Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Looking for a virgin wife to marry

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Oh Classik, we were having a discussion on attitudes and approaches to virginity, and now we are playing with words, it seems
icon_smile.gif
. So maybe I ought not to say too much more...
Really?

special thanks to you all.

Out of curiousity I was able to interview some young boys and girls (mostly girls) on this subject of virginity. At first I thought they were going to be very embarrassed. So I was nervously apprehensive before I started the interview. I was surprised they responded politely as if the conversation was ordinary FC Barcelona vs Manchester United football match game thing.
The response and harmony was awesome.

However, what that really got some annoyed was my assuming some of them (mainly the females) were virgins.

One of them told me: "I'm proud of NOT being one." The other said: "Pleease I'M NOT ONE!!!" She had roared at me. That was as if to say: You wicked idiot...how could you wish me one or even imagine I am.

I'm glad my curioustiy didn't fetch me a slap:lol

Its sad biblical values are mocked and that both men and women are proud of having sex out of marriage.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of them told me: "I'm proud of NOT being one." The other said: "Pleease I'M NOT ONE!!!" She had roared at me. That was as if to say: You wicked idiot...how could you wish me one or even imagine I am.

Many years ago you'd be slapped if you implies they were NOT one.

special thanks to you all.

Out of curiousity I was able to interview some young boys and girls (mostly girls) on this subject of virginity. At first I thought they were going to be very embarrassed. So I was nervously apprehensive before I started the interview. I was surprised they responded politely as if the conversation was ordinary FC Barcelona vs Manchester United football match game thing.
The response and harmony was awesome.

However, what that really got some annoyed was my assuming some of them (mainly the females) were virgins.

Well, it's sad, but it needs to be recognized that if someone is truly converted and walking 'in newness of life', cleansed by the blood of Christ, they need to be able to move on from their past: if God has put people's past from view, so should we.

Well, it's sad, but it needs to be recognized that if someone is truly converted and walking 'in newness of life', cleansed by the blood of Christ, they need to be able to move on from their past: if God has put people's past from view, so should we.
I totally agree with that:nod

I totally agree with that:nod

Classik: Well, exactly. I'm reminded of Romans 11.6: "And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work."

Whenever I hear someone say they want to marry a virgin, I always wonder if they are one themselves.

julie:

Yes, it's hard not to wonder sometimes what the thought is that may lie behind it.

In an of itself, preserving virginity until marriage is good (and one can thereby avoid a certain amount of past 'baggage') but the redeemed and cleansed believer needs to be able to move on, if indeed through faith in the work of Christ God has also put the person's past behind him or her.

julie:

Yes, it's hard not to wonder sometimes what the thought is that may lie behind it.

In an of itself, preserving virginity until marriage is good (and one can thereby avoid a certain amount of past 'baggage') but the redeemed and cleansed believer needs to be able to move on, if indeed through faith in the work of Christ God has also put the person's past behind him or her.

Well. A v is still a v.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back