Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Left Behind Episodic TV Series

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

jasmine

I'm sure there those of us here have read the Left Behind series. There are even those who have seen the movies (the trilogy with Kirk Cameron). While they are good, they haven't been successful enough to keep going. Then they did a reboot, which I haven't seen. Well, if it ever gets another reboot, perhaps an episodic TV Series would be more idea. It would work better especially if there's so much to explore on. It would certainly be better than some big Hollywood studio trying to convert them into film series.

I know I've talked about this in another thread about the kids version being made into a TV series, and it could overlap with the adult series. Then on second thought, they probably each end up being their own thing.

Another thought I have is that maybe instead of starting with Left Behind, they could start with the three prequels- The Rising, The Regime, and The Rapture (though I think The Rapture could possibly overlap with Left Behind, since it's kind of taken place at the same time). Well, given that it was started with Left Behind twice already, it would make sense to start with something different.Suppose there was an announcement that went like, "Hey, you know that well-known story that talks about millions of people vanishing in one shocking moment? You're going to get an origin story!"

As an episodic series, it could be done chronologically. We could see Nicolae Carpathia's backstory, Rayford Steele learning how to be a pilot, Buck Williams at Princeton University, Suhail Akbar and Nelson Stenfich at Madrid Military Academy (I think it's mentioned that they had overlapping tenures there in The Remnant), Bruce Barnes attending Bible college, even Dr. Tsion Ben-Judah studying under Dr. Chaim Rosenzweig.

There would be a lot to explore on for a TV series, and it could do better than a movie franchise could do. Though I'm sure there are things to be concerned about, because even converting a book to a TV series can a be a challenge.

"Hey, you know that well-known story that talks about millions of people vanishing in one shocking moment?

Margaret MacDonald in Port Glasgow, Scotland in the 1800’s had a vision of a pretrib rapture, but she felt that the vision felt dark and evil as an untruth. When telling others of her vision many preachers ran with it as being true and started teaching their theories on pretrib rapture. There theories were handed down to us through such men as J.N. Darby, Edward Irving, C.I. Lewis and many others to present day. Notice the word theory. Theory is just the carnal minds way of interpreting something.

There is no mention in scripture about a secret quiet rapture or a second chance after the saints of God are caught up to meet Jesus in the air as Jesus will descend with a shout and with the trump of God. This does not sound like it’s going to be a quiet so called rapture does it and every eye will see him and every knee will bow saints and those who choose to reject Jesus. The Holy Spirit dwells in us the believers and isn’t something that just floats around in the air so for this reason when we are taken up so is the Holy Spirit giving no one a second chance because we are sealed by Gods Spirit for Salvation and after the Spirit is taken up no one has a second chance, 1Thessalonians 4:16; Revelation 1:7; John 14:17; 2Corinthians 1:21, 22 .

I'm sure there those of us here have read the Left Behind series. There are even those who have seen the movies (the trilogy with Kirk Cameron). While they are good, they haven't been successful enough to keep going. Then they did a reboot, which I haven't seen. Well, if it ever gets another reboot, perhaps an episodic TV Series would be more idea. It would work better especially if there's so much to explore on. It would certainly be better than some big Hollywood studio trying to convert them into film series.

I know I've talked about this in another thread about the kids version being made into a TV series, and it could overlap with the adult series. Then on second thought, they probably each end up being their own thing.

Another thought I have is that maybe instead of starting with Left Behind, they could start with the three prequels- The Rising, The Regime, and The Rapture (though I think The Rapture could possibly overlap with Left Behind, since it's kind of taken place at the same time). Well, given that it was started with Left Behind twice already, it would make sense to start with something different.Suppose there was an announcement that went like, "Hey, you know that well-known story that talks about millions of people vanishing in one shocking moment? You're going to get an origin story!"

As an episodic series, it could be done chronologically. We could see Nicolae Carpathia's backstory, Rayford Steele learning how to be a pilot, Buck Williams at Princeton University, Suhail Akbar and Nelson Stenfich at Madrid Military Academy (I think it's mentioned that they had overlapping tenures there in The Remnant), Bruce Barnes attending Bible college, even Dr. Tsion Ben-Judah studying under Dr. Chaim Rosenzweig.

There would be a lot to explore on for a TV series, and it could do better than a movie franchise could do. Though I'm sure there are things to be concerned about, because even converting a book to a TV series can a be a challenge.
It's not a bad idea. They are still turning out movies.

If the Chosen could find an audience, conceivable that Left Behind could too.

It's not a bad idea. They are still turning out movies.

If the Chosen could find an audience, conceivable that Left Behind could too.
I haven't thought of that. I guess it kind of makes sense if it was done by streaming services, especially if there are no commercial breaks.

Dallas Jenkins, Jerry B. Jenkins's son, is involved with The Chosen. If he and Randy LaHaye, Tim LaHaye's grandson, have any involvement with a Left Behind episodic TV series, it would certainly be a plus!

Plus, with a TV series, we might be able to see each different perspective of the Tribulation Force before the Rapture and how they became believers after the Rapture.

Margaret MacDonald in Port Glasgow, Scotland in the 1800’s had a vision of a pretrib rapture, but she felt that the vision felt dark and evil as an untruth. When telling others of her vision many preachers ran with it as being true and started teaching their theories on pretrib rapture. There theories were handed down to us through such men as J.N. Darby, Edward Irving, C.I. Lewis and many others to present day. Notice the word theory. Theory is just the carnal minds way of interpreting something.

There is no mention in scripture about a secret quiet rapture or a second chance after the saints of God are caught up to meet Jesus in the air as Jesus will descend with a shout and with the trump of God. This does not sound like it’s going to be a quiet so called rapture does it and every eye will see him and every knee will bow saints and those who choose to reject Jesus. The Holy Spirit dwells in us the believers and isn’t something that just floats around in the air so for this reason when we are taken up so is the Holy Spirit giving no one a second chance because we are sealed by Gods Spirit for Salvation and after the Spirit is taken up no one has a second chance, 1Thessalonians 4:16; Revelation 1:7; John 14:17; 2Corinthians 1:21, 22 .

Why the Doctrine of the Pretribulational Rapture Did Not Begin with Margaret Macdonald Thomas D. Ice

Yeah, though I'm sure there are things that a lot of fans of the book series would be concerned about.

For instance, how would they depict Nicolae Carpathia's resurrection on screen? I've seen murder mysteries but not one where the murdered victim comes back to life. So the question arises, "Do we want to see Carpathia's coming back from the dead play out in a TV series?" There's a part of me that says, "Ooh, yes!" Then another part of me says that there is something unsettling about that! This is especially if you don't know anything about what is happening! One idea to depict this would be is to show the audiences reaction as Carpathia is coming out of his casket! Then show Carpathia as he speaks!

The word "Rapture" is not found in the Bible. And yes, there's been dispute over the years on how the end times will occur.

The Left Behind series is a work of fiction, though it does gives some ideas. For instance, the way the locusts are described in the books actually matches with how they're described in Revelation. It does make wonder how they would do the locusts for a TV series.

While we're at it, we might as well talk about a Left Behind episodic TV series were to happen, we could make our wish list and things we might be concerned about.

That is your opinion.
Well then show me where pretrib is found in scripture by giving me the scriptures that state that of a pretrib Rapture and I will give you the scriptures that say the Church is still here during the seven trumpets and seven vial judgements.

Well then show me where pretrib is found in scripture by giving me the scriptures that state that of a pretrib Rapture and I will give you the scriptures that say the Church is still here during the seven trumpets and seven vial judgements.
This was never worth debating for me.

To many people defending what they believe and waste precious time speculating and studying end times and prophecy.

How does that help anyones sanctification?

This was never worth debating for me.

To many people defending what they believe and waste precious time speculating and studying end times and prophecy.

How does that help anyones sanctification?
Then why are you posting in here. If someone is going to reply to a thread the they need to prove what they say by backing themselves up with scripture.

Then why are you posting in here. If someone is going to reply to a thread the they need to prove what they say by backing themselves up with scripture.
If memory serves correctly, the Left behind series was pre trib.

Am I not allowed to comment?

I attached a link. to your comment on the so-called prophetess (no such thing today since Bible times) who came up with pre-trib.

If memory serves correctly, the Left behind series was pre trib.

Am I not allowed to comment?

I attached a link. to your comment on the so-called prophetess (no such thing today since Bible times) who came up with pre-trib.
Yes it is all about the pretrib and that is what I am discussing. It was you in post #12 that said this is not worth debating so again, why are you debating this with me. If you can not contribute then why are you here. After all these are discussions.

Hey, instead of debating all this "pre-trib" stuff, why not discuss the possibilities of a Left Behind TV series, which is the discussion is mainly about? Otherwise, this debate would be going off-track.

Hi jasmine

When subjects come up like what you present here that in regards to making this a series on TV others will put there input into it knowing that some are against presenting a pretrib theory that should not become a series that could lead many to fall away from what is very clear in scripture about the return of Christ. But I will graciously bow out and you have a great day.

But wouldn't most Christians agree that Jesus will come back, regardless of their views? I mean, we have to be ready for it, regardless.

Yes it is all about the pretrib and that is what I am discussing. It was you in post #12 that said this is not worth debating so again, why are you debating this with me. If you can not contribute then why are you here. After all these are discussions.
I did not know this was a debate thread.

I thought it was the Lounge.

I did not know this was a debate thread.

I thought it was the Lounge.
The only forum we can not debate in is the Question & Answer forum. I'm not into heavy debating, but good conversation as we see all sides of one's understanding.

Moving on now and you have a good day.

Back