Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

"loser-dom"

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I've been considered a loser since HS. Too girly, too awkward, too many issues. Happens.

What's interesting in my case is how people have really taken it upon themselves to keep me from achieving anything. At 23, I tried to go back to school. Because I was a "loser," all hell broke loose and I ended up in a mental hospital...where I was given heavy, involuntary electroshock. Because I was a "loser," and an "uppity loser," at that.

This isn't a sob story. I promise. Since doing Teen Challenge at 24-25, things have been on the upswing. Jesus must have moved on my parents, because they're solidly behind me. I may be going to school via Liberty Online, hopefully cashing in some of those otherwise useless sociology credits. God willing, I'll be employed and autonomous in a couple years, with a degree and student loan debt (welcome to 21st century America, right?!).

Anyway, my story interests me because it seems that a lot of "losers"--this would include those who are considered "lame" as well as those who fell off the rails, came from the wrong side of the tracks, the mentally ill, etc.--are "kept in their place" by self-righteous hypocrites. In my case, the mental health so-called "professionals" took it upon themselves to really, really let me have it, so I couldn't accomplish anything. It took direct healing touches from The Lord plus my parents to get me to a point where I just *might* be able to make some progress.

As it stands now, being an uppity loser+a "troublemaker" (read: a mental patient dumb enough to think they're entitled to quality care since, you know, that's what they're supposedly paying for) = being so stigmatized that I pretty much *have* to go to school online. There's a tech school locally and one 40 miles away. Both are probably off limits, because losers/schizophrenics/etc. are supposed to know their place in society :-(

So, thank God for the internet, right? I may be an uppity troublemakin' loser around here, but I'm just another pushing-30 back-to-schooler for the people at Liberty. No big deal, right?

If my case is any indication, lots of people who could/would/should be contributing, productive, effective members of society are not only excluded from such roles, they're constantly "put in their place" and "taught a lesson". Such is the nature of low status, I suppose.

What makes me extra-angry about the whole situation is how much human potential is wasted, and how much money seems to be spent keeping people in line. Think about it. Prisons, jails, mental hospitals, group homes, "disability" (this just in: lots of people on disability are on welfare, its just controlled by a shrink. Awesome.)...these things cost billion$ upon billion$ per year, at a time when the global economy is downright terrible. But...what's the alternative? Let people escape loserdome? Pshaw. Think again.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back