Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Life on Mars.what if

Would the discovery of life on Mars challenge your faith?

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
mars

"Well, I know one thing you don't know. If this is all just random chance, if we all just developed spontaneously from some random proteins languishing in a pool at the dawn of time, then how did the eye evolve? The eye is a complex organic mechanism made up of dozens of delicate parts. Each part is useless on its own, and the eye is useless if it is missing parts. Such a structure could not evolve slowly, since a half-developed eye is more hindrance than help. Explain it away. Go ahead, be my guest."Rogue
====================
There is no need to explain it. That is mans problem. It may be just because. Your wanting to believe in a deity doesn't make it so. Theists want to point out the orderliness of he universe. Has anyone ever seen a disorderly universe? These definitions of orderliness , beauty, etc are mans definitions. God conforms to OUR ideas. It has been said that God created man on the seventh day and on the eighth man returned the favor.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Evanman wrote:
What constitutes life?

A collection of chemicals? organic matter?

What if none chemical life forms exist--such as Angels and the spirits. How can any of this be proved?

Life is more than simple material blobs that move around on their own.
==================
Life is where you find it. It can be a blob or something we haven't discovered yet. What they are looking for is something similar to what is found on earth. Scientists in the past year discovered life existing at the bottom of the ocean in temperatures far hotter than anything known before.

Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:53 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Droopfeather wrote:
Many of my beliefs are already proven to me. Why change why I know to be true.
IF YOUR BELIEFS WERE PROVEN THEY WOULD NO LONGER BE "BELIEFS BUT FACTS IN A TEXTBOOK,

The Bible is 100% correct. Science is 100% correct. Both are interrpreted, and used wrongly.
OBVIOUSLY YOU HAVE NOT READ IT. THEIR ARE ERRORS AND CONTRADICTIONS SO MANY I CANNOT POST THEM ALL. ANYONE WHO SAYS THIS IS NOT THE CASE IS IN DENIAL. IF YOU HAVE TO REINTERPRET, USE A LOT OF IFS, HAVE THE SPIRIT OF UNDERSTANDING,PRAY ON IT, USE POSSIBILITIES THAT WEREN'T SPECIFICALLY LEFT OUT IN ORDER TO MAKE THE BIBLE TRUE THEN SOMETHING IS DRASTICALLY WRONG.

People don't know how life began, how old the earth is, if people are really apes, etc.
TRUE ON THE FIRST, SCIENTISTS HAVE A PRETTY GOOD IDEA ON THE AGE OF THE EARTH, AND MAN IS PROBABLY A SPECIES UNTO HIMSELF THAT IS VERY SIMILAR TO AN APE. IN FACT MAN AND CHIMPS SHARE ABOUT 99% OF THE SAME DNA.

Unless you were there, you knowklegde is limited beyond your comprehension.
VERY TRUE BUT THIS DOES NOT DEFAULT TO A GOD.

But interrpretation is the problem. What we have today as science is just some true and some false stuff jumbled to gether to make the false look true.
WHO SAYS ? YOU? SCIENCE DOES NOT NEED TO INTERPRET. DO YOU REALIZE HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE TO BE WRONG IN ORDER FOR YOU TO BE RIGHT? WHAT AMAZES ME IS HOW OFTEN THEISTS WILL CITE SCIENCE EVIDENCE WHEN THEIR IS THE SLIGHTEST HOPE IT MAY VALIDATE ONE OF THEIR BELIEFS.

CAPS FOR DISTINTION ONLY
===============
Save4life wrote
Bible's order of events-->

God created heaven and Earth. God created man. God created animals. God created woman.
=========
Well not quite
http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/g ... _list.html

rezewerks: I didn't say how I know, what exactly do I know, why I know, etc. Not all truth can be proven with physical evidence, science, whatever. I do KNOW some things to be true, but my beliefs about how it is true changes with the increasing of knowledge. Your comment on this was uninformed.

The Bible is written strangely, symbolism, metaphors, parables, etc. Not everything was meant to be taken literal. If it was written in modern times, we would understand perfectly what it means. Unfortunately this is not the case.

You are somewhat correct when you say noone knows how life began, some people do, have known, were there. In our current age we have no knowlegde of the details of how. I don't think scientists know jack crap about the age of earth, there are many wys to "test" it, but fact is, noones ever gonna know for sure. I don't believe scientists blindly. Nor anything else.

Humans are not apes, they were most likely simarly designed. no need to overcomplicate it. For man to be an ape, he must have 100% dna match. If something is true 99/100 times, and false 1/100 times, it is false.

A little clarification here. An ape is not a single animal. 'Ape' refers to any of the tailless primates: chimps, gorillas, orangatuns, gibbons, and some more. Humans are also a tailless primate. Some definition of apes include humans, some don't. Its an issue of semantics...humans meet all the qualifications to be an ape, but we've always viewed ourselves as being above all the animals. Whether you believe in evolution or creationism, humans are closely related to all of these primates, from our appearance and mannerisms to our genes. No, man is not a chimp because there are genetic differences, but unless you grant man a special exception, he is an ape.

Honestly, I used to be big into the idea of intelligent life outside our planet, but I do NOT believe there is intelligent life currently on Mars. That is a thing people seem to think. It's possible that at one time there was, but I do not think there is intelligent life on that planet at least.

I don’t believe that there is life on mars but I do have another take on life on Earth. To begin with there are millions of suns out there and as many planets circling many of those suns and many are much, much older that our sun. I think that it is feasible for one of these far off planets support life and this life is millions of years older than ours is.
Now consider how far advanced we will be in a million years and then imagine one planet that has already been there and done that. Surely they are space travelers. Going from on solar system to another and when they come across a planet that does not have life yet but does have the environment to support it they plant the seed. And this seed grows and evolves into us. So in short we are the offspring of an alien beginning. We be the result of the seed they planted. And to end this I also believe they have visited us in the past and will visit us again.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back