Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Lost #2

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I

Illidan

I just did this... but apparently it didn't post. oh well.

Basically, i have a lack of direction right now. This sort of thing happens a lot to college students i know... but really i just want to find my old fire again. I want to study Christian Counseling, but last year i lost all ambition to do it. I just found that i was lacking counseling role models and i "failed" to help my unbelieving friends (yes, that is a thread topic all to itself). during the summer i dropped out of contact with just about all of my Christian friends. I skipped this past semester of school and now I'm looking at another semester without school. Right now i am trying to become involved at a new church (i've only gone once so far...) and it just feels like I've slid so far out of community and fellowship that i can't get back in again.

I just moved into a new city, so I know what it is like to find a new church and fit in. It isn't easy, and some of us aren't the most social when it comes to meeting new people. But it is important to get involved, go to the bible studies or other things going on in the group and get to know some people.

"failing" to help nonchristian friends could mean many things. If it is that you failed to make them believe than you are trying a feat that only the Holy Spirit can do. If you mean you failed to counsel them in a moral way, then I would say that you can't do that either, at least on a spiritual level. Nonchristians need not even try and follow Christian teachings, there is no reason to do so if they don't believe in Christ. They must first believe in Christ then the Holy Spirit will guide them into repentance, not cleaning up their lives to come to Christ as many people think.

If you don't have the motivation to be a Christian counselor, then fine. Not everyone is meant to go into "fulltime ministry". I hate that notion anyway. We are all called to be a light to the world in whatever we do, and just because our job titles are not directly Christian doesn't mean that our vocations don't glorify God.

My suggestion for motivation to go back to school if thats what you think you should be doing. Is to go and get the most horrible menial job you can find, then after a little while you will definately have the motivation to pursue an education. It worked for me, I was out of school for 3 years working horrible jobs, then I had plenty of motivation to go back to school.
:-D

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back