Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Looking for a specific translation

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Pard

Hello,

I am curious if there is a translation of the Gospel that DOES NOT use the "Majority" text. I have lately grown wary of the "Majority" text as it was created to fulfill the agenda of the Orthodox church and I feel that it leaves out things that other texts do not, like 1 John 5:7.

I DO NOT wish to argue, there is a perfectly decent topic already made for arguing such things. I simply wish to know if there is any Gospel translations that do not use the "Majority" text.

Note: I say "Majority" because it is in fact a VERY small sample of Greek texts. I think it is MAYBE 20% of the total Greek Gospels they have.

Pard, I think you have misunderstood something, or I misread your statement because the Majority Texts includes I John 5:7, Mark 16:9-20; and John 7:53-8:11 just to name a few, and is what the Textus Receptus is based on.

Here are some Translation based on the Textus Receptus (Majority Texts) the KJV and NKJV also I believe the Amplified Bible uses the TR and NestleAlan26. I'm very fond of the KIng James Version myself (but do use both the Amplified Bible and New King James Version).

Hi Logos,

If you check out the link I posted, it seems there has been a shift in meaning concerning the name Majority text. They use the Hodges-Farstad text as the standard for what we consider the Majority Text. It gets a little murky at times, which is why I try stay close to the KJV or Young's Literal text. :yes

Yup, well right now I am using the NASB95 in conjunction with the Geneva and Young's Literal. That's when I need literalness. The NASB95 is really good, except that it has some pieces of scripture that are translated wrong or poorly, so I then switch to the Geneva. And Young's is my fall back. Problem is I do not own either the Geneva or the Young's in a hardcopy, and the Geneva is almost impossible to get a good quality copy of.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back