Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Lenten Commentary on Psalm 2

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Jim Parker

Psa 2:1-3 (RSV) Why do the nations conspire, and the peoples plot in vain?
The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD and his anointed, saying, "Let us burst their bonds asunder, and cast their cords from us
."

Comments by St. Nikolai Velimirovich - Prayers by the Lake (XC)

The scribes who had spent their lifetime interpreting the law of God, now all rose up in unison not only to judge, but to put a man to death...The elders, decorated with countless external reminders of God's miracles among their people, but with no internal ones, dragged themselves from their hearths to join in the kill...All the visitors who had come to the city for the feast in order to bow down to Heaven and petition God, turned their backs on the Temple and, together with their hosts and innkeepers, rushed to seek the blood of a righteous man. The priests forgot the Temple and set out with their sacrificial knives, in order to save the people from God. The lame and the crippled raised their crutches and the blind their begging-bowls - as their only weapons to help kill the healer. Thus did a nation of sinners rise up, as unanimously as grass, to kill God. And the dagger that they swung against God slipped, and they stabbed themselves in the heart...May I never raise a stone at You and slay myself forever.

It is amusing to me as well as to YHWH that not only the Jews, but the heathen as well make an attempt to, for the Jew to love YHWH, and the heathen to love their god's, and yet hate any command or instruction to adhere too set laws of obedience. My amusement is verse....
Psalm 2:4 "He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision."

Mankind in general doesn't like to be told what to do...."Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us." So many times in Exodus, I read that the Israelite's told Moses "we will obey" and almost in the next breath complained about being in the wilderness and that Moses was killing them.

The ultimate rebellion against YHWH is what Nikolai wrote. Mankind, Jew & Gentile decided to kill God and His Son and carried out their pathetic plot. Yes, they killed the Messiah, and in reality, killed themselves. If they only weren't blinded by the evil one, they would have realized that the "bands & cords" of God Almighty were set in place for life instead of death to them.

For all the people of the world who foolishly say, "there is no God" and laugh at us who not only believe that there is a God and that His Son came to give us life, The Father, Son and Holy Spirit will have the last laugh....Of course, sending a human to the Lake of Fire, is no laughing matter, it's sad and inexcusable.

...Mankind in general doesn't like to be told what to do...."Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us." So many times in Exodus, I read that the Israelite's told Moses "we will obey" and almost in the next breath complained about being in the wilderness and that Moses was killing them.

It hit me hard when I was reading that and first realized that, that was the reason that God let them wander the desert for 40 years...whoa! Murmuring. The Lord doesn't like whiney crybabies.

Ever since, I can't help but to notice how negative most people talk. All the time! Many Christians too.

If you think about it...there is so much power in the spoken word that we should really be very very veerry careful what comes out of our mouth. Pondering this even affected how I pray. I grew up with a big mouth :angry3
not so much anymore, lol.

I learned patience, and to continually praise the Lord even during periods of household crisis (usually financial, lol)

:couch

Psa 2:12 - Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

Luk 22:47 ¶ And while he yet spake, behold a multitude, and he that was called Judas, one of the twelve, went before them, and drew near unto Jesus to kiss him.
Luk 22:48 - But Jesus said unto him, Judas, betrayest thou the Son of man with a kiss?​

The irony contained in Judas' betrayal...

They were expecting the coming Messiah to be a Priestly King adorned with fine clothing and jewels fit for a king. Satan laughs as they kill this lowly looking man seemingly full of blasphemies as He spoke against the Scribes and Pharisees, even condemning them. Satan who thought he did away with this man nailing Him to a cross isn't laughing anymore.

They still are expecting such... and so are many Christians... Makes me wonder if He will be overlooked again ...

They were expecting the coming Messiah to be a Priestly King adorned with fine clothing and jewels fit for a king. Satan laughs as they kill this lowly looking man seemingly full of blasphemies as He spoke against the Scribes and Pharisees, even condemning them. Satan who thought he did away with this man nailing Him to a cross isn't laughing anymore.

He's been fleeing ever since. :lol

They still are expecting such... and so are many Christians... Makes me wonder if He will be overlooked again ...
Actually that will be impossible, and the key is found in this verse: Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little.

When Christ comes back to the earth the second time it will be "with power and great glory", as well as wrath, and the whole world will see Him with fear and trembling and mourning.

Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. (Rev 1:7). And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him. (Jude 14,15).

Many Christians forget that Christ is the Stone which the builders rejected. Therefore His enemies will be crush by that Stone and ground to powder.

Matthew 27:15-54 the people spoke and made their choice, but their choice did not bring death, but brought eternal life to all who will believe that Jesus is Messiah as through their ignorance they were actually fulfilling prophecy.

Last edited:

I'm not sure why Reba, but your post reminds me of where I live. This morning, in my study of Revelation, I read this....
Revelation 2:13 "I know where you dwell, where Satan's throne is. Yet you hold fast my name, and you did not deny my faith even in the days of Antipas my faithful witness, who was killed among you, where Satan dwells."

I'm not sure if you have ever heard of the "Great Awakening" in Northampton, Massachusetts...."Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God" is a sermon written by British Colonial Christian theologian Jonathan Edwards, preached to his own congregation in Northampton, Massachusetts to unknown effect,[1] and again on July 8, 1741 in Enfield, Connecticut.[2] Like Edwards' other works, it combines vivid imagery of Hell with observations of the world and citations of the scripture. It is Edwards' most famous written work, is a fitting representation of his preaching style,[3] and is widely studied by Christians and historians, providing a glimpse into the theology of the Great Awakening of c. 1730–1755.

Presently, Northampton, MA is another Sodom. There is a small group of Christians there, but for the most part, arrogant heathen and a large population of homosexuals live there. I'm about 25 miles from Northampton, in Greenfield. On my little dead end street there are 11 single family homes and 3 of them house homosexual couples. Greenfield is slowly becoming like Northampton. I am friendly to all 3 couples, they know I'm a Christian, and of course, being friendly, I have an open door for the Gospel.

Now, to where Satan dwells. About 6 miles from my house is Lake Pleasant, MA For about 200 years, or more, it has been the place for a satanic gathering site for witches, warlocks, (sp) and satanic worshipers from all over the world. They have their own airport and a satanic church where, world wide, these demon filled people come to worship Satan, and open it to anyone who wants fortunes told, palms read, etc etc. The month of July is when they gather at Lake Pleasant.

Most of the Gospel preaching Churches in about a fifty mile radius experience tremendous satanic attacks of different types. In the Church that I started in Greenfield, one of my Asst. Pastors got in an argument with a lady and her son which did not end well. There were other disruptions, like I couldn't finish a powerful sermon because of noise and commotion in the children's church.

Of all the places that I've lived, I truly believe that this Lake Pleasant is one of the places that Satan has set up a throne of operation....When you wrote about Jesus being "overlooked" it hit home with me because Jesus certainly has been overlooked in this geographical area.

I would move back to Maine except my Wife Debi grew up in this area and her Brother and Sister life here.

Maybe God planted you on the rocky soil...Mighty men of God do not have the easy road...
I Lived 20 years in one of the areas Frank Peretti book this present darkness was SORTA about... so i hear what you are saying loud and clear..

Maybe God planted you on the rocky soil...Mighty men of God do not have the easy road...
I Lived 20 years in one of the areas Frank Peretti book this present darkness was SORTA about... so i hear what you are saying loud and clear..
Maybe we all need to take His light out from under the bushel more often......? :shrug
If the country (with the rest of the world) is going to hell in a hand basket, maybe we're letting our crowns as "royal priests' gather dust and we're neglecting the ministry of reconciliation which was given to us by Jesus. :sleep

How may arrogant, God-hating, sexual perverts, atheists, etc. does God hate?
Zero.
How many did Jesus die for?
100%

What is it we're missing? Why is Satan's control growing? What should I be doing that I'm not doing? :confused

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back