Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Luke 7:4-5

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Luke 7:4-5 King James Version (KJV)
4 And when they came to Jesus, they besought him instantly, saying, That he was worthy for whom he should do this:
5 For he loveth our nation, and he hath built us a synagogue.

Luke 7:4-5 Revised Standard Version (RSV)

4 And when they came to Jesus, they besought him earnestly, saying, “He is worthy to have you do this for him, 5 for he loves our nation, and he built us our synagogue.”

Revised Standard Version (RSV) Revised Standard Version of the Bible, copyright © 1946, 1952, and 1971 the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

4 They found Jesus knowing that He could heal, that He was worthy enough to have such a connection with God that He was worthy, they may have not accepted that Jesus was God but with what He did that could have changed, they may have seen Him just as more then a another miracle maker after the healing and seen Him as Lord as the centurion did.

5 This is the reference to the centurion. They are trying to use this to convince Jesus to heal him but Jesus heals him simply because of his faith. We can do this and do that but without faith we are still under the sickness of sin it is only by faith in Jesus that the sickness of sin can be cured.

Luk 7:4-5
And when they came to Jesus, they pleaded with him earnestly, saying, “He is worthy to have you do this for him, for he loves our nation, and he is the one who built us our synagogue.”

They were telling Jesus that the man who needed help(Centurion) was 'worth' doing something for - proving it because of what the centurion had done for the nation of Israel.

I think I agree with you that they were trying to convince Jesus to do something because the man had been "good". I think Jesus looks past that though. I think that He is able to save, heal, those who seem good just as much as those who seem bad. We always look on the outside, but as we all know God looks at the inside.

It is true that without faith it is impossible to be healed from sin.

Back