Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Long lonely days...

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I've been single since 2/04 now I have dated here and there, but nothing serious. I'm a full time student and work full time, so I have little time to find a woman. Though I would really hope the Lord brings one to me soon. Loneliness is horrible. No wonder the Lord made Eve for Adam..

When my loneliness seems to engulf me I run to the Lord! I encourage people to see your loneliness as your soul thirsting after the Friend who sticketh closer then a brother, our Lord and Saviour. Jesus satisfies the thirst of the soul!!

Who else is with us always? Who else is willing and able to listen to us every moment of every day? No one but Jesus can fulfill the desires of our heart.

Remember guys, marriage is a picture of the union of Christ and the church His bride, not the other way round.

In our loneliness lets seek His face!!

I like the thought, and I agree. However, it's really tough to just Go to God. When I get lonely it hits me really bad, and I could use a few hours to relax and bask in the only one I know who loves me. Life doesn't give me that time, and so some days it seems like i'm walking the battle feild a wounded soldier.

I dunno, I'm 19 years old and have been single my whole life! Yeah, it's definitely lonely sometimes, but when you get right down to it, I have greatly benefitted from it! I now know who I am, and what I'm about, something I don't think I could say if I had had complicated relationships before I was ready. I'm confident now that I am ready, and therefore I believe any relationship I become part of will be healthier because I've learned to lean on Christ. So, don't despair, you're time/right person will come! But only when you are ready, by Christs' standards!

Goin stag in Ohio!

I dunno, I'm 19 years old and have been single my whole life! Yeah, it's definitely lonely sometimes, but when you get right down to it, I have greatly benefitted from it! I now know who I am, and what I'm about, something I don't think I could say if I had had complicated relationships before I was ready. I'm confident now that I am ready, and therefore I believe any relationship I become part of will be healthier because I've learned to lean on Christ. So, don't despair, you're time/right person will come! But only when you are ready, by Christs' standards!

Goin stag in Ohio!

Lets see........I guess I have only been single since January 14, 1985. Hey that's only almost 22yrs :tongue .....and never been on a date either.

Lonliness is definitely hard. I pray and what not but it doesn't always make me feel better. But I guess no one ever said being a christian would be easy. :-?

I agree, its one thing to say 'run to the Lord' but another thing entrely to practice it. I like your picture of the wounded soldier Tim, depicts it perfectly.

On a different note, I got to wondering recently if God gets lonely for OUR companionship? It blew my mind when I thought of it because I've never thought of it quite like that before. I knew He loved me, but to ache for me -my!- fellowship? For some reason I had never made that connection. But then one only needs to look at the lengths He went to to redeem us to Himself as evidence of His love and faithfulness. It causes me to wonder "What is man, that Thou shouldest manify him? and that Thou shouldest set Thy heart upon him?" (Job 7:17) Truly He is worthy of praise!

On the other hand, how many times have I broken God's heart by chasing vain idols? Its a sobering thought isn't it?

Joy makes a good point. For some of those He still has waiting, we wait because we have not come to Him enough, so He is teaching us to lean on him before a spouse. A lesson the guys need to learn a little more urgently, if they are going to lead a household spiritually.

single almost 21 years yay! but thats fine with me i go out all the time with my friends so not a big deal for me.

:angel: I don't think lonelness hurt anyone. It's hard to understand some of the reasons behind earth things..but do you really want to know..I don't think so.

When I get lonely I just say to myself that there is one out there for me and God just has to get us ready. And in His time everything will fall in to play. It makes me feel a little beter knowing that there is some out there. :angel:

Christianbear, that's may be true. But if you wake up and you are 50yrs old and still waiting. You soon think about your last years here. AND NO ONE wants to die lonley

:angel:
Atonement said:
You soon think about your last years here. AND NO ONE wants to die lonley

No one does but I know people that found their true love when they are 60, 70. You may have to wait awhile but there is some out there.

It may be someone you already know like a best freiend. And no one knows how long your going to stay on earth. some people live to be 100 and if that's the case then there is alot of time :angel:

I understand what you are saying, truly I do. But I want to grow old with someone, have kids, grand-kids etc. Though I don't know the future as any of us do, but I do know that love is hard to find. It's either I love her but she does not love me, Or that she loves me, but I don't love her. It's hard trying to find true love that both will have for each other. If I'm 60 or 70 what's the point? I don't want kids that old. What my heart desires is to be with someone while I'm young and grow old to cherish many memories with that person. A life with out memories is not much of a life.

I can agree on a good bit of what Atonemnet has posted. I know the line is it's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all, but there is so much more to it.

I want the Joy of being a father and the chance to cherish a loving wife. The longer I am with this girl, the more cherished each moment will be.

About the loneliness, if it's a struggle now, imagine all the pain it will cause after 20 or 30 years of facing it. That's something I would rather not face.

Back