cost

look up the word "reserved" in the Christian dictionary. I was hoping you were going to proffer a solution as you promised.
I promised a solution??? :confused:shrug When did I promise a solution. Maybe I did, but if I did I sure can't remember it. I don't think I have any solution.

Anyway, I don't have a "Christian" dictionary, only an English dictionary. Maybe I can find a "Christian dictionary" online...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back