Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Let's Unpack One Verse Here...

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Stay on topic :hips

staying on topic is very difficult for me too...

No, it's ok. It actually is on topic anyway. It's the verse which I wanted to unpack, and this is his take on it, which is what I wanted, and it would be relevant to it, so it's ok.

I may not have been posting a whole lot as this thread goes on, but I liked the back and forth of their conversation and didn't want to derail their convo about it.

Let me make a redneck comment about faith.
One faith? Yes.
Is it fully explained from day one? No.
Is some hidden from day one? Yes.
Is it developmental? Yes.
Does the physical come first? Yes.
Does the eternal come by Christ? Yes.

This comment will be separate to quiet screams.
Is salvation completed at the judgement? Yes.

The power behind salvation came at the Cross, but we will be saved fir eternal entrance into heaven. (IMHO)

II Chronicles 7:14
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

This is a progressive step under the law of temporal benefit (school master). This is a works of the law that was good as long as they did not worship other gods. Healing a land is not an eternal heaven bound promise.

What blows my mind is Abraham not looking for an earthly land. Abraham was looking for a city whose builder and maker was God. The law was a schoolmaster till Christ was revealed.

Heaven was the plan of God. God just hid some aspects in a manner past some of my understanding (through a glass darkly).

Light allows us to see, but enlightment lets us understand (higher order).

Dresser of garden.
Learn to overcome briars.
Learn to depend on a new thing called rain.
Lesrned how to overcome enemies
Learned discipline is good in long term
Learned Jesus took care of spiritual enemies
Learned that spiritual gifts overcome spiritual enemies
Learned the last trump changes flesh

Faith progresses from physical to spiritual. One faith in God, but on differering levels.

eddif

Stay on topic :hips

staying on topic is very difficult for me too...
I made a new post before I read yours. I am so hard trying to show what the ultimate shine is. We think light, but is it ultimately light? Light is a shadow compared to the enlightened mind of Christ.

You would think they would build a fence around Mississippi to keep us penned up. LOL
eddif

I guess we have not even setup the darkness before the light.

400 years of darkness; as far as some can tell:
Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, etc.- all set up the coming fall of Jerusalem, and the good guys (those grieving over the sins of Israel) will go into foreign lands.

400 years of silence between Malachi and Matthew. No light except coming from those in their sanctuary in the foreign lands. Silence about God is darkness indeed,

Then the future promises in those books begin:
The word in hearts
The word in minds
The coming salvation
The coming light of the world
The coming root out of dry ground

Jesus arrived and fulfilled his part.

On the day of Pentecost the representatives of the sin grievers arrive, from every nation under heaven. The day of the marvelous continuing works of God shine forth. Supernatural power is given to help continue to break that 400 years of darkness. The word spreads to Gentiles (the same way it came to Jews).

Now the word about Jesus is spread world wide.

Unpacked more.

eddif

I guess we have not even setup the darkness before the light.

400 years of darkness; as far as some can tell:
Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, etc.- all set up the coming fall of Jerusalem, and the good guys (those grieving over the sins of Israel) will go into foreign lands.

400 years of silence between Malachi and Matthew. No light except coming from those in their sanctuary in the foreign lands. Silence about God is darkness indeed,

Then the future promises in those books begin:
The word in hearts
The word in minds
The coming salvation
The coming light of the world
The coming root out of dry ground

Jesus arrived and fulfilled his part.

On the day of Pentecost the representatives of the sin grievers arrive, from every nation under heaven. The day of the marvelous continuing works of God shine forth. Supernatural power is given to help continue to break that 400 years of darkness. The word spreads to Gentiles (the same way it came to Jews).

Now the word about Jesus is spread world wide.

Unpacked more.

eddif

Mat 4:16
the people dwelling in darkness
have seen a great light,
and for those dwelling in the region and shadow of death,
on them a light has dawned.”

Jhn 3:19
And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil.

And when He left, He did not leave the world in darkness -

Mat 5:14-16
“You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.

Matthew 4:16
the people dwelling in darkness
have seen a great light,
and for those dwelling in the region and shadow of death,
on them a light has dawned.”

Can you tie (region) to my earlier post?

The shadow of death is not the reality of spiritual death. Separation from God for eternity is the death that casts the shadow. The physical deaths in Jerusalem made it the region of the shadow of death.

Outside the region of Jerusalem those who were in foreign countries had more light than Jerusalem.

This Mississippi briar patch has done been grabbed me.
eddif

Back