Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Lets Talk About God's Will to heal.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
16 Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego replied to him, “King Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you in this matter. 17 If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to deliver us from it, and he will deliver us[c] from Your Majesty’s hand. 16 Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego replied to him, “King Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you in this matter. 17 If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to deliver us from it, and he will deliver us[c] from Your Majesty’s hand. 18 But even if he does not, we want you to know, Your Majesty, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up.”, we want you to know, Your Majesty, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up.” Daniel 3 NIV

Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego said, "18 But even if he does not".

Wow! This is understanding the counsel of the LORD...If it is His will!

Your reading that a bit off.

Dan 3:17 kjva If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king.

He will deliver us.

That is Faith, and they are not changing their belief or knowing God never fails.
The know God will, without a doubt, without fail, deliver them.

The factor they are not sure about is the king.

The king loved them, did not want to harm them and they had favour with the king. They knew this.They also knew a king has to keep his word. So they said.

Dan 3:18 kjva But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.

They are not changing their minds about God delivering them. They are speaking to the king whom they knew favored them.

If you don't throw us in the fire, we will not worship your God.

The Hebrew is addressing the king for a situation in case he does not throw them in the fire. If they felt God might fail, which they did not then they would be dead and would not have told the king they won't worship his God's.

That would not make sense anyway.

Dan 3:17-18 BBE 17 If our God, whose servants we are, is able to keep us safe from the burning and flaming fire, and from your hands, O King, he will keep us safe. 18 But if not, be certain, O King, that we will not be the servants of your gods, or give worship to the image of gold which you have put up.

They are addressing the king, not talking about God.

Save Noah and his family from the flood.

Faith, all by itself, without the work of obedience is dead.

Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. James 2:17

If Naaman believes God can heal him, but doesn't go and dip in the Jordan, then he doesn't get healed.

JLB

Faith without corresponding action is dead. Got it.
Brother Chopper Amen and Thank YOU. I want to add a couple of things which I believe go right along with what you said here......
One is this....since we are redeemed from the curse of the law - this means we are redeemed from the curse of sickness and disease !! Thank You Jesus.
The other is this...
Mark 14:12 KJV
... Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do SHALL he do ALSO AND Greater works than these shall he do; BECAUSE I go unnto my Father.

Brother Chopper I think every one can agree that God heals......:amen....I think we need a thread ON HOW TO GET HIM TO DO IT. :bible
That is the real question the people cry out for.....What do you think about this ?
Have a wonderful and blessed day Brother Chopper
Jim

Not so much on how to get God to do it. God has done all, already. Given us all thing that pertain to this life.

Teaching what exactly born again means, and was child you are. Who's seed you are. Who's righteousness you are.

Church pastors have failed miserably in basic things. Hence we have these people void of understanding and their eyes darkened, to be led by natural reasonings.

Brother Chopper I think every one can agree that God heals......:amen....I think we need a thread ON HOW TO GET HIM TO DO IT. :bible
That is the real question the people cry out for.....What do you think about this ?
Have a wonderful and blessed day Brother Chopper
Jim
A thread on how to make God do our will?

A thread on how to make God do our will?

A Thread on how we are to make sickness bow down to God's will and leave God's Covenant people, in Jesus Name, would be better.

JLB

Nope

Dan 3:17 kjva If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king.18 But if(He does) not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.
The immediate context, and natural reading show that maybe God will and maybe God won't deliver them from the furnace. They had resolve and stood on principle no matter what the outcome.....they were mature believers.
Just about every bible scholar and commentary will show this to be true.
Barnes' Notes on the Bible

Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary

Matthew Poole's Commentary

Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible

EXEGETICAL (ORIGINAL LANGUAGES)
Cambridge Bible for Schools and Colleges
18. But even if He cannot, or will not, do this, still we can never fall down and worship thy gods.

The king loved them, did not want to harm them and they had favour with the king. They knew this.They also knew a king has to keep his word. So they said.
This was the attitude of the king......

Dan 3:13~~New American Standard Bible
Then Nebuchadnezzar in rage and anger gave orders to bring Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-nego; then these men were brought before the king.

And Yes, these three KNEW that the king keeps his word.

Dan 3-15~~New American Standard Bible
"Now if you are ready, at the moment you hear the sound of the horn, flute, lyre, trigon, psaltery and bagpipe and all kinds of music, to fall down and worship the image that I have made, very well. But if you do not worship, you will immediately be cast into the midst of a furnace of blazing fire; and what god is there who can deliver you out of my hands?"

These three were not babes in Christ or deceived to think that God will protect them physically ALWAYS. They were mature believers and they were resolved to venture suffering rather than sinning, and leave the cause to God.

Last edited:
Nope

The immediate context, and natural reading show that maybe God will and maybe God won't deliver them from the furnace. They had resolve and stood on principle no matter what the outcome.....they were mature believers.
Just about every bible scholar and commentary will show this to be true.
Barnes' Notes on the Bible

Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary

Matthew Poole's Commentary

Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible

EXEGETICAL (ORIGINAL LANGUAGES)
Cambridge Bible for Schools and Colleges
18. But even if He cannot, or will not, do this, still we can never fall down and worship thy gods.

This was the attitude of the king......

These three were not babes in Christ or deceived to think that God will protect them physically ALWAYS. They were mature believers and they were resolved to venture suffering rather than sinning, and leave the cause to God.

No. The king liked these folks, they were denials people whom had favour with the king.

Dan 2:49 BBE And at Daniel's request, the king gave Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego authority over the business of the land of Babylon: but Daniel was kept near the king's person.

They already said God would deliver them, they did not change their mind but just told the king if, not.....kill us and throw us in the fire we will not worship your God's.

They were certainly not faithless people as you suggest. The outcome no matter was we won't worship your God's as we will still be alive no matter what you

These three were not babes in Christ or deceived to think that God will protect them physically ALWAYS.

2Th 3:2-3 kjva 2 And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith. 3 But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil.

Luk 10:19 kjva Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

Isa 54:17 kjva No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

Psa 91:6-10 kjva 6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday. 7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee. 8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked. 9 Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation; 10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

Gen 22:5 kjva And Abraham said unto his young men, Abide ye here with the ass; and I and the lad will go yonder and worship, and come again to you.

Heb 11:17-19 kjva 17 By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son, 18 Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called: 19 Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.

So, David, Jesus, Isaiah, Abraham and Paul must have been unlearned and babes in Christ according to your understanding of Daniel.

Got it.

No. The king liked these folks, they were denials people whom had favour with the king.

Dan 2:49 BBE And at Daniel's request, the king gave Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego authority over the business of the land of Babylon: but Daniel was kept near the king's person.

They already said God would deliver them, they did not change their mind but just told the king if, not.....kill us and throw us in the fire we will not worship your God's.

They were certainly not faithless people as you suggest. The outcome no matter was we won't worship your God's as we will still be alive no matter what you

2Th 3:2-3 kjva 2 And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith. 3 But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil.

Luk 10:19 kjva Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

Isa 54:17 kjva No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

Psa 91:6-10 kjva 6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday. 7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee. 8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked. 9 Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation; 10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

Gen 22:5 kjva And Abraham said unto his young men, Abide ye here with the ass; and I and the lad will go yonder and worship, and come again to you.

Heb 11:17-19 kjva 17 By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son, 18 Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called: 19 Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.

So, David, Jesus, Isaiah, Abraham and Paul must have been unlearned and babes in Christ according to your understanding of Daniel.

Got it.
I got it Sir!

At least there is another side posted for people who want to check it out.

Here, the answer:

1 Corinthians 12:27-28 Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is part of it. And in the church God has appointed first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then workers of miracles, also those having gifts of healing, those able to help others, those with gifts of administration, and those speaking in different kinds of tongues.

So, we all have our part in the body. And I think we all know where which part we are in his body.

Dan 3:17 kjva If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king.

He will deliver us.

That is Faith, and they are not changing their belief or knowing God never fails.
The know God will, without a doubt, without fail, deliver them.

The factor they are not sure about is the king.

Dan 3:18 kjva But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.

They are not changing their minds about God delivering them. They are speaking to the king whom they knew favored them.

If you don't throw us in the fire, we will not worship your God.

The Hebrew is addressing the king for a situation in case he does not throw them in the fire. If they felt God might fail, which they did not then they would be dead and would not have told the king they won't worship his God's.

That would not make sense anyway.

Dan 3:17-18 BBE 17 If our God, whose servants we are, is able to keep us safe from the burning and flaming fire, and from your hands, O King, he will keep us safe. 18 But if not, be certain, O King, that we will not be the servants of your gods, or give worship to the image of gold which you have put up.

They are addressing the king, not talking about God.

Faith without corresponding action is dead. Got it.

Not so much on how to get God to do it. God has done all, already. Given us all thing that pertain to this life.

Teaching what exactly born again means, and was child you are. Who's seed you are. Who's righteousness you are.

Church pastors have failed miserably in basic things. Hence we have these people void of understanding and their eyes darkened, to be led by natural reasonings.

You of all people missing the entire point of what I said....Trippy brother...........Yes God has done it all already.......It's the people who do not know how to get it to be manifested in their lives....Funny how I wrote this to one person and they knew exactly what was being said........

I got it Sir!

At least there is another side posted for people who want to check it out.

Do you got it?

We are actually debating how good our father is with his scriptures. We don't have to go to he'll, so I would say he is pretty good.

You of all people missing the entire point of what I said....Trippy brother...........Yes God has done it all already.......It's the people who do not know how to get it to be manifested in their lives....Funny how I wrote this to one person and they knew exactly what was being said........

Lol. Ok brother.

reba my pastor teaches that God isn't some genie that we call forth nor is to be commanded. we don't command god to do anything.

also jesus healed lazarus. lazarus died again. the idea that our bodily death isn't a healing is missing the message of what paul says about the mortal must die so that we can have the NEW life.

from right here...
Yes Reba I know where you got the quote from I did not understand why you worded it as you did.. :hug
What I was saying to Chopper is that most Christians do believe that God will heal their sickness's How ever they have no clue how to get God to do it. Another words how to activate or see the healing manifestated in their lives.
This is the reason many feel God does not heal today. They simply do not know how to see it through.

Gods word is full of promises to us however those promises will not simply just work in a believers life. There are set things in His word that must be done in order to acvtivate His promises. One example since we are talking about healing. One can not expect God to bring forth a victory such as healing in their life if they refuse to walk in Love anf forgiveness for these are directly connected with faith. One can not doubt or fear but must believe with out waver.
Blessings
Jim

reba my pastor teaches that God isn't some genie that we call forth nor is to be commanded. we don't command god to do anything.

also jesus healed lazarus. lazarus died again. the idea that our bodily death isn't a healing is missing the message of what paul says about the mortal must die so that we can have the NEW life.

That is correct Jason but this is not what I said to chopper and now with reba.....that is to your first part and as to the second........well if you say so

That is correct Jason but this is not what I said to chopper and now with reba.....that is to your first part and as to the second........well if you say so
if we already have that at the cross, then why do we need to pray for it? food for though we are saved when we repent and the healing is there. there wouldn't be a need to ask the elders. simply believe. its already cured. yet that isn't what the bible says. of course one could make that arugement for praying for forgiveness from sins. but that isn't supportable.

some here seem to assume that salvation is about riches and blessings NOW and seem to ignore that wealth is very heavy and costly thing. I know my wifes past. she has said I had some moderate upper class/middle class exposure from my parents and was in a broken home. which is the better blessing? a poor and small home/income but the time to be with family and solid relationship or the rich homes and a broken marriage and kids. I choose the later. I have seen what wealth here can do and most often its not good to have it. society today is so out of bent on what things we need and want. the bible says needs not wants. there is a difference. and in the west there is a lot lusts that we simply don't need. I don't need 2000 sq ft of home if im single let alone married. I have about that now. sure I would like more room. but really to get that would mean less time at church and at home. no thanks

Here, the answer:

1 Corinthians 12:27-28 Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is part of it. And in the church God has appointed first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then workers of miracles, also those having gifts of healing, those able to help others, those with gifts of administration, and those speaking in different kinds of tongues.

So, we all have our part in the body. And I think we all know where which part we are in his body.
This is good and true.
Now those who have the gift of healing, what are they doing with it?
There must be more use for it out there than sitting at home, writing on a forum.

Ya, we will die eventually anyway. Jesus wasted his time healing someone that was already doomed.

I used that same logic on my dad about making my bed. It will just get messed up again anyway.

He grounded me to my room with no diner since I would just get hungry again anyway.

Yes Reba I know where you got the quote from I did not understand why you worded it as you did.. :hug
What I was saying to Chopper is that most Christians do believe that God will heal their sickness's How ever they have no clue how to get God to do it. Another words how to activate or see the healing manifestated in their lives.
This is the reason many feel God does not heal today. They simply do not know how to see it through.

Gods word is full of promises to us however those promises will not simply just work in a believers life. There are set things in His word that must be done in order to acvtivate His promises. One example since we are talking about healing. One can not expect God to bring forth a victory such as healing in their life if they refuse to walk in Love anf forgiveness for these are directly connected with faith. One can not doubt or fear but must believe with out waver.
Blessings
Jim
Jim, you are presenting the "magic" formula again.
Why is it that there is nothing we can do to be saved but we have to do something to be healed?
Can you use Scripture to squarely answer this question?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back