Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Photographs leaving the past behind

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

evenifigoalone

Fare thee well, Felicia
2024 Supporter
View attachment 2885

Something I did on GIMP recently since I'm unable to use Photoshop at the moment. I've done better, and humans are hard to draw. But I like the meaning behind this one, personally.

I guess it has a bit of a personal meaning for me. At the time I drew this, I was thinking how I feel like I have left the past (especially past emotional turmoil) behind, and how it needs to stay behind. (As a specific example, after I came out of depression, I was terrified of it coming back for months afterwards, and even had some nightmares about it. I'm past that fear now.)

I meant for it to be relatible (sp?) to by anyone, though.

P.S. I drew this at least two or three weeks ago, also.

I guess it has a bit of a personal meaning for me. At the time I drew this, I was thinking how I feel like I have left the past (especially past emotional turmoil) behind, and how it needs to stay behind. (As a specific example, after I came out of depression, I was terrified of it coming back for months afterwards, and even had some nightmares about it. I'm past that fear now.)

I meant for it to be relatible (sp?) to by anyone, though.

P.S. I drew this at least two or three weeks ago, also.

questdriven:

Well, interesting, thank-you and Philippians 3.13-14 immediately comes to mind from what you say. :)

Blessings.

questdriven:

Well, interesting, thank-you and Philippians 3.13-14 immediately comes to mind from what you say. :)

Blessings.
Good verse :) I added it to the description where I have this uploaded on dA.

Forgot to mention that the song Best is Yet to Come by Red helped to inspire this, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good verse :) I added it to the description where I have this uploaded on dA.

Forgot to mention that the song Best is Yet to Come by Red helped to inspire this, too.

questdriven:

Kind of ties in with your heavy metal interest, doesn't it?

(I can see some reasons why you are a hard rock / heavy metal lady.)

Blessings.

questdriven:

Kind of ties in with your heavy metal interest, doesn't it?

(I can see some reasons why you are a hard rock / heavy metal lady.)

Blessings.
Yeah. I think one reason I like it is because I can relate to the subject matter of a lot of the songs. And of course I also really enjoy the music style. Dramatic. I kinda like drama in art and music, I guess that's one reason I am/want to be an artist.

Yeah. I think one reason I like it is because I can relate to the subject matter of a lot of the songs. And of course I also really enjoy the music style. Dramatic. I kinda like drama in art and music, I guess that's one reason I am/want to be an artist.

questdriven:

You want to go to art school, maybe?

Blessings.

questdriven:

You want to go to art school, maybe?

Blessings.
I do. Trying to practice on a lot of things (backgrounds, human and animal anatomy, perspective, etc) at the moment so I can put together a good portfolio. I'm going to take at least a couple more years to practice and learn before I try to get into an art school, though. I've come a long way since I first started drawing, but there's still a lot I need to improve on.

I do. Trying to practice on a lot of things (backgrounds, human and animal anatomy, perspective, etc) at the moment so I can put together a good portfolio. I'm going to take a couple of years to practice. I've come a long way since I first started drawing, but there's still a lot I need to improve on.

questdriven:

Well, there's nothing like practice and more practice.

I think Bob Jones U has quite a good art focus. (But maybe you wouldn't make it your top choice, anyhow.)

Blessings.

questdriven:

Well, there's nothing like practice and more practice.

I think Bob Jones U has quite a good art focus. (But maybe you wouldn't make it your top choice, anyhow.)

Blessings.
I'll consider it. :)

Improvement:
View attachment 2886
(http://colliequest.deviantart.com/art/Revamp-of-old-pic-210032668 Link to original, blank meme in description.)
Left is from 2008, right is from 2011. I could probably do even better now. (I drew mostly dogs back then, so I can draw dogs probably better than anything else. I'm trying to force myself to draw things that I'm not used to, which means drawing fewer dogs.)

I'll consider it. :)

Improvement:
View attachment 3725
(http://colliequest.deviantart.com/art/Revamp-of-old-pic-210032668 Link to original, blank meme in description.)
Left is from 2008, right is from 2011. I could probably do even better now. (I drew mostly dogs back then, so I can draw dogs probably better than anything else. I'm trying to force myself to draw things that I'm not used to, which means drawing fewer dogs.)

questdriven:

Well, interesting. You seem to have a sort of Norman Rockwell, almost-cartoonish overtone to the drawings you like to do, anyway. At least, this would be my non-expert way of describing it, anyway.

(Bob Jones U. is supposed to be Baptist, I think; they seem to make a big deal of stuff such as dress codes. At least, they used to.)

Blessings.

questdriven:

Well, interesting. You seem to have a sort of Norman Rockwell, almost-cartoonish overtone to the drawings you like to do, anyway. At least, this would be my non-expert way of describing it, anyway.

(Bob Jones U. is supposed to be Baptist, I think; they seem to make a big deal of stuff such as dress codes. At least, they used to.)

Blessings.
Somewhat. I'm trying to learn realism, but it's pretty hard.

I guess Norman Rockwell could be considered an early influence. Didn't he write/draw Clifford the Big Red dog books? I used to love those as a kid. Or maybe I'm thinking of someone else.

Somewhat. I'm trying to learn realism, but it's pretty hard.

I guess Norman Rockwell could be considered an early influence. Didn't he write/draw Clifford the Big Red dog books? I used to love those as a kid. Or maybe I'm thinking of someone else.

questdriven:

Not sure. He seems to be very popular for calendars, still, Norman Rockwell.

Your style also reminds me a bit of Japanese and Korean cartoons, whether stills or animated, like with punky-haired figures, and so forth.

(BTW, Bob Jones U used to try to regulate what people wore; they may still do. Hostile to women's pants; limit to earrings, etc. At least, it used to be that way; not sure about now.)

Blessings.

questdriven:

Not sure. He seems to be very popular for calendars, still, Norman Rockwell.

Your style also reminds me a bit of Japanese and Korean cartoons, whether stills or animated, like with punky-haired figures, and so forth.

(BTW, Bob Jones U used to try to regulate what people wore; they may still do. Hostile to women's pants; limit to earrings, etc. At least, it used to be that way; not sure about now.)

Blessings.
Come to think of it, I think it was Norman Bridwell I was thinking of.

Well, I've definitely been influenced by anime as much of my work with drawing humans did happen from doing fanart this year. Anime is a very popular art style, though, so I'm trying not to follow it too closely. It's better to learn to draw based on what you see in real life.

(Okay. )

Come to think of it, I think it was Norman Bridwell I was thinking of.

Well, I've definitely been influenced by anime as much of my work with drawing humans did happen from doing fanart this year. Anime is a very popular art style, though, so I'm trying not to follow it too closely. It's better to learn to draw based on what you see in real life.

(Okay. )

questdriven:

Yes, well the anime style is getting very popular, it seems, what with the spikey haircuts and seeming karate experts that the pictures typically depict.

Blessings.

There are even books at the art store dedicated to drawing anime/manga.
I must say that I'm rather fascinated by it, I just want to base my style on real life so that I can develop my own unique style that doesn't look too much like anyone elses'.

There are even books at the art store dedicated to drawing anime/manga.
I must say that I'm rather fascinated by it, I just want to base my style on real life so that I can develop my own unique style that doesn't look too much like anyone elses'.

questdriven:

Well, I can understand it. Anyway, it seems to me that hard rock / heavy metal-inclined people tend to be highly individualistic in any case, and if it comes through with art, too, it's not surprising. (Not that people can really be categorized, of course; art and music is kind of open ended, anyway.)

Blessings.

Back