Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Life on other planets.

Aliens?

• Most definitely - I can't accept that we're the only intelligent life in existence.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Jules C

I've posted this on another forum, guys, but wanted the imput of you interesting people.

With the stupendous, mind-blowing number of other stars and galaxies, I dream of great minds and powers existing out there. Other races, far more advanced than our own.

What say you?

I believe wholeheartedly that our little planet, small and insignificant in the grand scale of the universe, is the only place that God has created life. The conditions for life being sustained are astronomical, and our planet is positioned JUST RIGHT in the galaxy, which is positioned JUST RIGHT in the universe to qualify. The odds are incomprehensible of this occurring elsewhere, not to mention that the Bible only includes Earth in its setting for life.

i do not believe there is but i realise that it is a possibility. I have no problem with the idea that God may have made other inteligent beings or the fact that it is not mentioned in the Bible, why would it be? It bares no relivance to us or our salvation.

Gabriel

Well life cannot come from none living matter, Life was created by God on this Earth, so unless he made life else ware (which he does not mention) then i am convinced that we are the only "intelligent" life in the universe.

vic C. said:
Just to round things out a bit...

Biblical silence doesn't always negate the possibility.

Of course, but if they could ever prove that life can arise from non life my faith would be shaken drastically, However as of today all evidence says life cannot arise form non life so this means no life on any other planet unless God created.

johnmuise said:
... Of course, but if they could ever prove that life can arise from non life my faith would be shaken drastically, However as of today all evidence says life cannot arise form non life so this means no life on any other planet unless God created.
Absolutely!

Hey, what if there was a civilization in a distant galaxy; they have sacred scriptures like our Bible which point to one sovereign Creator (God) and their scripture makes no mention of us? :-D

vic C. said:
johnmuise said:
... Of course, but if they could ever prove that life can arise from non life my faith would be shaken drastically, However as of today all evidence says life cannot arise form non life so this means no life on any other planet unless God created.
Absolutely!

Hey, what if there was a civilization in a distant galaxy; they have sacred scriptures like our Bible which point to one sovereign Creator (God) and their scripture makes no mention of us? :-D

That's using your noodle :lol:

I love that movie "Enemy Mine".....came out in 86, funny too in some parts. One of those movies you have a full scale of emotions....I like the Mickey Mouse part. In case no one's watched it, Dennis Quaid tells the alien that our president is Mickey Mouse, he wasn't to far off on that.

I'm so pleased to see an open-minded view on this subject.

Especially this comment:

Hey, what if there was a civilization in a distant galaxy; they have sacred scriptures like our Bible which point to one sovereign Creator (God) and their scripture makes no mention of us?

Jules C said:
I'm so pleased to see an open-minded view on this subject.

Especially this comment:

Hey, what if there was a civilization in a distant galaxy; they have sacred scriptures like our Bible which point to one sovereign Creator (God) and their scripture makes no mention of us?
Thanks Julie. You see, I'm not shaken in Faith whether this be true or not. It's not the mission of the ecclesia. Our mission is this:

Mat 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
Mat 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.
Mat 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Mat 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

We have no commandment to worry about whether or not there is life elsewhere in the universe. But if there is, they would be our neighbour too, wouldn't they? :wink:

Could you imagine 8-) "Men in Black" 8-) walking around with Bibles instead of ray guns, preaching to these aliens? :lol:

Carol Lowery said:
I love that movie "Enemy Mine".....came out in 86, funny too in some parts. One of those movies you have a full scale of emotions....I like the Mickey Mouse part. In case no one's watched it, Dennis Quaid tells the alien that our president is Mickey Mouse, he wasn't to far off on that.
Yes, I believe that is the same scene where they share thoughts on their sacred scriptures. 8-)

My daughter was one of two kids from her school selected to visit with Barbara Michaels, the astronaut, and I was the one who jumped at the chance to drive the kids to the event. While we were there, Michaels had this vast picture of the Milky Way on the screen behind her:

milkywayga1.jpg

with this little arrow stating "You Are Here". It just was a wake up call as to how uncomprehensibly big our galaxy is, and how the universe is filled with innumerable galaxies.

Do I think that our vastly intelligent and creative Creator might have created life somewhere else out there? You betcha! :smt023

Well for me it would be putting "God in a Box" stating that I think this planet is the only one with intelligent life. I believe that God has many children on many planets. Because on the outside we may not look alike, doesn't mean for me that we're not all in HIS image inside.

And from an experience my family and I witnessed when I was young after a cook out and taking the food in, my dad noticed it first, and when he said what the h-- is that and we all looked, there was this huge, I mean huge like a football field size metallic disc silently hovering in the sky. The sky was beautiful with colors of pinks, lavendars, orangey pinks and the disc appeared to be trying to camouflage or take on the colors of the sky to be less noticeable.....we all (5 of us plus our dad's police dog) about trampled each other to death with all of us trying to get in the front door at the same time, ran in the kitchen to set everything down and ran to the windows and it was gone, or it could have completely camouflaged itself by then...I don't know. We were living in Lomita California at the time and we were having alot of sightings for about 3 months then off and on.
So from that experience alone, I strongly doubt & know we're not alone here on this planet. My best friend about 28 years ago had one landed/hovered in her back yard in Rock Hill, SC, and her and the kids saw it too. Her daughter still remembers every detail of it, and what they describe is simular to the one we saw, but hers was on a smaller scale in size but still large about 60 feet wide, but same description as the one we seen. It had no portholes or windows, just silver metallic, and very smooth sleak looking and soundless. Plus our family had an experience after that a few months later. Recently in the last month I'v been looking into being hpynotized to remember time lost our family experienced, and I can't get a hpynotist to take me or touch it. I just had a hypnotist just turn me down in this last week. Took me almost 45 years to get brave enough to get hypnotized and have my daughter and godson to be with me, and now I can't find anyone locally that will do it. I know I was terrified, and that's the most scared I've ever been in my life. I remember before and after, and not really sure how many hours were lost in between....at least 3 to 4 hours minimum. One minute around dusk at dinner time I'm hanging sheets before I eat, and the next we were all in bed in our pajama's and were all freaking out. My real dad won't talk about it, step mother is dead, one step sister can't talk about it lives in Texas, and the other one is like me, now lives in Seattle Washington. As soon as I mention what it pertains to......it's I'm sorry we don't do age regression for that. So go figure..... I guess it's something I'll never find an answer to.

Option number two for me. I don't know one way or the other but I would never try to put limits on God's creativness. The photo below was taken by the Hubble telescope. It represents an area of sky the size of a grain of salt held on your fingertip at arms length. Almost all of the objects in the photo are galaxies. Consider this; If you could travel at the speed of light, it would still take about two hundred thousand years to traverse just one of those. As you can see there are many galaxies in the photo, about three thousand actually. Remember, this is just a portion of the sky that represents about two one-millionths. Who are we to say that it's not possible that something else is out there?

photo_tour_HST_DeepField2.jpg

Kinda off topic, but...conspiracy theories about aliens.

I think it's funny that people believe with all the problems in the world (including wars, nations not trusting each other, spying, treason, ect) that they (all the nations of the world) can stay in agreement about not letting people know about aliens.

People really believe in aliens, but say all proof is been covered up by ALL the leaders of the world. But they can't keep Clinton and Lewinsky a secret!

So no I don't think aliens are real...now bigfoot...thats a different story! :wink:

That was funny Joshua....Clinton and Lewinsky......boy aint that the truth.

But out of curiousity do you think that it's our goverment operating the disc that my family saw 45 years ago and my friends family saw 28 years ago on opposites sides of the United States? And if that be the case, where did we come up with the technology to created something so advanced to fly soundless. That's the thing that got us when we were having a cook-out, outside it was behind us in the sky without any sound to bring our attention to turning around to notice it. It was'nt until we were standing sideways from it to where it caught my dads attention first as we were going into the house. But it was just standing in place in the sky.....soundless, no humming, no motor sound, just nothing and it was so big that it was scarey to say the least. But later when we all calmed down and of course thinking about it through the years, it was beautiful in a stream line sort of way, kind of how you'll admire a car sometimes with aerodynamics. thoughI never ever want to see another one.....couldn't get pass the fear.
And if it's our goverment, then why is it such a big secret? Just come out with it so we all can have a ride in it!!! :lol:

And Big Foot.....Oh yeah! I don't know if you saw this show just recently on A&E about these hunters going to their cabin I believe up in Canada and of course it's so remote they have to fly in and land on the lake at the cabin. When they come into the cabin, it's just tore all to pieces, but the way it was tore up, the experts say it didn't have the characteristics of a bear trashing the cabin, so they chalked it up as being vandelize but by who since this cabin is located in a remote area with no one around for 100 mile radius. So a screw board had been place at the front porch of the cabin. When they came back a few months later the screw board had been moved and there was blood and hair on it and they trace the blood line and it measured a foot print of about 18 inches long and 6-8 inches wide. Of course they take the samples back and have them tested. The hair results said it was human DNA with one strand of DNA of chimpanzee/ape in the analysist. Mind Blowing!!
Anyway did you see that one and what do you think? What do you think Big Foot is.....the long lost great ape?

Honestly I believe there are 3 plausible explanations for UFO's other than intelligent life on from other planets.

1.Hoaxes...awhile back a bunch of people (in Nevada or New Mexico I can't remember) saw a ring of lights hovering soundlessly in the night sky. A couple of weeks late a dude admited that he made it with helium balloons a bunch of string and road flares.

2. Military Weaponry...who knows what technology is in use. Look at the stealth bomber and its history.

3.demons...what better way to take focus off Christ that put doubt in the minds with aliens. Demons could manifest themselves as lights in the sky. right?

Now I say I don't believe in aliens, but they could be just as plausible as the ideas stated above.

Now big foot...I love watching those shows about aliens and big foot on TV. I don't a big foot would make it North America. To many hunters in the forests, and if any hunter saw a 9 foot tall ape-man walking by they would shoot first ask questions later.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back