Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Losing Weight

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I do have healthy snacks too! Banana's, Mangos, Carrots, rasperries, plums, apples.
I dont' eat all junk.

Angel . I agree with everyone here. I'd like to piggyback on what has been said and offer you a little more. Excessive eating is a test within our flesh. Stay with me here lol. Satan throws fiery darts at us daily. But sometimes our own appetites seize control of our minds and build extremely bad habits. Anyway before I go too far, the point is the solution is as much a physical (exercise) as it is spiritual (prayer). How is your prayer life? No need to answer, just reflect within yourself. What kind of temperance do you exhibit? You stated you use food as a solution to your problems. Today, know that all of your solutions can be found in Christ. Sorry for the lengthy post. There is alot more I could share and bring out in scripture but I feel led to keep this short and simple. You are our sister and we will be praying for you that God opens the level of understanding and grants you strength to carry out His Word concerning your life. Be of good courage and smile, God loves you!

Don't be embarrassed Angel, and don't be hurt. The first step is recognizing and admitting there is a problem. I let myself balloon up to 400 pounds before I finally said to myself, this will kill me young. I won't survive this. I have chosen abundant food over an abundant life. I gave it up to God in prayer and He has truly helped me. From a man who normally ate, estimating around 7,000-10,000 calories per day completely sedentary, to now eating 2,000 calories per day (a 40% deficit for my body weight and height based upon my BMR/TDEE), I should be losing at least 1-2 pounds per week by diet alone. It has actually been a lot faster than that, but I'm sure a good ten pounds of my initial weight loss has probably been water weight. Expect to pee a lot at the beginning! Lol. And as you see I've decided to get into the scientific aspect of it all as well to understand how exactly we lose weight.

http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/ is a nice little resource, it will tell you how many calories per day your body burns naturally (Base Metabolic Rate, what your body burns just to do its normal functions, what your body works through just surviving) -- simplified, just go to that website and type in your statistics, then subtract 15-20% from that to see how many calories per day you should eat to be in the weight loss zone. I'm doing a 40% deficit but it isn't recommended, however, I am morbidly overweight and a doctor has cleared me for it, I am taking a more desperate response for a more desperate measure.

On top of my 40% deficit I am doing a very low carb diet. That documentary I told you about helped make me aware of how much sugar I was ingesting daily and it was mind boggling. How I'm not diabetic at this point I have no idea. Seriously though, don't be embarrassed. I hope that me being transparent about my weight and my struggles has helped you feel better about this whole thing. If I can help you with any type of information or anything like that just let me know.

Angel . I agree with everyone here. I'd like to piggyback on what has been said and offer you a little more. Excessive eating is a test within our flesh. Stay with me here lol. Satan throws fiery darts at us daily. But sometimes our own appetites seize control of our minds and build extremely bad habits. Anyway before I go too far, the point is the solution is as much a physical (exercise) as it is spiritual (prayer). How is your prayer life? No need to answer, just reflect within yourself. What kind of temperance do you exhibit? You stated you use food as a solution to your problems. Today, know that all of your solutions can be found in Christ. Sorry for the lengthy post. There is alot more I could share and bring out in scripture but I feel led to keep this short and simple. You are our sister and we will be praying for you that God opens the level of understanding and grants you strength to carry out His Word concerning your life. Be of good courage and smile, God loves you!
Thank you.

Don't be embarrassed Angel, and don't be hurt. The first step is recognizing and admitting there is a problem. I let myself balloon up to 400 pounds before I finally said to myself, this will kill me young. I won't survive this. I have chosen abundant food over an abundant life. I gave it up to God in prayer and He has truly helped me. From a man who normally ate, estimating around 7,000-10,000 calories per day completely sedentary, to now eating 2,000 calories per day (a 40% deficit for my body weight and height based upon my BMR/TDEE), I should be losing at least 1-2 pounds per week by diet alone. It has actually been a lot faster than that, but I'm sure a good ten pounds of my initial weight loss has probably been water weight. Expect to pee a lot at the beginning! Lol. And as you see I've decided to get into the scientific aspect of it all as well to understand how exactly we lose weight.

http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/ is a nice little resource, it will tell you how many calories per day your body burns naturally (Base Metabolic Rate, what your body burns just to do its normal functions, what your body works through just surviving) -- simplified, just go to that website and type in your statistics, then subtract 15-20% from that to see how many calories per day you should eat to be in the weight loss zone. I'm doing a 40% deficit but it isn't recommended, however, I am morbidly overweight and a doctor has cleared me for it, I am taking a more desperate response for a more desperate measure.

On top of my 40% deficit I am doing a very low carb diet. That documentary I told you about helped make me aware of how much sugar I was ingesting daily and it was mind boggling. How I'm not diabetic at this point I have no idea. Seriously though, don't be embarrassed. I hope that me being transparent about my weight and my struggles has helped you feel better about this whole thing. If I can help you with any type of information or anything like that just let me know.
Thank you for your kind words.

Back