Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Lying

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Lie' what is that something new ? I have never done it before. How is it done :shrug
I am still waiting for somebody to tell me what a lie is because I have never done it even once in my life. Is the word lie some kind of dance or something because I don't dance.

I am still waiting for somebody to tell me what a lie is because I have never done it even once in my life. Is the word lie some kind of dance or something because I don't dance.

A lie is simply (a) either a perversion of the truth or (b) a deliberate deception of any kind whatsoever. If you believe you've never lied, perhaps you are already lying to yourself. Self-deception is very common. And maybe you're only just kidding, which is fine,

A lie is what comes out of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton's mouth when they feign concern for the black community.

Last edited:
A lie is simply (a) either a perversion of the truth or (b) a deliberate deception of any kind whatsoever. If you believe you've never lied, perhaps you are already lying to yourself. Self-deception is very common. And maybe you're only just kidding, which is fine,
What is the truth and who defines what truth is?

What is the result and purpose of the truth?

Abraham and his wife.... but maybe they are excused because Christianity was not yet.

I do recall Jesus telling his brothers He was not going to a festival, then going... but of course, technically, Jesus was not a Christian.
how did Abraham lie?

What is the truth and who defines what truth is?
Since the Lord Jesus Christ is TRUTH (Jn 14:6), and since God is the God of TRUTH (Isa 65:16), truth is everything that conforms to the character and mind of God and Christ. This includes the entire wirtten revelation of God (the Holy Bible) and all the universal laws (moral, spiritual, and physical) that govern this universe.

What is the result and purpose of the truth?
That human beings, who were created in the likeness of God, will eventually be saved, and come to the knowledge of the truth (1 Tim 2:4), and then be "conformed to the image of His Son" (Rom 8:29).

No, but they WERE demonstrating great courage. If their lie was found out, I suspect they'd have been very likely to be shot for it.
While their motives were noble and commendable, a lie is still a lie, and according to God's character, it is a sin. However, God would certainly forgive a sin that could lead to a greater good.

While their motives were noble and commendable, a lie is still a lie, and according to God's character, it is a sin. However, God would certainly forgive a sin that could lead to a greater good.
so if they didn't tell that lie and men died its not a sin?

That's an even greater sin. But sins are always sins.
uhm so you do think we should sin in that matter.
if you ask another to sin for you isn't that a sin?

ie whom shall be a lying spirit for me? what person said that to a spirit? I know the answer but to show you something I postulate that. if its for the greater god when they do you state god will forgive it? like lying for lusts isn't forgivable but that other type is?

Should a Christian for whatever reason ever lie?

No, of course not. ...However, I do believe that in very extreme and dangerous events, lying or twisting the truth around in such a way as to play 'mind games' in order to escape a desperate situation, then I believe it's acceptable. Maybe not necessarily 'right', but acceptable.

he told abilemech and the pharaoh that sarai , his wife, was his sister.
I find that to be the truth.
Gen 20: 12
And yet indeed she is my sister; she is the daughter of my father, but not the daughter of my mother; and she became my wife

I do not need to go on 222 posts.The Bible is clear lying is a sin Exodus 20:16;Colossians 3:9

What does the Bible say about little white lies?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back