Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Lost my purse... and with it irreplaceable valuables

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

God&DogGirl

I lost my purse this evening. In it is my driver's license, all my IDs, my debit card, my money, a digital camera with all the wiring for it, an external hard drive with hundreds of files I would have a hard time replacing (thankfully it's mostly TV shows but having to download them all over again would be frustrating). I move out on Sunday this week and I need this stuff for the move. If I don't get it back, I have to renew my driver's license and until then I have to be VERY careful not to get pulled over. I can't buy ANYTHING without my wallet.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY didn't need this right now so please take a moment to pray that someone turns it in and doesn't take anything.

I lost my purse this evening. In it is my driver's license, all my IDs, my debit card, my money, a digital camera with all the wiring for it, an external hard drive with hundreds of files I would have a hard time replacing (thankfully it's mostly TV shows but having to download them all over again would be frustrating). I move out on Sunday this week and I need this stuff for the move. If I don't get it back, I have to renew my driver's license and until then I have to be VERY careful not to get pulled over. I can't buy ANYTHING without my wallet.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY didn't need this right now so please take a moment to pray that someone turns it in and doesn't take anything.

Done

Relax
Deep breath
Back track in your mind to the last place you had it, then retrace your steps. I'm sure you will find it. :)

Arrrgguuhhh! Losing one's purse is very frustrating. Prayers that it will be found/ returned!

:pray

As for driving, if you have a license and it isn't with you the worst that they will do is give you a summons to show the judge that you do have your license. No sweat there.

Still haven't found the bloody thing. Been looking for it for a while now. Got a new license and a new debit card will come in 5-7 business days (which means the earliest I'll get it is next Wednesday after I've been on my own for 3 days already). I guess I'll ask for a new hard drive and camera for my next birthday, which isn't until September, but I can wait, it won't be terrible. I do have a stack of blank DVDs just waiting to be filled.

Someone found it and turned it in!! Looks like I'll get my camera back after all!! :biggrin

Of course I'll still have to wait for the new debit card but thank God everything else was found. Thank God my school ID was in there, the HP contacted them.

Too bad so much got stolen...did these things go missing after it was found, because it sounded as if you were getting most of your things back. :nono2

Figures, some people have no respect at all.
Matthew 6:19-21

19 “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, 20 but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.â€

This is a perfect opportunity for all of us to look up, to HIM... God sometimes allows us to learn from difficulties (myself included). God would say something like this to all of us, don't look to your wallets, tv shows i phones, etc....trust in me...keep your eyes and hearts focused on things up above (speaking to myself)...people are dying every day in their sins without Jesus. Let's all pray for the thieves -- that they may come to salvation through Jesus Christ! :pray

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back