Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Let's Talk Christmas

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Yeah. The more digits to the left of the decimal point a woman sees on a man's pay check, the more they respond.

Am I right guys, or am I right?

You are wrong. If a woman has the choice who to have sex with: a rich but physically unattractive guy, or a good lookig working class guy with six pack abs do you really think the pay check matters? You have no idea what male six pack abs can do to a woman's brain. :)

I know this is supposed to be a light hearted thread about a completely different topic, but I'd like to point out the inconsistency in your words. I would bet you think that men should be providers for their wifes, right? And women should be the homemakers who have to accept being provided for. If you believe that that's the nature of all men and women then it makes no sense making fun of women being gold diggers, because that's exactly the kind of behaviour your conservative gender roles encourage.
If women can provide for themselves they have no reason to chose an older and less attractive guy just because he's rich over a same age man who is attractive physically and personality-wise.

Claudya, either you're just way more honest than most Christian women, or you really are just too liberal.

I'm leaning toward the latter.

How is honest and liberal an "either-or" thing? :hips

You are wrong. If a woman has the choice who to have sex with: a rich but physically unattractive guy, or a good lookig working class guy with six pack abs do you really think the pay check matters? You have no idea what male six pack abs can do to a woman's brain. :)

I know this is supposed to be a light hearted thread about a completely different topic, but I'd like to point out the inconsistency in your words. I would bet you think that men should be providers for their wifes, right? And women should be the homemakers who have to accept being provided for. If you believe that that's the nature of all men and women then it makes no sense making fun of women being gold diggers, because that's exactly the kind of behaviour your conservative gender roles encourage.
If women can provide for themselves they have no reason to chose an older and less attractive guy just because he's rich over a same age man who is attractive physically and personality-wise.

stated from an European female. I have been poor, and I was attractive then, not much on dates. money sadly even amongst Christian females is a plus. just to further debunk you, when I met my wife, she was living in an 18ft rv, she was cleaning homes, and working at dillards. she also had just sold her home because her ex was stalking her. I made more money then her then as 9-11 killed her business and soon there after she was unable to work. she hates the fact that she cant work, but I have observed what jethro has said. its an American phenomon not an European. but I also know that german ladies will simply marry a gi simply to get away from Germany and this is more common ere the euro as the dollar was stronger and we had more of presence in that nation. it also applies to small hick towns such as where I live. my town is FORMER MILITARY TOWN OF THE WW2 ERA. I saw it when it was reading up on the navy air field we have. I also noticed the striking similarties when I was a young gi in other towns.

Im obviously going to be a single man for life then. I dont have a 6 pack and i got no cash but its handed out like a waterfall to everyone else in the family. They get everything given to them on a platter just bludgers. I dont want or ask for anything and i got nothing and im happy.

I dont want to be like my old mate who are now built as briks thinking they all tough big men.

I dont need to be handed everything because im independant and my family still cant leave me alone, the more i dont expect and distant myself from there crap, the more they stress and worry about me. I was sick of being a fake lier. I dont deserve nothing and i dont want it. I dont want nothing. Im over it.

But its all good, Jesus Christ is my friend, covers with his non material love. his power is just more than anything i dont really need to worry if im rich or have a 6 pack. Maybe one day i might meet a beautiful woman, someone in another personal relationship but im just over everything dont worry me either way.

Kiwi, we DO worry about you. You're our brother in Christ, we love you as such and we want you to find peace.

stated from an European female. I have been poor, and I was attractive then, not much on dates. money sadly even amongst Christian females is a plus. just to further debunk you, when I met my wife, she was living in an 18ft rv, she was cleaning homes, and working at dillards. she also had just sold her home because her ex was stalking her. I made more money then her then as 9-11 killed her business and soon there after she was unable to work. she hates the fact that she cant work, but I have observed what jethro has said. its an American phenomon not an European. but I also know that german ladies will simply marry a gi simply to get away from Germany and this is more common ere the euro as the dollar was stronger and we had more of presence in that nation. it also applies to small hick towns such as where I live. my town is FORMER MILITARY TOWN OF THE WW2 ERA. I saw it when it was reading up on the navy air field we have. I also noticed the striking similarties when I was a young gi in other towns.

If cultural descendance (being European) is a determining factor in that sort of behaviour then we can assume it's not somehting biological?

Of course other things than money or physical attractiveness matter in mating choices, too. Especially if it's not simply about sex, but about an emotional relationship. No idea why you didn't get dates. I don't get dates even though good enough looking and intelligent because I'm shy and so scared of people that I unconsciously do everything to avoid dating because I expect to be rejected anyway. Some people told me that I have an aggressive grumpy aura on me, basically discouraging everyone from initialising contact with me. Not sure what was wrong with you back then, it's usually more complex than just money and looks.
But in the simplified situation of having a female choose whether she'd rather have sex with a rich but unattractive guy or a hot but poor guy with all other things (emotional attachment, personality, and so on) left aside I doubt the rich guy would get laid.
If a woman does go the gold digger way and chooses a less attractive rich guy for marriage I bet she would still secretly stare at the rear sight of the hot guys.
Ad financial independence of women would further reduce her pressure to find a man to provide for her. I think if I were able to provide for myself I would prefere a guy that has about the same income because that implies we have a lot of similarities (like same education and similar priorities and so on) and would be best for a power neutral relationship.

Wonder what's with the women who marry a GI in order to get away from here. It seems ethically questionable - it's like using the guy for a personal goal - and there are other and more honest ways of emmigrating from here. But I doubt those women are a significant number anyway.

If cultural descendance (being European) is a determining factor in that sort of behaviour then we can assume it's not somehting biological?

Of course other things than money or physical attractiveness matter in mating choices, too. Especially if it's not simply about sex, but about an emotional relationship. No idea why you didn't get dates. I don't get dates even though good enough looking and intelligent because I'm shy and so scared of people that I unconsciously do everything to avoid dating because I expect to be rejected anyway. Some people told me that I have an aggressive grumpy aura on me, basically discouraging everyone from initialising contact with me. Not sure what was wrong with you back then, it's usually more complex than just money and looks.
But in the simplified situation of having a female choose whether she'd rather have sex with a rich but unattractive guy or a hot but poor guy with all other things (emotional attachment, personality, and so on) left aside I doubt the rich guy would get laid.
If a woman does go the gold digger way and chooses a less attractive rich guy for marriage I bet she would still secretly stare at the rear sight of the hot guys.
Ad financial independence of women would further reduce her pressure to find a man to provide for her. I think if I were able to provide for myself I would prefere a guy that has about the same income because that implies we have a lot of similarities (like same education and similar priorities and so on) and would be best for a power neutral relationship.

Wonder what's with the women who marry a GI in order to get away from here. It seems ethically questionable - it's like using the guy for a personal goal - and there are other and more honest ways of emmigrating from here. But I doubt those women are a significant number anyway.
its significant enough that when I was on orders for Germany that the army gave us a brief about it. it common to have soldiers marry Europeans and asiatics then they come here to stateside and divorce. divorce is high amongst gi's.

my wife also was able to work on some mechanical things on a car. despite all the so called progress you like. I have only met two female mechanics. now then power neutral? ok women are far better at understand their child then any man would. I have observed my wife and monica's instincts with both jaci and Nathan. I simply don't have that. they do it naturally. so why would take that from them when they buy nature excel. likewise only I as a man can talk to Nathan about men stuff, as I have the urges and hormones he has and women don't. monica, jaci and my wife are all tomboys. but even they don't understand the male nature of Nathan(jaci obviously). Nathan likes to wrestle me. monica doesn't care for that. tammy wouldn't either despite her health.

Im obviously going to be a single man for life then. I dont have a 6 pack and i got no cash
Well my example was a bit of an extreme and simplified scenario to show that girls respond to the same kind of visuals on men than guys do on women, much rather than going after money.
In reality a big component of how attractive a person is to potential partners is their behaviour (intelligence, sense of humour, trustworthyness, confidence, personality, values and opinions and so on). So nobody is doomed to singleness just because of their looks or their money.

Oh and btw getting a six pack is rather easy though if you are normal weight. You don't even need to spend money to hit a gym, body weight exercises can do the trick completely. ;-)

but its handed out like a waterfall to everyone else in the family. They get everything given to them on a platter just bludgers. I dont want or ask for anything and i got nothing and im happy.

I dont want to be like my old mate who are now built as bricks thinking they all tough big men.

I dont need to be handed everything like my family because im independant and my family still cant leave me alone, the more i dont expect and distant myself from there crap, the more they stress and worry about me. I was sick of being a fake lier. I still am sometimes and it sucks. I hate it. I dont deserve nothing and i dont want it. I dont want nothing. Im over it.
So your family worrying about you makes you angry? It sounds like a perfectly normal thing for a family to worry for one of them, even if you may disagree with how they obtain their money or so.

But its all good, Jesus Christ is my best friend, he covers with his non material love, his power is just more than anything i dont need to worry if im rich or have a 6 pack and a girlfriend.

Maybe one day i might meet a beautiful woman, someone in another personal relationship but im just over everything dont worry me either way.
The Bible says that some people are called to remain single for a long time or even for their life so they can serve God better that way. Maybe it is your calling to be independent of love and sex and only focus on God?
On the other hand I sense some bitterness in your lines. It's like you are turned off of humans because they have disappointed you and focus on God because you have givenn up on human relationships. That is not God's calling. We are made for fellowship, even those of us that are called to remain single.

Married people will get it.

Married And Content

A man and a woman who had never met before, but who were both married to other people, found themselves assigned to the same sleeping room on a trans-continental train.

Though initially embarrassed and uneasy over sharing a room, they were both very tired and fell asleep quickly, he in the upper berth and she in the lower.

At 1:00 AM, the man leaned down and gently woke the woman saying, 'Ma'am, I'm sorry to bother you, but would you be willing to reach into the closet to get me a second blanket?

I'm awfully cold.'

'I have a better idea,' she replied, 'Just for tonight, let's pretend that we're married.'

'Wow! That's a great idea!', he exclaimed.

'Good,' she replied, 'get your own f******* blanket!'

After a moment of silence, he farted.

The End

its significant enough that when I was on orders for Germany that the army gave us a brief about it. it common to have soldiers marry Europeans and asiatics then they come here to stateside and divorce. divorce is high amongst gi's.
I wonder what that brief said....
Anyway, the divorce rate may be due to the women not being able to adjust to a life in the USA, or struggling with the notion of being a mere soldiers wife after they left their own personal life behind when leaving their home coutry. That's a problem a lot of people have that follow their spouse into their home country. You leave your life, your friends, your family, your home, maybe your hobbies behind and have to live in a place where all you know is your spouse. Your identity receives a huge blow and you have to struggle with a different culture and language. I bet this situation would put most marriages to a test.

my wife also was able to work on some mechanical things on a car. despite all the so called progress you like. I have only met two female mechanics. now then power neutral? ok women are far better at understand their child then any man would. I have observed my wife and monica's instincts with both jaci and Nathan. I simply don't have that. they do it naturally. so why would take that from them when they buy nature excel. likewise only I as a man can talk to Nathan about men stuff, as I have the urges and hormones he has and women don't. monica, jaci and my wife are all tomboys. but even they don't understand the male nature of Nathan(jaci obviously). Nathan likes to wrestle me. monica doesn't care for that. tammy wouldn't either despite her health.

Hm, I'm not sure I understand your argumentation.
How does being good at mechanical things have anything to do with power in a relationship?
Women don't have urges and hormones? Huh?
Also you are contradicting yourself. Monica and your wife are instinctively good at talking to their child and men aren't.. but then you say you are better at talking to Nathan than the ladies are?
But I've seen men that are great at talking to their kids. They'd probably be sad about how you claim that they aren't good at that.

"Every refuge has it's price." - the Eagles, Lying Eyes

I doubt there are many at all. Certainly nothing like the years after World War II when Germany was in ruins and marrying GIs offered desperate women a way out.

My in-laws - who sponsored several displaced people after WWII, and even after the Vietnam War - sort of "adopted" a young German woman. She had been a college student during the war, married a GI to get to the states, and the marriage fell apart because there wasn't any real basis for it to succeed. My in-laws took her in and helped her get established as a new American citizen. She became quite successful and remained a loyal friend of the family. She and I became good friends when I married into the family and was earning my undergraduate and graduate degrees. She helped me with my German - I'm terrible at learning new languages - and we had a love of good coffee in common. We shared a lot of stories, she about the war and growing up in pre-war Germany, me about military life and growing up in post-war rural America.

I don't think such circumstance are so common anymore for European women.

If a woman has the choice who to have sex with: a rich but physically unattractive guy, or a good lookig working class guy with six pack abs do you really think the pay check matters?
For a one night stand, 'no'. But for a long term relationship, 'yes'.

Hey, did you have anything to do with the ruckus in Hamburg, lol?

Didn't Luther get the idea for the Christmas tree by seeing the stars shining through the branches of a tree?

You have no idea what male six pack abs can do to a woman's brain. :)
I'll get you some for Christmas....but they may look kind of funny on you.

I would bet you think that men should be providers for their wifes, right? And women should be the homemakers who have to accept being provided for.
It's about submission. That's one way submission can look like in the home. I wonder what submission looks like in Santa's house?

If you believe that that's the nature of all men and women then it makes no sense making fun of women being gold diggers, because that's exactly the kind of behaviour your conservative gender roles encourage.
Like so many of our built-in human propensities, I see the innate need of the woman to be secure as that which gets corrupted in the case of the woman who can't be with a man who does not have the big bucks. Just as I see the innate quality of a man to be stimulated visually is what gets corrupted when we see men who can't be with a woman unless she looks like Kim K.

Problem is, we just don't see that here in America. Really. I mean that.

I don't know what Santa makes, but would you marry him if Mrs. Clause suddenly kicked the bucket? He's old...really old...but he's jolly, and definitely does not have a six pack, lol. Where's the turn on for you?

I'm wondering if what you said is really more common among women and you're just being honest in revealing it, or if what you said is just an expression of a not so widely found liberal Christianity. (I can't even remember what it's in reference to, lol).

I wonder what that brief said....
Anyway, the divorce rate may be due to the women not being able to adjust to a life in the USA, or struggling with the notion of being a mere soldiers wife after they left their own personal life behind when leaving their home coutry. That's a problem a lot of people have that follow their spouse into their home country. You leave your life, your friends, your family, your home, maybe your hobbies behind and have to live in a place where all you know is your spouse. Your identity receives a huge blow and you have to struggle with a different culture and language. I bet this situation would put most marriages to a test.

motherly instincts in they will see things long before a man would will with relationships. monica told me that the girl liked Nathan long before Nathan took notice. I have learned to trust that type of instincts. my wife will mention when a woman flirts with me and I don't see it. men are that stupid at times. most of my wifes issues with her body are from work not age. she worked her right arm to its current state and her back from that as well.

hormones for a man is different. do men have large amounts of testerone or estrogen? do our breasts produce milk? do our ovaries drop eggs? oh yeah. we don't have an ovum nor uterus nor vagina. we have a penis. what I call the second brain. with Nathan. and boys in general. when we have them in church the boys will run before class and play. the girls in general at the same age wont. yes younger they do. that isn't taught to them. just nature. are there exceptions? yes!

now then unto the briefing. from what I recall as it was over 20 plus years ago and im not jag lawyer on this stuff
1) go to a bar and german female next to you might be a minor despite her chest size. poke it and and its the case the army will let you rot in the german prison as theres Is nothing you can do
2) german girls like gis for their money they will cheat on their husbands to get things from you or bf or just date you to come here. seen that all to many times.
3) if you marry them be sure they are true.

remember that in the army then and even now its a time honored right of passage to fornicate and commit adultery. I was a virgin when I entered service and lost it while in service.

with talking its one thing. do I have to be able to buy jaci first bra? or would that best for the women who actually have the breasts to were them? would I ?yes if I need to but its best for monica or my wife to do that. if they were gone and I had jaci then I would find a lady in church to take jaci to the right store and get the bra.

Last edited:
Back