Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Living in the end times

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Feldew

Living in the end times is fantastic and horrible at the same time. I mean, I know all sorts of things about how the United States used to be, and it's such a far cry from now. I can't even walk down the street in broad daylight without keeping an eye out for someone who may want to kidnap me or cut me up. Yeah, I'm pretty paranoid, and the way things are going I'll have even more reasons to be as the years go on.

I also hate that I'm afraid I'll never make it to Heaven: we have to worry about these horrible things happening, the antichrist and stuff, but how are we supposed to know who or what represents each of these things mentioned in Revelations? What if we go and do something thinking we're doing our civic duty and find out too late that we've actually hooked ourselves up with the antichrist? It's bad enough being fearful of other humans in general, I'm also totally about what is to come because...well... in any specific sense, I have no idea what it is, or how to handle it. And I find it hard to seek God, because with the weight of worry about this, I feel guilt. Only going to him out of fear of something I shouldn't fear, going to him for guidance, going to him to help me be less afraid. I'd feel so greedy and manipulative and I hate it.

Besides that, with the great influx of, well, I guess I can just say sinful ways, it seems like a lot of people are jumping off the deep end. I sometimes wonder if I am too...

Your :twocents are welcome. :3

Hey feldew, first of all fear is of the devil, God has given us the Spirit of power and of a sound mind, secondly we will not accidently hook up with the antichrist we will know exactly what the mark of the beast is when it comes and we will know if we are taking it, and we will know if we are turning from Jesus and worshiping the antichrist or not. Ask God for understanding, and peace. Jesus loves you and will not leave you in disarray.

On the other side of all this chaos is the peace which surpasses understanding, so do not worry at the state of the world. Daniel said to expect an Antichrist like the "little horn," interpreted as meaning Antiochus Epiphanes. He was a Greek King who almost destroyed Judaism more than a century before Jesus was born. Daniel sees Antiochus, then another like him at the time of the end. But what if it is Antiochus in both of Daniel's visions?

The turn of events is used in the plot of a a fiction story about the second coming, of Antiochus, called Something Coming by JM DeBord. The return of Antiochus begins at Mt. Nemrut, a tourist site in Turkey. Researchers discover his spirit waiting for them beneath the mountain in an ancient chamber used for magic. From there he sends out Demetrius, his High Priest, to charm world leaders and the media into following a religion based on the old kingdom, appearing to create world peace.

At first the story appears to characterize Christians, especially fundamentalists, as led by unscrupulous leaders who compromise for political power. But read further and Antiochus emerges as a character who can be both an Antichrist and a New Age messiah. The same King responsible for the Abomination of Desolation that Daniel describes turns out to be more. If you want to know what could happen in the end times, and how an Antichrist-like character could try to take over the world and push it to the brink of Armageddon, check it out.

This is so much pressure. I just want to have my job, care for my boyfriend, and go to sleep at night. o.o

Our Lord Jesus can forgive all manner of sin (Matt.12:31). That means to repent to Him and make a change in our lives to prove our repentance is sincere. After healing our relationship with Him, then getting into His Word daily, asking Him for understanding, will begin to remove doubt that can keep us pinned down preventing us to do what He would have us do. Going to Him first is always the first step. And that not just when we're having problems in our lives.

Feldew said:
This is so much pressure. I just want to have my job, care for my boyfriend, and go to sleep at night. o.o
Well come the Tribulation you won't need a job. you will not be able to spend your money unless you have taken the mark of the beast.

You will be able to work and buy and sell whatever you want untill Jesus comes just as long as your not in Judea.If youyr there then plan on dieing.

watchman F said:
Feldew said:
Well come the Tribulation you won't need a job. you will not be able to spend your money unless you have taken the mark of the beast.

I better get used to living on the street.

Feldew said:
watchman F said:
Feldew said:

I better get used to living on the street.
Thats not going to help ya, then the army will pick you up and put you in a prison camp where they will be holding Jews, and Christians, and other resistors to the antichrist's reign

watchman F said:
Thats not going to help ya, then the army will pick you up and put you in a prison camp where they will be holding Jews, and Christians, and other resistors to the antichrist's reign

Oh yeah, that makes sense. Geeze, no wonder everyone thought Hitler was the antichrist: sound like nazis to me. Oh well, at least I'll be in a prison camp because I refuse to submit to the antichrist. I'm alright with that. I just need to make sure my boyfriend is prepared to do the same.

i will cross that bridge when it comes for we really dont know exactly the mark of the beast is, and when the anti-christ will rise.

jasoncran said:
i will cross that bridge when it comes for we really dont know exactly the mark of the beast is, and when the anti-christ will rise.

What does the scripture say happens to the king who reigned prior to the vile man standing in his estate?

Shilohsfoal said:
jasoncran said:

What does the scripture say happens to the king who reigned prior to the vile man standing in his estate?
according to your dogmatic interprataion of the end times, we got it made unless we happen to be in isreal. odd since the bible seems to suggest the whole world will see the tribulation not just isreal.
i watch, more then you think. but i'm not fearful. we are close. but then again so did the apostles think that too.

you cant go wrong by prayer, being in the word, and living the bible says to do.

Mat 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Mat 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Feldew said:
Hold fast to the words and promises of Jesus. :yes

Mat 6:25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
Mat 6:26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
Mat 6:27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?
Mat 6:28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
Mat 6:29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
Mat 6:30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
Mat 6:31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
Mat 6:32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
Mat 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Mat 6:34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

The center_most verse in the Bible is this:

Psa 118:8 It is better to trust in the LORD Than to put confidence in man.

For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height--to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

:amen

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back