Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

lawyers won't make heaven

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Hmmm I think there is a very great danger of generalising here, I have worked in dispute resolution around the world for over 20 years and I have met and worked with a lot of lawyers, most of them are as honest as the day is long. They may have cases that are wrong but they try to do the best with a poor job usually. To say all lawyers are dishonest is just untrue and begging to be proven so, it only takes for one lawyer to be found who is honest and the theory is blown away.

I personally think that there are a lot of dishonest people giving their lawyers misinformation to try to manipulate the truth into the way they want to view it and as a result the lawyer gets a bad reputation simply because he has to assume what he is told is true until it is proven otherwise, that is how we have built our legal systems around the world.
you write brilliantly. thanks for the testimony. people musnt be Christians to do the right thing. being one has a gigantic advantage, tho. But i also remember the righteousness thing and the filthy rag thing.

the good ones dont lack even in the rottenest environment - we will always have them.

discussing with my colleagues on this issue, i was told no one would love to lose a case; for this reason they try to do whatever they need to do in order to win a case.

what do you think about those folks that nailed HIM to the cross, those ones that wouldnt say and tell the truth?

Classik,
The entire premise you have presented here is legalistic and self righteousness. when I was a lost man I hired dishonest lawyers and I never lost in court. As a Christian, in business or not, I cannot glorify my LORD with what Smaller says he does in order to run his business but be it known, I know some lawyers that are not Criminal Defenders that are Honest Christian Lawyers and will not lie to get anyone off nor out of a legal case loss. You must learn to be more discerning when making these protestations.

look up the word "reserved" in the Christian dictionary. I was hoping you were going to proffer a solution as you promised.
Solution to what?
If you seek a solution to sin, we all already have it - Jesus provided it.
If it is a solution to this stupidity of trying to play god and exclude certain groups of people from heavenm then I am afraid there is no solution - people have always been stupid and we all like to play god from time to time, thankfully God does not condemn us for it!

you write brilliantly. thanks for the testimony. people musnt be Christians to do the right thing. being one has a gigantic advantage, tho. But i also remember the righteousness thing and the filthy rag thing.

the good ones dont lack even in the rottenest environment - we will always have them.

discussing with my colleagues on this issue, i was told no one would love to lose a case; for this reason they try to do whatever they need to do in order to win a case.

what do you think about those folks that nailed HIM to the cross, those ones that wouldnt say and tell the truth?

Thanks for your kind words, in regard to your final question, I am assuming you are not suggesting that a lawyer actually nailed Christ to the cross, but the truth is that figuritively we ALL nailed Him to that cross.

It was our sin that put Him on that cross, or at least it was our sin that held Him to that cross. Do you think a God who loves us all that much can not find a way to forgive a soldier carrying out the orders that crucified Him?

My God has enough love for ALL of us not just those that are 'good' by the churches twisted standards.

Solution to what?
If you seek a solution to sin, we all already have it - Jesus provided it.
If it is a solution to this stupidity of trying to play god and exclude certain groups of people from heavenm then I am afraid there is no solution - people have always been stupid and we all like to play god from time to time, thankfully God does not condemn us for it!
I dont actually mean solution. Im talking about the way forward or what that should be done

it is about signing the crucification thing. Not really saying the layers nailed him as you both are speculating. I actually meant to say: those leaders and their likes plus the people knew the truth and bore false witness against HIM. In fact there was no fault found. HE was without guilt.

These people could have said the truth

I dont actually mean solution. Im talking about the way forward or what that should be done

Hmmm tricky question Classik, in all honesty I do not know the way forward, but to quote a TV advert strap line that was popular a few years back in the UK - I know a man who does, Jesus is the way, we just need to follow Him and stop worrying over who He intends to share heaven with.

Ask yourself this, will any of our pontificating here change one person into a better person or get them into heaven? I suspect the answer is no! So rather than try to figure out all the answers, just follow the one who already has them and live more like Him on a day to day basis, that will do farmore good.

I guess I can't help but think about our members and others reading this site. Chances are there are lawyers among them, and you have condemned them all to hell with no good reason with your OP. I don't think that's a very Godly thing to do, and I KNOW you know how to carefully word things to say what you really mean even if it is veiled a lot of the time.

we are in a terrible world where everyone wants to have the golden win at all cost

It's an ugly vicious place. Mostly hidden on the inside.

Some think God is exonerated and man did it.

Some think it's Divinely Intentional. I'm in this camp of understanding, so I really don't have anyone to blame. Not having to carry "blame" around has helped me, personally, greatly, to see things better.

I cannot glorify my LORD with what Smaller says he does in order to run his business.

Last time I checked it was still legal to hire lawyers in this country Bill. Probably the last attorney I'd trust would be one with a fish emblem on his stuff.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back