Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Losing My Job

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I just found out today that I am losing my job due to downsizing. I don't really know where to go right now, but I'm sure the Lord will be my guide. Please pray for the direction that I should go.

You are lifted up in prayer.

If you don't have your resume together, I would get on that right away. I would also recommend the time left at your current job you be as pleasant with management as possible. Even though this is a downsizing, try to get as many letters of recommendation from your current employers. You were not fired for some incident or poor work but the possible victim of being in a company which made bad business decisions and can no longer afford their payroll. So depart as a friend and get those letters speaking highly of your talent and work ethic.

Then visit or call the local unemployment office. Why not? You paid taxes to help others in transition, now you need it. There are scores of job placement and resume upload sites on the net. Warning a lot are garbage and click bait. Do some research on the better ones.

Best advice. It's who you know. When I retired from the military I had to swallow my pride and contact some folks I knew while serving who already transitioned. After 20 or so misses trying to do it on line myself, I got a call from an old friend who knew my skill set. They moved mountains to hire me. Who you know is important.

I don't know your profession, however looking at other companies local which meet your job description or skills is a good approach. Most may not be hiring , but stepping in to their HR office looking sharp and handling off a resume with a business card goes a long way. They may not be hiring now, but will keep you on file for when a position comes open.

Dress for success. I'm sure you do this everyday but if you need a new suit (or suit dress for ladies) invest in it if the type of job conducts interviews.

Hope this help and yes, lay this before the feet of our Lord and Savior. What I posted above "is preparing the fields for rain as we pray God will deliver the rain."

You are lifted up in prayer.

If you don't have your resume together, I would get on that right away. I would also recommend the time left at your current job you be as pleasant with management as possible. Even though this is a downsizing, try to get as many letters of recommendation from your current employers. You were not fired for some incident or poor work but the possible victim of being in a company which made bad business decisions and can no longer afford their payroll. So depart as a friend and get those letters speaking highly of your talent and work ethic.

Then visit or call the local unemployment office. Why not? You paid taxes to help others in transition, now you need it. There are scores of job placement and resume upload sites on the net. Warning a lot are garbage and click bait. Do some research on the better ones.

Best advice. It's who you know. When I retired from the military I had to swallow my pride and contact some folks I knew while serving who already transitioned. After 20 or so misses trying to do it on line myself, I got a call from an old friend who knew my skill set. They moved mountains to hire me. Who you know is important.

I don't know your profession, however looking at other companies local which meet your job description or skills is a good approach. Most may not be hiring , but stepping in to their HR office looking sharp and handling off a resume with a business card goes a long way. They may not be hiring now, but will keep you on file for when a position comes open.

Dress for success. I'm sure you do this everyday but if you need a new suit (or suit dress for ladies) invest in it if the type of job conducts interviews.

Hope this help and yes, lay this before the feet of our Lord and Savior. What I posted above "is preparing the fields for rain as we pray God will deliver the rain."
Thanks for all the great information. I actually work in a call center. There are a lot of other call centers in my area. The company isn't as cold blooded as other companies. They are going to have the unemployment people come to our location. They are going to have job fairs at our location before they close. We got 3 months notice unlike some places that just close the doors and say you have 5 minutes to get your stuff and leave. They also have work from home opportunities but I'm not sure I qualify because I am on satellite internet and most employers don't like that.

I have always wanted to have a ministry for the Lord. Maybe now is the time for me to start that. I do need about $2500.00 to get that endeavor started. Pray for the direction to Lord will take me.

O Sandy, I'm sorry for your situation. It's always a little unsettling to know that your employment has ended. We will believe that our amazing Lord will place you into exactly where He can use what he has anointed you for. My advise? "Wait patiently on the Lord". I love You, old friend.

hi. I'm very sorry that you're losing your job. I am happy that your employer isn't as terrible as many others, since that may give you some time to regroup and pray about what to do next.

I'm praying for you. :)

Nashville TN has many call centers. Dell computer, Sprint, and the cell phone insurance company. (And a few others)

But as a construction worker I usually cheer when I get laid off. It's vacation time for me.
Of course as soon as I say I'm ready to go back to work it's overtime hours for the remainder of whatever job I get.

But I'll send word to the Big Guy that you need his attention.

O Sandy, I'm sorry for your situation. It's always a little unsettling to know that your employment has ended. We will believe that our amazing Lord will place you into exactly where He can use what he has anointed you for. My advise? "Wait patiently on the Lord". I love You, old friend.
That's true. He will provide. I learned a lot at this job. Maybe it's time to take what I learned and use it in ministry. I'm sure the Lord will reveal His will in His time.

Nashville TN has many call centers. Dell computer, Sprint, and the cell phone insurance company. (And a few others)

But as a construction worker I usually cheer when I get laid off. It's vacation time for me.
Of course as soon as I say I'm ready to go back to work it's overtime hours for the remainder of whatever job I get.

But I'll send word to the Big Guy that you need his attention.
Nashville is the headquarters for Sitel the company that is laying me off.

That's true. He will provide. I learned a lot at this job. Maybe it's time to take what I learned and use it in ministry. I'm sure the Lord will reveal His will in His time.

You are right Sandy. If I remember correctly, you were quite busy in serving the Lord Jesus. Problem is with a lot of ministry, ya can't pay the bills. I believe that you are very anointed in several area's, so lets believe together that there might be an opening in a church organization, mission agency, or some Christian Business that will hire you....God has something just waiting for you to enter, He had to end your present job in order to get you into this new exciting employment.

Keep us posted. God's favor is coming to swoop you up. :thumbsup

Back