Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

"...lead me not into temptation..."

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Orion

According to James 1:13, if God cannot be tempted, nor tempt anyone, . . . .who is the Psalmist talking about when he says, "lead me not into temptation", . . . if all the words of the Bible are inspired?

Orion said:
According to James 1:13, if God cannot be tempted, nor tempt anyone, . . . .who is the Psalmist talking about when he says, "lead me not into temptation", . . . if all the words of the Bible are inspired?

Orion,

You are relying on others too much. Rely on the Bible. Just keep reading and reading, thoroughly, with an open mind.

Orion,

I don't know if it is to be considered the SAME, but we KNOW that God HAS altered the FEELINGS and actions of MANY throughout the history of His relationship with MAN.

Was it 'temptation' that hardened Pharoah's heart? I don't know if 'temptation' is the correct term in such situations.

But what this signifies in prayer is that we recognize the POWER of God to DELIVER us from temptation. For WHEN we have FAITH in HIM, there is LITTLE that is able to ALTER THAT. And it is THIS Faith that allows us to OVERCOME temptation. Regardless of what others may SAY, the truth is, that our FAITH makes it possible for us to conform to the will of God.

Blessings,

MEC

Orion said:
James 1:13-15
13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God:
for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished,
bringeth forth death. KJV

Tempted by/with what? Scripture says 'God cannot be tempted WITH EVIL...the same words should be in every other phrase. God does not tempt man WITH EVIL. (this is a mystery to understand)

v1414 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. God does not have LUST, and thereby He cannot be tempted by or with LUST.

Jesus said, Matt 7:17-18
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. KJV

The phrase "...lead me not into temptation..." is in the prayer Jesus was teaching the disciples to pray. Matt 6:13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: KJV Our natural humanity is to lust, therefore we need to pray that God will deliver us from what we would do naturally. And, we need to pray believing that God has delivered us from EVIL, LUSTFUL temptations.

Orion said:

The Psalmist is crying out to God. It's a cry of the heart. A heart that fears sin and wants to avoid it rather than defeat it. It's in the prayer Jesus taught us to pray as well.

The same cry was on Jesus' heart when he prayed “Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Meâ€Â.

....but sometimes, like Jesus, we must face trials.

Back